Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Anyone know a hardcore Charlton fan called Seb?

edited November 2009 in Match Day Travel
Hasn't missed a game for 10 years or something

Always carrying a rucksack with him and wears the same outfit (apparently). always looks dishevelled.

I saw him a few times on some of the away games a couple of years back (Brizzle, Cov, Hull and Wolves) and thought he had disappeared but saw him again at Gillingham - just wondered if anyone knew him

Comments

• Has a brother called Ollie?

Seen him around and comes to Bromley Meetings sometimes.
  • I want to know his secret - like how he can afford all that travel!
  • He sits near front of j block.

Legend
  • He's very well 'known' to a lot of Charlton fans and can be seen around the Oak on matchdays. Haven't seen as much of his brother lately but i have seen him at one game this season, so he's still going. Zeb a funny lad and donkey's ago he made a complaint about me harassing him on a supporters coach. What actually happened was some other young lads threw something at him as part of their 'high jinx' and then when he moaned at them, they said it was me. I was not amused and told them all to f**k off! To those who might remember it, Zeb was the guy who asked Clive Mendonca, in a Q&A at the Valley, what he thought of the difference in the standard of school teaching in London and up North. Mendonca's face was a picture!
  • Saw him up at Carlisle on saturday. I believe he is a driving instructor.
  • edited November 2009
    Is he the fella that wears a Charlton vest to most away games? If it's the same bloke he got chucked out at Norwich at half time for banging the seat next to him up an down. Poor bloke only got there 25 minutes in.
  • Dee plane Boss, dee plane!
  • Oakster, so cruel, so cruel.
  • edited November 2009
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Oakster, so cruel, so cruel.

Poor lad - every time he went near one of our lot, someone would start shouting this!! I think he enjoyed the attention. It was either him or his brother, Ben Elton, who got run over outside the Oak one afternoon while charging around with a tinfoil replica of The Championship trophy!

I am sure a lot of people have favourite characters amongst our support base.

We idolised Ray - old fella who sat/sits in the East Stand - looks like Van Morrison, always carries a carrier bag wherever he goes - always pissed as a fart. We used to sing "he keeps his songs in his bag" to him whenever we met - he had no idea what we meant but used to hold the bag aloft & shout "wahey"......

Remember the Bolton cup tie a few years ago, wandering into some obscure pub miles from The Reebok - to see Van the Man ensconsed in the corner, probably on his 6th pint of the day - ah the memories.
  • Wasn';t Seb the bloke who was on the front page of the Mercury a few years ago, who had reported his car stolen in Charlton. The Police located it a few months later only to learn that Seb had parked it trhere and forgotten where he had parked it ...
  • Sponsored links:

• Yeah that was him Riscardo.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]Dee plane Boss, dee plane!

a genuine LOL from me - congratulations!
  • He's kinda my mate, well I speak to him and stuff! Really nice guy! Charlton is his life tbh! Great Guy!
  • [cite]Posted By: cafc-4-life[/cite]He's kinda my mate, well I speak to him and stuff! Really nice guy! Charlton is his life tbh! Great Guy!

Much respect to them - they are at every game H&A - including some grim Northern fixtures where our support could fit into a taxi!
  • Little fella, always down the front of J block as me and the other scumbags are leaving clapping the players off
  • i think i know this guy in a round about way is his name Seb Erde ? he has girl friend called Florence and a dog called Dougal ? always has a spring in his step.
  • The thing with Seb and Ollie is...They never age!!!

Good lads, passionate fans though have their "odd" moment!
  • I think I know who you mean. Seem to see him everywhere.
    Anyone know the black fella who also seems to be everywhere, sits at the back of the lower north.
    Wears a ruskie hat all the time??
  • [cite]Posted By: C.Walsh'sLoveChild[/cite]I think I know who you mean. Seem to see him everywhere.
    Anyone know the black fella who also seems to be everywhere, sits at the back of the lower north.

Norm?
  • [cite]Posted By: C.Walsh'sLoveChild[/cite]

Everyone knows him
  • Sponsored links:

• Is Seb the one who takes a lot of pictures of the game? well he did once if im thinking of the right guy. About 4 rows down from me in the J Block, row D maybe
  • As Oakster has already said he got an unbelievable amount of stick from our lot. Fantasy Island came about from the first moment he was seen and has stuck ever since.

It was him who got run over outside the Oak whilst brandishing a tinfoil trophy. I also remember him chasing the Chelsea team coach towards the level crossing whilst shouting allsorts of abuse.....much merriment was given to all outside the pub.

A particular hi-light for me was his carry-on at Bradford a few years back. We went 2-0 down and he went absolutely mental. Screaming "c*nt, c*nt, c*nt" over and over. He then kicked the crap out of the seat infront of him. A bloke asked him to calm down to which he screamed "all Charlton fans are c*nts" he then burst into tears and ran out of the away end.

I have a vague recollection of him going in the wrong end at QPR a few years ago as well. He roused a chorus of "nik nak, give us wave".

My wife had told me that he was working for Red as a driving instructor. God help anyone having lessons with him.

He isn't very good with people. he was on my plane on the way to Ireland and was in the same hotel at Bray. He turned up in the pub afterwards and was greeted with chants of "the planes, the planes". He left very promptly.
  • edited November 2009
    Guys,

Fellow Charlton fans and all that so maybe keep it nice.
  • Well I guess we have identified him - I reckon he deserves a song!

If Seb Erde is his name then I guess that fits nicely into the Red Army chant!?!

I wonder if we could get him on tv?
  • [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Well I guess we have identified him - I reckon he deserves a song!

If Seb Erde is his name then I guess that fits nicely into the Red Army chant!?!

I wonder if we could get him on tv?

I am sure Seb Erde was regularly on TV - normally about 5.45pm Mon-Fri on BBC 1 in the early seventies!
  • seriously, some of use are disgraceful and announcing how you bully someone who is a fellow Charlton fan who may or may have something wrong with them its horrible! You wouldn't like to be in his place! I despise people like you'se (the ones who say are horrible) stand up for him, hes only a little fellow and aint done nothing wrong to any of us!
  • [cite]Posted By: cafc-4-life[/cite]seriously, some of use are disgraceful and announcing how you bully someone who is a fellow Charlton fan who may or may have something wrong with them its horrible! You wouldn't like to be in his place! I despise people like you'se (the ones who say are horrible) stand up for him, hes only a little fellow and aint done nothing wrong to any of us!

Its not bullying mate, its seems to me like a harmless bit of chat. Everybody is fully aware that the guy '''may or may not have something wrong with him'' but we love him for it. Its what makes the whole club what it is, the individual characters. What people say to him isnt aggresive and i havent seen a post thats been 'horrible', if it was bullying then i very much doubt he would be sitting in the J Block every week. Id guarantee that if Seb came in for any stick or aggressive behaviour then he would be the most protected man at the Valley. If anyone takes it too far then they would get told in no uncertain terms where to go.
  • I don't wish any ill on him - I just figured he was "known" amongst fans and was curious myself as I often see him

I couldn't care less if he's not the full ticket - just wondered if he is known or, better still, on here!!
  • Cafc-4-life. Take a chill pill. You werent around when any of this so called bullying went on. As Oakster has already said, he seemed to enjoy the attention and at times revelled in it.

Where has anyone taken the piss out of him for whatever might be wrong with him? Comments because he looks like a character from a 70s tv show should hardly bring out those sort of accussations.

If you think telling people what the bloke has actually done can be construed as bullying then there really is no hope for us.
  • Does he often wear sun glasses and a baseball cap?