Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Huddersfield vs Charlton - Match Thread

edited March 2010 in General Charlton
Team news and updates here.

See the admin message re language, ta

Comments

• Charlton: Randolph, Richardson, Borrowdale, S Sodje, Dailly; Wagstaff, Semedo, Racon, Reid; Mooney, Forster
    Subs: Warner, Solly, Llera, Spring, Sam, Shelvey, A Sodje
  • Emma's at West Ham
  • edited March 2010
    BBC said Semedo, Sam and A Sodje had knocks and were doubtful. Nothing about Bailey, odd.
  • edited March 2010
    Bailey injured apparently. Interesting to see how we perform without him. Anyone know who's captain? I'd guess Dailly is.

Thought Randolph might start, does suggest Warner perhaps isn't on a huge wage.

No Fry, not surprised though I think he's here as a squad player and will come in for Borrowdale when he goes.
  • Dickson on the bench for Gillingham, even with Jackson not in the squad.

Ambrose starts in a 4-4-2 for Palace and they lose.
  • like that starting line up ..... would prefer sam to wagstaff and bailey to racon but obviously cos of injuries that wasn't gonna happen...... survive the first 25 mins and the games ours for the taking!!
  • i'm prepared for a tough game today. hope we win. a draw would be a good result.
  • Mmm, interesting team. We'll be obliged to update unless we find a live feed (which is unlikely). The feed will come from BBC London 94.9 (which I believe would also be the CAFCtv commentary) and as it's their main feature, it'll be constantly interrupted by updates from other matches and Clive Walker and Phil Parry talking about other things. Oh well. Better than Emma... but not by much. It might be more entertaining to go to CAFCtv and then use the Huddersfield Town commentary.

Ok, so no Bailey; have we got the balls and guile to do it in midfield? Bad vibes about this, especially as Millwall are at home to Stockport. We could be four points behind those neanderthals by this evening.
  • Good afternoon.
  • [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]Ok, so no Bailey; have we got the balls and guile to do it in midfield? Bad vibes about this, especially as Millwall are at home to Stockport. We could be four points behind those neanderthals by this evening.
    Without Bailey we'll probably either play quite well or just collapse. In some ways we might be better without him, but at the same time we could lacking someone to get that goal or make that run into the box. Perhaps that's partly the thinking with Wagstaff, like Bailey he always looks to get into goalscoring positions.
  • Sponsored links:

• i think we are gonna do them 2-0....
  • Is bailey completely out of it or just on the Bench?
  • Sorry, Just seen the line up, please ignore my earlier question.
  • having a goalie who could potentially catch a ball may give the defence more confidence
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley_floyd_red[/cite]Is bailey completely out of it or just on the Bench?
    Completely out, see second post for subs. No Fry either.
  • Why no Fry I wonder?
  • Finally wagstaff gets a chance! not too worried about bailey missing as he's been poor lately. plus racon has been our best midfielder lately. wagstaff and reid should really stretch their defence.
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley_floyd_red[/cite]Why no Fry I wonder?

I'd guess lack of match fitness after he was ruled out for six weeks when he was on loan at Gillingham earlier this season?

And as Borrowdale is a 28-day loanee then he'll be used more for this period.
  • I think when we play with two wingers we become a bit predictable. Hopefully either Semedo or Racon will try and hold the ball up when they can.
  • bailey - ankle injury - from os.
  • Sponsored links:

• dailly captain
  • I have no commentary on CAFC player
  • Incidentally we only got draws against Millwall and Gillingham because we were kicking the wrong way...
  • When the red red robin...
  • what is the extent of bailey injury?
  • [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Valley_floyd_red[/cite]Why no Fry I wonder?

I'd guess lack of match fitness after he was ruled out for six weeks when he was on loan at Gillingham earlier this season?

And as Borrowdale is a 28-day loanee then he'll be used more for this period.
    I don't think he was ever here to go straight into the team. Just gives us more options in case we had an injury crisis. We wouldn't want to be throwing Mambo in at centre back or putting Solly at right back again.
  • We're off, Dailly up, Racon can't win it, breaks to Kyel Reid - near touchline, he's a left winger - we're getting a free kick here.
  • Interesting line-up. Hope they rise to the occasion. Come on you reds.
  • Dailly back to Randolph, clears up and Heffernan gets it away, Semedo and Racon tried to get there but Richardson through for Mooney, has support from Forster, Waggy runs but Gary Roberts has it, runs, Theo Robinson can't keep it in and it's out for a throw.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!