Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lloyd Sam is STAYING!

Spoke to him today at Soccer Sixes, asked if he was staying and he said he is and he is just waiting for the contract to sign. So scrap all them rumours thats he's leaving for his clothing buisness.

Comments

• we will never leave this league.
  • Great news if true. Despite what some may say, if players of his calibre are staying then we may not be as fooked as has been suggested. hope you're not on a wind up cafc4life!
  • more reason for a lloyd sam song, providing he deserves it (though he will never please some people).
    The clubs longest serving player.
  • might be a different store when he sees the contract - he is the last player on Prem wages & I would expect his contract to be a lot less than it was before.
  • Another thing is that I spoke to Waggy and were trying to bring a striker and centerback in and Dailey should be staying.
  • Good news as I doubt we'd find better, and Wagstaff although scores more doesn't yet create chances like Sam does.
    [cite]Posted By: cafc-4-life[/cite]Another thing is that I spoke to Waggy and were trying to bring a striker and centerback in and Dailey should be staying.
    Sam Sodje going then maybe? He is on the PFA list (then again I think Sam was as well?)
  • Hope this is true, Sam and Dailly staying could also persuade a few others to stay- Burton for example as they will know we can be more than competitive next season and the squad will have quality.

If Semedo stays aswell, we have a chance!
  • Waggy thinks we will have a stronger squad next season! So who knows!
  • Sam has not had a great season...having said that I guess I'm quite happy he's staying as one always feels that he has significantly more to offer...will it be in 2010/2011?
  • Sponsored links:

• This is good news although I would still like a genuine left winger as well ( I wish Kyle Reid was available).
    One of Lloyd's problems was that he would take two markers , this allowed Reid more space. as has been said earlier there would nothing better in League One.

I suspect he will get a reduced contract and his business activities may make it convienent to stay London based.
  • I'm pleased, I like him. He needs to be more confident in his own ability and a bit braver but he has a lot of talent.
  • [cite]Posted By: D_F_T[/cite]I'm pleased, I like him. He needs to be more confident in his own ability and a bit braver but he has a lot of talent.

I agree with that but would add that he needs to produce it week in week out not every once in a while then go missing for a couple of months. We simple cannot afford in every sense of the word to have any passengers at the club any more.
  • Well pleased.
  • Gutted.

What about his clothing range?
  • [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Gutted.

Its called Linx Designs or something like that and he was giving all the celebs freebies today.
  • Typical decides to start his fashion business but his motivation peters out before the end :-)
  • I'm glad if he's staying.

Now, if he could just work at getting some decent delivery into the danger area.
  • well chuffed if this is true, yes inconsistent but can win games also a constant thorn to the opposition.am suprised as thought he could get in most championship, ill wait till its confirmed hes signed a new contract before i start dancing
  • Delighted if its true (not sure it is mind), hopefully Semedo and Dailly say they are as well next.
  • Sponsored links:

• I hope this is true.
  • [cite]Posted By: hudson-son-son[/cite]Delighted if its true (not sure it is mind), hopefully Semedo and Dailly say they are as well next.
    [cite]Posted By: LawrieAbrahams[/cite]I hope this is true.

Why would I lie about it?
  • Was more thinking that Sam is unlikely to tell a group of Charlton fans he's leaving.
  • this is a massive boost. way better than wagstaff.

And on the subject of Lloyd Sam, this may interest some of you but probably not convince some of the haters:

My housemate works for a professional gambling firm, who bet/trade exclusively (at the moment) on football - and they make a very hefty sum of money out of it! The company is essentially comprised of Traders and Analysts - the traders being the guys who bet the cash, and the analysts who research the teams and players, watch the games, keep tabs on injuries/suspension/loss of form etc and write reviews/previews etc to inform the traders laying down the money.

The analysts have to give a star rating for each player in a squad, reflecting their importance etc - these are between 0 and 4 stars, and reflect not just their ability but who they have as backup etc. There are a maximum of 5 4star players in each DIVISION.

For Charlton, we had only three players rated above 2 stars:

Nicky Bailey (3)
    Frazer Richardson 2/3
    Lloyd Sam 2/3

Frazer Richardson's high rating presumably reflects the fact that we have no adequate backup so him being out is a big loss even though many people would not necessarily view him as a particularly key player.

Given that Lloyd Sam's backup is Wagstaff, who many people (not me) seem to rate as better or at least as good as Sam, and who has scored several goals this season, then it is clear that his firm rate Sam as a crucial player for us.

I happen to agree, but thought that some might be interested to hear what is as close to a "professional/reliable/well-considered" opinion as you could probably get.
  • edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: cafc-4-life[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: hudson-son-son[/cite]Delighted if its true (not sure it is mind), hopefully Semedo and Dailly say they are as well next.

Don't think anyone is suggesting you're lying, in fact someone else there today said Sam said the exact same thing to him. I just think people are loathe to believe anything till its on the OS, as the Charlton Life Elders have taught us! ;0) Others may be wary as Sam may not have wanted to admit he was leaving for fear of getting verbal.
  • they know feck all
  • [cite]Posted By: cafc-4-life[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: hudson-son-son[/cite]Delighted if its true (not sure it is mind), hopefully Semedo and Dailly say they are as well next.

Not suggesting you're lying, I'll rephrase it and just say that I hope he does stay.
  • [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Gutted.

He's staying because Macron is letting him design the new kit.
  • keep the faith , if sam stays i'll be more bullish our finishing position...... and that's a good sign cos i'm always right !
  • Damn

I've given away all my designer togs to charity in anticipation of Lloyds new range. Gotta spend the rest of the evening ripping open black bags outside Oxfam looking for them.