Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Does anyone actually believe that Parky is a good manager?

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]Spoke to an ex-player yesterday that wasn't too complimentary about him.

Moo2 told me that too.

;o)
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]Spoke to an ex-player yesterday that wasn't too complimentary about him.
    Obviously you're not going to say who but it wouldn't happen to be a player that Parky didn't play very often would it?

He didn't play that often your right, but when you think of the players that were picked infront of him you can understand why he might have the hump about it. Said that Parky made him promises about things lied to him about other things and was a bad man manager full stop.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]
    Obviously you're not going to say who but it wouldn't happen to be a player that Parky didn't play very often would it?

He didn't play that often your right, but when you think of the players that were picked infront of him you can understand why he might have the hump about it. Said that Parky made him promises about things lied to him about other things and was a bad man manager full stop.
    Is it someone we'd prefer was still in the squad now? Or someone we're happy has been moved on?
  • Options
    It was either moots or someone with that attitude McLeod maybe? Or Basey
  • Options
    If Parkinson is that bad I'm surprised that players who were here on loan last season such as Reid, Jackson and Akpo were keen to sign for us on a full time basis this season. I would have thought that Reid and Jackson especially would have had a few clubs to choose from.
  • Options

Sounds like Matt Spring, who has said much the same publicly
  • Options
    He's doing all right. Shrewd signings and has inproved the team beyond recognition now that he's had money to spend on players of his own choosing. He's getting the best from Racon, Semedo & Wagstaff and has signed some good 'uns .. Persuading Dailly to stay was a master stroke; Jackson, Benson & Doherty are great signings and Reid, McCormack and Abbot have all made significant contributions so far this season.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]

Sounds like Matt Spring, who has said much the same publicly

Spring is a good call. When I asked Spring what he thought of Parkinson, he said ''no comment''. And he was still a Charlton player at the time, ferchrisakes...

Good managers win things. In eight years of management, the height of Parky's career to date is coming second in div three with Colchester (highly commendable on limited resources).

If he can take us up this May, I reckon two promotions in eight seasons certainly qualifies him as a good manager. If he takes us up as div three champions, topping his achievement with Colchester, I might even rate him a VERY good lower division manager.

One wonders if he ever regrets leaving Colchester. The acme of his career to date was getting them promoted. Then a month later, he walked out on them for Hull. They sacked him within six months and then he joined a Premiership team called Charlton as #2 to Pardew. Since then, as we know all too well, it has been downhill all the way.

Until this season, of course!
  • Options
    Why on earth is this thread still going?

Pathetic, absolutely pathetic.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Why on earth is this thread still going?

do you know what mate i agree and i dont like the fella,
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Even more pathetic that you've just kept it going that little bit longer, eh?

It came back to life with a link to some complimentary things Curbishley seems to have said about him, if you had bothered to read it.

I know you are probably getting a bit nervous an hour before kick off and all that. But chill out, dude!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: incorruptible addick[/cite]

It came back to life with a link to some complimentary things Curbishley seems to have said about him, if you had bothered to read it.

I know you are probably getting a bit nervous an hour before kick off and all that. But chill out, dude!

Bore off mate. It was at the top already.

And no, other than the first few posts I never bothered to read it. I can imagine there's plenty of egg on plenty of faces but it gives me no pleasure to point it out. The same people will be back again sounding off as soon as we lose a couple.
  • Options
    no i wont i will start a new one
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: incorruptible addick[/cite]

Bore off mate. It was at the top already.

And no, other than the first few posts I never bothered to read it. I can imagine there's plenty of egg on plenty of faces but it gives me no pleasure to point it out. The same people will be back again sounding off as soon as we lose a couple.

Why do you parade your ignorance so proudly?

You admit that you haven't even read the thread, but then denounce everybody who has contributed to it as ''absolutely pathetic''.

'' It was at the top already''? No it wasn't, until Chizz's links to Curbs words about Parkinson winning manager of the month this afternoon. That was the first post in the thread for three and a half weeks.

''Bore off, mate''? Well I'm happy to admit to being a bore. But please don't call me ''mate'', because I've never even met you.

Suggest you calm down a bit, stop calling everybody ''pathetic'' and settle down in front of the telly for the match!
  • Options
    Can't leave it alone can you, mate. (You see, I'm ignorant so can't help using the term "mate". Clearly I'm not in your intellectual league - but I bet I've got more friends and have had more fanny, MATE.)
    ;o)
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Take a happy pill and enjoy the match, friend.
  • Options
    Yes. Yes I do.
  • Options
    Well, according to Jacko just after the Luton match tonight, Parky earned his corn at halftime.

Certainly played his part in turning round that performance.
  • Options
    Wait... What?

They pay Parky in corn?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Well, according to Jacko just after the Luton match tonight, Parky earned his corn at halftime.

I'd prefer if he started to earn his corn before the game. We are such slow starters. Abbott played a big part in the second half improvement.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Well, according to Jacko just after the Luton match tonight, Parky earned his corn at halftime.

I'd prefer if he started to earn his corn before the game. We are such slow starters. Abbott played a big part in the second half improvement.

At least he is earning it during the game these days
  • Options
    'Does anyone actually believe that Parky is a good manager?' The question is phrased to lead peope towards a negative response. But yesI do!! 11 games unbeaten, squad totally overhauled, little money spent, wage bill unavoidably cut and yet quality players signed and goals all over the team. I really don't understand why so many people have doubts about him. I can only assume that because he was part of the set-up during Pardew's reign and was unable to pull us out of the relegation tailspin people had already made their minds and are reluctant to change their opinions. Play-offs last year and second in the table this. There's 23 other teams trying to win the division so we're not making a bad fist of it. What more can we expect of the bloke?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]

11 games unbeaten, second in the league and a big money game at Spurs...

STOP MOANING YOU UNGRATEFUL GIRL... ;)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Martomoto[/cite]'Does anyone actually believe that Parky is a good manager?' The question is phrased to lead peope towards a negative response. But yesI do!! 11 games unbeaten, squad totally overhauled, little money spent, wage bill unavoidably cut and yet quality players signed and goals all over the team. I really don't understand why so many people have doubts about him. I can only assume that because he was part of the set-up during Pardew's reign and was unable to pull us out of the relegation tailspin people had already made their minds and are reluctant to change their opinions. Play-offs last year and second in the table this. There's 23 other teams trying to win the division so we're not making a bad fist of it. What more can we expect of the bloke?
    Spot on!
  • Options
    Matomoto you need to read the title of this thread in the context of the tim it was put up and many of us who supported Parkie were losing faith, we'd lost to Brighton and won with a last minute goal having led 3-0 at Carlisle. In effect parkie has answered the question.

The emotive nature of the question has been addressed in the thread. Its probably time for a new thread to be started with a less emotive title and this one sunk
  • Options
    Despite the fact that I like a lot of the players he has bought in (he'd make a good cheif scout)
    Despite the fact that we're still in the cup against a Premiership giant
    Despite the fact we're second in the table and currently up for automatic promotion
    Despite the fact we're eleven unbeaten

I think he's a crap manager. We had appalling shape against Luton last night , we poor and only prevailed because a) Luton ran out of steam and b) moved their best player out to the left wing despite him being right footed.

Apart from a few good away wins we have been unimpressive despite winning, and I am reminded of the commentary about the U18 cup exit - "it wasn't long before Damian Matthews adjusted the shape of his side and moved Bradley Jordan inside " - Parky never makes tactical changes like this, only substitutions which are often like for like.
  • Options
    Parky is a good manager. He uses the resources available to him to achieve results that go our way. Curbishley also did this, and tbh watching Charlton in the premiership days was rarely a thrilling experience.
  • Options
    I'm not sure what more people expect from a manager.

I suppose the fact that we're only 2nd in the table yet not 10 points clear .........?
    Not winning 5-0 every single game, and have gone only 11 matches unbeaten.........?

Some players are clearly not World Class international standard........?
    Not consistantly playing Barcelona pedigree football ........?

.......... has some bearing on people's attitudes towards the man.
    Not forgetting, (I think it was Large who recently posted), Parky deliberately got Charlton relegated from the Championship.

Maybe Parky isn't a Wenger or Fergie, but he does work in a way very similar to Alan Curbishley.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]..... but he does work in a way very similar to Alan Curbishley.

Oggy, I am slowly coming round to that way of thinking ... let's wait until season end, but I'm beginning to enjoy his managership ... at last ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Not forgetting, (I think it was Large who recently posted), Parky deliberately got Charlton relegated from the Championship.

it is ridiculous to post that on it's own without the reasoned arguement I gave for saying it. Very naughty Oggy.