Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Crystal Palace new ground plans

http://www.cpfc.co.uk/page/Home

Comments

• Importantly, looks like Bromley Council are onside.
  • how much is the capacity?
  • says 40,000 but may begin at 25,000

may aswell be 10,000 and save a few quid
  • 40,000 which they've got no history of getting even in the Premier League
  • Of course this will all come to nothing if Spurs get the Stratford site, which I suspect is why Palace have come out now
  • They could call it the Echo stadium ........ In the words of the Great Michael Slater that is "pie in the sky"!
  • i think, if it goes through it would mean loss of the pool. one of the only 50m pools in south london.

not cool.
  • It also looks a lot like Brighton's new stadium
  • Plans all look good to be fair. But that's all they are.
  • [cite]Posted By: olster[/cite]i think, if it goes through it would mean loss of the pool. one of the only 50m pools in south london.

still got charlton lido.
  • Sponsored links:

• Apparently they asked the fans what they wanted, and got the usual response of no corporate bowl. What did they get? A bowl with GAC on the roof, magic!

A 25k ground with room to expand for 40k if we or Brighton buy it off of them seems sensible.
  • It will be 25k, with the ability to increase to 40k
  • I'd love a corporate bowl if I was them, beats the shathole they have now, history or no history!
  • how many times do new staduims actually expand its 25,000 and its going to stay that.
  • edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: olster[/cite]i think, if it goes through it would mean loss of the pool. one of the only 50m pools in south london.

not cool.
    The plans include a new indoor aquatic centre.
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]how many times do new staduims actually expand its 25,000 and its going to stay that.
    A few of the new ones have had an extra tier or corners filled in, nothing major. You don't know what the future will hold so it's worth saving money and doing the foundations just in case.
  • Can someone explain Greenwich Leisure's involvement?
  • lol you no that poxy club will have 25,000 full stop thats how they roll
  • edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Importantly, looks like Bromley Council are onside.

It'll give Henry somewhere to hold his Target 40,000 meetings.
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]lol you no that poxy club will have 25,000 full stop thats how they roll
    It'll never be built in the first place!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Can someone explain Greenwich Leisure's involvement?

They run the National Sport Centre, their not owned by Greenwich Council anymore though
  • nothing club.
  • Cant believe they will be allowed to build in the park like that. Crystal Palace park is actually quite nice.

Surely there is some derelict land out towards Purley etc where they could build something?
  • next to the ann summers distribution centre!
  • edited January 2011
    looks like it has all been thrown together in a rush, no real certainty about exactly what they intend to do, just a few soundbites. Would imagine that they want to go there, but the plans submitted look like a "placeholder" for an intention, nothing more than that for now. Makes perfect sense that they put the plans out there, but a long way to go before it becomes reality. The plan for who funds it, in the current economic climate should be interesting !
  • edited January 2011
    Palarse have a pot to piss in, so will ride Tottenham's back for funding.

Looks like it's a KSS design, same people who drew up WHL expansion plans.
  • [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Palarse have a pot to piss in, so will ride Tottenham's back for funding.

Looks like it's a KSS design, same people who drew up WHL regenrationplans.

Why would Tottenham help them? For the plans they mention on the website, they need Tottenham to lose the Stratford bid.
  • Looks very nice...

Can just imaging M*llwall running riot and ambushing Nigels in the park post match!
  • [cite]Posted By: YTS[/cite]
    Can just imaging M*llwall running riot and ambushing Nigels in the park post match!

They would have swam away via the indoor acquatic centre.....
  • [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: olster[/cite]i think, if it goes through it would mean loss of the pool. one of the only 50m pools in south london.

not cool.
    The plans include a new indoor aquatic centre.

haven't they already got an 'aquatic centre' under the holmesdale end?