Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rochdale 2-0 Charlton - Post Match Sorrows

WSSWSS
edited March 2011 in General Charlton

Comments

• @december the 5th

its similar to the run in the prem were we started well and then lost 8 in row or whatever it was.... and the same with pardews reign leading to parkys appalling run...

once your in it it is very dificult to get out...

3 points, summer spend then he has 2/3 months to show his vaue or he is out and the revoling door continues..

the world cup players are close to collecting their pension, the loans dont want to be here, most of the players dont want to be here, to get booed and sworn out at half time and full time every single week... haha f*ck that... the club is toxic at the moment.... and the manager that signed most of these is obviously no longer here.... it all depends on the spening in the summer... the danger is that powell is just genuinely rubbish.. and on the evidence he just isnt up to it...

none of this is acceptable.... but waht are you gonna do about it? got 5 mill to spend??? Or just continued abuse at the players as they dont meet your "acceptable" standard??
  • [cite]Posted By: boogica[/cite]at least we are consistent ,lets just hope the teams below us dont go on winning runs then we would be in the shite, we are on an awful run with an awful piss poor side.

The lower half of the table teams have still got to play each other in several fixtures, so they can't all get maximum points.
  • [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]@december the 5th

3 points, summer spend then he has 2/3 months to show his vaue or he is out and the revoling door continues..

the world cup players are close to collecting their pension, the loans dont want to be here, most of the players dont want to be here, to get booed and sworn out at half time and full time every single week... haha f*ck that... the club is toxic at the moment.... and the manager that signed most of these is obviously no longer here.... it all depends on the spening in the summer... the danger is that powell is just genuinely rubbish.. and on the evidence he just isnt up to it...

none of this is acceptable.... but waht are you gonna do about it? got 5 mill to spend??? Or just continued abuse at the players as they dont meet your "acceptable" standard??

I cant see Powell showing any value, all i can see is players comming in through the summer then all we will hear then is "we have to give Powell till xmas to let the team gel"
    We will then be screwed for the rest of the season as a new man will come in and will inherit Powell's players and the same cycle will happen again
  • [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]@december the 5th

its similar to the run in the prem were we started well and then lost 8 in row or whatever it was.... and the same with pardews reign leading to parkys appalling run...

once your in it it is very dificult to get out...

I never fort we would go up for one bit this season was hoping for the play off's that lottery

I know wait till the end of the season and see who we sign why would anyone want to sign for us when we have a manager who has put a team on a 11 match run without a win.
  • I'm just lost for words, I've got no idea what we can do to stop this run, I just feel so flat & deflated tonight - the cold hard facts are that we're not good enough, we can't defend and look like we will conceed at any moment.

Would a back 5 help ie Dailly, Doc & Llera with Solly and Bessone but then that weakens our already weak midfield, maybe Semedo needs a break & we should play Stewart with Parrett or Racon on Saturday?

Eccleston and BWP up top.

Sorry for the garbled nature of this post but I'm at a loss for the right words!
  • When you think you've turned it around after getting 2 draws you know you're in trouble. Is Powell really the long-term answer?
  • Dont be lost for words mate -- a few that can be used

Shit
    Crap
    Tosh
    Poor
    Toss
    Naff
    Guff

Longest season ever FACT

This "corner" we keep turning ? i wonder if it not actually a very very very long down ward curve , with a very large cliff at the end.
  • I am very despondent. Don't know what to think about our appalling run and who is to blame. Is it the players ? Manager ? I am very concerned that CP has not shown us anything better than we already had and that too was woeful. I imagine the board are also in turmoil. They can't replace him as two sackings in three months would be as laughable as our current form. They are putting on a brave face but I suspect just like the rest of us they are shocked rigid. We need a huge slice of luck right now. COYR
  • Eccleston and BWP up top.

+1

Lost for words.

We need a bit of (and i say this knowing that im comparing this to the rest of L1) talent up front.

Midfield. God knows.

Defence. Words fail me.

This squad is frankly, not this shite. The players on individual ability should not be here.

WTF is wrong? All they need to do is play an organised 4 4 2 and we will draw a few.

?!?!!!**!%@@!!!

Thats the sound of exasperation.
  • Reading CP's post match comments - it's just cliche after cliche and unfortunately it smacks of CP not knowing what to do next.
  • Sponsored links:

• "This "corner" we keep turning ? i wonder if it not actually a very very very long down ward curve , with a very large cliff at the end."

its not a corner its more like a f**king roundabout
  • Not good enough for this division. Tragic.
  • RobRob
    edited March 2011
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]I am very despondent. Don't know what to think about our appalling run and who is to blame. Is it the players ? Manager ? I am very concerned that CP has not shown us anything better than we already had and that too was woeful. I imagine the board are also in turmoil. They can't replace him as two sackings in three months would be as laughable as our current form. They are putting on a brave face but I suspect just like the rest of us they are shocked rigid. We need a huge slice of luck right now. COYR

Agree with this. Frankly, I don't think CP is up to it and is out of his depth. It will be interesting to see what the Board will do because surely they can see that.
  • Just home from Spotland

We were beaten by a better team, their goalie made some great saves, they played to feet and their 2 CDs mobbed up anything in the air and then passed the ball to their own players. As for us Elliot flapped, Llera headed it anywhere, WP sort of ran about, Racon was anonymous, Waggy and Solly combined well, Parrett put in some great tackles and made some good attacking runs but when ever we had a shot on goal there was their goalie. It was just one of those games where we were never going to score, but Rochdale were the better team and deserved their win. Oh yes and Eccleston showboated but produced nothing in his cameo appearance. The only good sub was Benson who improved our attack.
  • Can't see anyone giving CP money to spend in the summer. Wheres the evidence that he has any idea how to manage a team? Too soon for him, clearly. MS and co might as well wait till end of season, whilst in the background I'd be surprised if they aren't making plans for his replacement. Any bets on Wise?
  • Good news is I go on holiday on Saturday for a week

I've voiced my opinions enough on the current shower we have playing for us
  • [cite]Posted By: lancashire lad[/cite]Just home from Spotland

We were beaten by a better team, their goalie made some great saves, they played to feet and their 2 CDs mobbed up anything in the air and then passed the ball to their own players. As for us Elliot flapped, Llera headed it anywhere, WP sort of ran about, Racon was anonymous, Waggy and Solly combined well, Parrett put in some great tackles and made some good attacking runs but when ever we had a shot on goal there was their goalie. It was just one of those games where we were never going to score, but Rochdale were the better team and deserved their win. Oh yes and Eccleston showboated but produced nothing in his cameo appearance. The only good sub was Benson who improved our attack.

What did Stewart look like Lanc's ?
  • Stewart similar build to Parrett and for the few minutes he was on the pitch he showed that he could pass to someone else in a red shirt
  • I think anyone who has been to every game this season should get a free st. I think today I lost hope and am now just laughing at us. It's funny isn't it? Or is it laugh or cry.
  • Sponsored links:

• Lancs, stats seemed to show 2nd half until goal we put them under pressure. How? Did we push into their half? Did Benno hold it up? What changed? What went wrong?
  • [cite]Posted By: lancashire lad[/cite]Just home from Spotland

Thanks Lancs. It did sound like we put in a decent shift but their GK had a good game. Difficult to see the woods for the trees at the moment, but tonight didnt sound like a lack of effort - still think our biggest problem is the heart of the defence & the keeper's inconsistency.
  • BWP & Eccleston up top doesn't work.
  • [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]I think anyone who has been to every game this season should get a free st. I think today I lost hope and am now just laughing at us. It's funny isn't it? Or is it laugh or cry.

I started to find it funny when we couldn't beat Tranmere and we were told that we'd stopped the rot. It was clear that we had rot growing everywhere. I was confident that we would go on to lose the next two games that would have been unthinkable before Christmas.

I was staggered and pleased by the result and performance against Southampton, but I didn't expect us to play like that again in a hurry, and from what I've heard of the last two games, we didn't.

I think we will slide down the table, but I suspect we already have enough points to stay up, but it could be interesting at Walsall at the end of April.

We just need one more win. Pure luck and happenstance should make that happen.
  • I don't think we will go down barring an astonishing run from the bottom half dozen

All performances point to the worst league position since I don't know when though.

I hope Chris Powell and the gang with the money know what they are doing in the summer

Phil Parkinson must be laughing his bollocks off
  • Anything below 14th will mean our worst season since before the war. 1925/6 in fact.
  • edited March 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I don't think we will go down barring an astonishing run from the bottom half dozen

All performances point to the worst league position since I don't know when though.

I hope Chris Powell and the gang with the money know what they are doing in the summer

Phil Parkinson must be laughing his bollocks off

one win should see us safe.
  • Six years ago Rochdale had a Big Day Out at The Valley in the FA Cup.

How the mighty are fallen.
  • I think you'd need a run of results like when Blackpool went down in 78. They finished their fixtures and were virtually mid-table then everyone below them (including us at Orient) contrived a set of results to send them down.

Something like that you'd like to think is highly unlikely, but what we don't need is another 4 or 5 defeats and then go into the last weeks of the season with even a mathematical chance of it happening. I thought a couple of weeks back that by the law of averages we'd scrape our way to 52/53 points in good time, and while I still believe that I wouldn't want to put money on where the points are coming from.
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Six years ago Rochdale had a Big Day Out at The Valley in the FA Cup.

How the mighty are fallen.

And Dag & Red a few years before, and Yeovil and this weeks guests - the mighty Leyton Orient!