Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Do You Know Sarf London ?

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]They were the other side of the main road at the bottom of Victoria Way so close but not the firm i was after which actually was in Victoria Way

Bonds Printers?

Not the one I'm thinking of although could have been there.
  • Options
    Curb It he should be doing both jobs hun ! Then you good put your fet up kick back be even more a lady of leasure !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]No, the Plough was still there last time I looked - although I think it's name has changed a dozen or so times.

I'm talking about the little boozer on the actual road up to the station where the DLR is now.

I would have known 30 years ago but struggling to remember now!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Tavern worked at Thorn which were on victoria way?

Thinking about it there were a few firms in Victoria Way. The one I'm thinking of was at the very bottom just before the main road.
  • Options
    1)What was the big factory in lower deptford ? if your a smoker you might get this one.

2) Or the Theatre in Deptford ?

3) Name ofthe Pie and mash shop that used to be near the Cutty Sark , Greenwich.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]No, the Plough was still there last time I looked - although I think it's name has changed a dozen or so times.

I'm talking about the little boozer on the actual road up to the station where the DLR is now.

I'm struggling myself Len, but am sure it had "Kent" in the name and "Mid Kent Tavern" is what is in my mind. Does that ring any bells? Tiny little place, all run down and smelling of pee!
  • Options
    2) New Cross Empire?

3) Do you mean apart from Goddards?
  • Options
    1) Mollins

The firm by the railyway bridge on Victoria Way was Delta Cables(used to be called Johnson & Phillips).
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    1 What used to be where 'KFC' in Eltham High St is now?

2 What used to be where 'Next' in Eltham High St is now?

3 What was the original name of the big department store (Now Closed) in Eltham High Street?

4 What was the original name of the big department store (Now Closed) in Woolwich?

5 What was the original name of the big department store (Now Closed) in Lewisham?
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited January 2008
    3. Probably way after my time but i only remember Allders...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    4. Cuffs?
  • Options
    Not Allders
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley_McMoist[/cite]1 What used to be where 'KFC' in Eltham High St is now?

2 What used to be where 'Next' in Eltham High St is now?

3 What was the original name of the big department store (Now Closed) in Eltham High Street?

4 What was the original name of the big department store (Now Closed) in Woolwich?

3> alders? at xmas they used to have the big bears on the side of the building!
  • Options
    co-op, that closed last year :-)
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Not the Co-op. It was something before it became Alders
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]4. Cuffs?

Correct
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Delta cables used to be in Victoria Way.
    I believe Stones foundries are still in Charlton,be it a shadow of what they used to be.
    The props for the Queen Mary were made there.
    3 Cuffs
    4 Hinz?
    2 Castle pub?
    1 never been anywhere near a KFC. Vile "food"
  • Options
    Pie and eel shop was Manzies...another in Woolwich. Cuffs in Woolwich.....took myself off there in 1963 to see Santa as my Gran wouldnt take me.....caused a bit of a stir that seeing as I was only 3 and walked there from the Milne Estate
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]1) Mollins

The firm by the railyway bridge on Victoria Way was Delta Cables(used to be called Johnson & Phillips).

Yep, Johson and Plillips was the one I was after.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pettswoodaddick[/cite]Delta cables used to be in Victoria Way.
    I believe Stones foundries are still in Charlton,be it a shadow of what they used to be.

3 Cuffs
    4 Hinz?
    2 Castle pub?
    1 never been anywhere near a KFC. Vile "food"

You've got 3 and 4 round the wrong way. The KFC was the Castle. Just No 2 to get
  • Options
    I've been drinking
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]

I'm struggling myself Len, but am sure it had "Kent" in the name and "Mid Kent Tavern" is what is in my mind. Does that ring any bells? Tiny little place, all run down and smelling of pee!

I think Mid Kent Tavern is right. I don't ever remember going in there though!

The Roebuck and The Whie Horse tended to be my locals when i lived there.
  • Options
    mollins the ciggy machine maker was the firm in deptford

The Albany is the Theatre in deptford

Goddards was the Pie and mash near the Cutty Sark.

The big shop in Lewisham was Cheesmans.
  • Options
    and what about the firm at the bottom of victoria way was the b-mob or the palace boys getting as close to charlton as they have ever been.
  • Options
    5 i thought it was Army and Navy in Lewisham
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]5 i thought it was Army and Navy in Lewisham

Before that it was Cheesmans
  • Options
    Showing me age now !!!! but who remembers the AIRFIX factory
  • Options
    BDLBDL
    edited January 2008
    2) What once stood on the site of Macros at Charlton ? - Charlton Dog Track

3) Name the two Eltham railway stations. Well Hall and Eltham Park

4) Name the 3 hospitals that used to be down the length of Shootershill. Memorial, Royal Herbert and the Brook

Let's see if anyone is smart -
    Where is the top of Shooters Hill?

What used to be kept on the site of the site of the old Unison offices at the top of Grand Depot Road in Woolwich?

What did Plumstead Manor School used to be called? (Slag Manor is not acceptable!!)

What was the name of the pub opposite the Antigallican that was pulled own to make way for the dual carriageway?

What used to be behind Kidbrooke Library?
    [cite]Posted By: Luva Luva[/cite]Showing me age now !!!! but who remembers the AIRFIX factory

OH YES - used to bunk over their wall at weekends and rummage through all the "off" cuts - used to get loads of stuff!!
  • Options
    I do Geyser, what about Stones playing fields on the lower rd? anyone. the motorbike place, was it spray street?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Luva Luva[/cite]Showing me age now !!!! but who remembers the AIRFIX factory[/quote]

showing your age!!!! your first job was making ammunition at Woolwich Arsenal ;)
  • Options
    What was the name of the pub opposite the Antigallican that was pulled own to make way for the dual carriageway?

The Waterman Arms