Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Do You Know Sarf London ?

123457»

Comments

• Options
    What used to be at the bottom of Kings Highway where Wickes is ?
  • Options

What used to be at the bottom of Kings Highway where Wickes is ?

Plumstead bus garage
  • Options
    Years ago a mate who was a bus driver at that garage forgot to apply the handbrake on the 122 he was just about to take on route he run in the garage office and the bus rolled out of the depot without him across Wickham Lane and crashed into the shop on the corner, luckily it was early morning and no traffic about.
  • Options
    How many pubs did Eltham High Street have at the begining of 1970.
    Just something i was thinking about today.Got a picture in my mind of afew pubs but have i made them up.
    Walking from Southend Cresent down to Eltham Church on Fire Station side can see a pub but no name then the Green Man,The Castle,Eltham Park Taven ,The Greyhound. Just around the corner another pub no name.
    Walking back up from Burtons can see another pub before getting to Rising Sun then another pub just up from that.
    Someone please help.
  • Options
    Man of Kent
  • Options
    Man of Kent was that the pub before the Green Man.
  • Options

Man of Kent was that the pub before the Green Man.

I don't think so.
    But I'm sure someone can tell us
  • Options

How many pubs did Eltham High Street have at the begining of 1970.
    Just something i was thinking about today.Got a picture in my mind of afew pubs but have i made them up.
    Walking from Southend Cresent down to Eltham Church on Fire Station side can see a pub but no name then the Green Man,The Castle,Eltham Park Taven ,The Greyhound. Just around the corner another pub no name.
    Walking back up from Burtons can see another pub before getting to Rising Sun then another pub just up from that.
    Someone please help.

Was born in 70 so not sure if these are relevant but you haven't mentioned the carpenters arms or the crown.
    Kings arms was also high street as was chequers and white hart but some people don't consider past the church as high street.
  • Options
    Man of Kent
    Rising Sun
    Carpenters Arms
    The Castle
    Park Tavern
    The Greyhound
    The Crown
    The Kings Arms
    The Chequers
    The White Hart

No Green Man in Eltham and The Rising Sun the only one on the north side of the High St.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Man of Kent
    Rising Sun
    Carpenters Arms
    The Castle
    Park Tavern
    The Greyhound
    The Crown
    The Kings Arms
    The Chequers
    The White Hart

No Green Man in Eltham and The Rising Sun the only one on the north side of the High St.

Park Tavern not on high street

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Riviera said:

Man of Kent
    Rising Sun
    Carpenters Arms
    The Castle
    Park Tavern
    The Greyhound
    The Crown
    The Kings Arms
    The Chequers
    The White Hart

Park Tavern not on high street

Nor is/was the Crown. @Lewis Coaches mentioned the Park Tavern though
  • Options
    Does anyone know who owend,or run the Antigallican pub in the 1920s as my mum used to play with their children.The son had a train set in one of the upstairs rooms.Also my Grandfather was a barman there and was where he met my granmother.
  • Options
    Derek1952 said:

Does anyone know who owend,or run the Antigallican pub in the 1920s as my mum used to play with their children.The son had a train set in one of the upstairs rooms.Also my Grandfather was a barman there and was where he met my granmother.

https://pubshistory.com/KentPubs/Charlton/AntigallicanArms.shtml