Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackpool-Charlton: Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Listen to this peeps just spoke to Ketman he is usually extremely optimistic,we his summing up was you cant point the finger at one player,however we weren't good enough and he CANT see us makin the play off's.Peeps if Ket's is sayin that it must be desperate.If we dont make the play off's is it a disgrace? I think it is.
  • Options
    at least the kids will have chance to come through if we dont go up
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]we need to wait give the guy at least 2 seasons we had to sell most of the team that was relegated it takes time to build a team and that is what people dont get these days time

Sold most of the team due to muppets on the Charlton board keen on selling the family silver.
  • Options
    tell me what foundations are being laid though
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]

Exactly. We are laying the foundations now. Some people seem to think that we have a right to go up.

For a club that was supposed to an "established Premiership club" I think this right is justified.
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Myself, I'm going for a few beers, a meal with the wife, see what MOTD have to say about Eduardos injury tonight, and begin to look towards the next match. Blackpool was REALLY dissapointing but it's over. Move on
  • Options
    im with wrighty lets not dwell there are now 12 games left and then we will know one way or the other

730 ant and dec
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlie Block[/cite]

Sold most of the team due to muppets on the Charlton board keen on selling the family silver.
    Do shut up, there's a good chap. With the posts I've read from you on here today, you could write what you know about football in general, and Charlton in particular, on the back of a postage stamp with a magic marker.
  • Options
    Agreed, let's all go out and have a beer.

No point bickering any more.
  • Options
    yes agreed were shit and getting shitter!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So all of a sudden some are saying it will take Pardew 2 years but then they say we will have all the youngsters coming through next year!!! Why do you automatically think they will all make it at the higher level.

Pardew gets 2 years to achieve nothing yet the kids are expected to come through within 12 months!!!

We are where we are because Murray gave Dowie £11.2 mill it's as simple as that, he fucked up and has been back tracking ever since.

Andy Reid going was the straw that broke the camels back, not so much in the fact that he is gone but it has taken away something big from ZZ'S game and we do not have a creative player anymore.

How can the likes of Blackpool get in a player like Dickov who by the way I cannot stand, and he comes in and scores 5 in 6 and we pay £1.5m for Gray and we are still waiting?

I said on my site that Dickov is the kiind of player we should look at, a little pain in the arse who can turn his marker and get amongst defenders and find the net, something we have not had since Mendonca, I got laughed at but who's laughing now nobody?

Pardew seems to have a mentality that he signs players that will make other clubs take notice, headline news players rather than what they can bring to the side.

QPR and Ipswich will have money next season as will the 3 relegated clubs we will be playing catch up and not at the front of the queue when it comes to attracting players.

The board are too soft in the transfer market I think as well we sold Bent for £16 million, but never mind the instalment set up why not look after number 1 and insist on it all being paid up front? I'll tell you why because we are desperate to sell and whatever terms.
  • Options
    still reckon gray will come good reams.
  • Options
    a bunch a gutless tossers
  • Options
    WHat do you want to do reams explain we have no money but you want us to do what exactly

how about this

we all get behind the team and push forward together if you could bring yourself to a youth cup game you will see that Shelvey alone would make us stronger,

along with aerter and wagstaff, wright with zz our midfield would be the nuts so yes i do think we will get to a higher level
  • Options
    and we did get the money upfront we sold the debt and got 11.5 million after we payed ipswich their cut and the loan people their money
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]

Do shut up, there's a good chap.

Why should I? I am a Charlton supporter and a season ticket holder, there is such a thing as freedom of speech and I have a huge grumble about the how the club appears to be going downhill fast.
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]

Do shut up, there's a good chap.

Why should I? I am a Charlton supporter and a season ticket holder, there is such a thing as freedom of speech and I have a huge grumble about the how the club appears to be going downhill fast.
  • Options
    down hill fast in the playoffs and in with a shout but that dont matter
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]down hill fast in the playoffs and in with a shout but that dont matter

that may be the case at the moment - but on the evidence of us getting thrashed by Blackpool I cannot seeing that being the situation for much longer. I just hope I be proved wrong.
  • Options
    if we do go up and i agree that is an if what will it take for you lot to change your minds
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    automatic promotion was expected,playoff win will be accepted
  • Options
    failure to make the play off's wont be accepted
  • Options
    without saying
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]automatic promotion was expected,playoff win will be accepted

I seem to recall someone say the mindset determines the outcome. Today's result and two home defeats to clubs at the bottom of the table makes me slightly wonder if the club has a mindset of relegation. What is also a bit worrying is an apparent mindset of the play-offs being considered a lottery rather than a football competition (where a major factor in its outcome being football skill) that is out there to be won.
  • Options
    what if we make the playoffs win it then get to an fa cup final and finish 8th in the league would then some perhaps change their mind
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Reamsofverse[/cite]
    We are where we are because Murray gave Dowie £11.2 mill it's as simple as that, he fucked up and has been back tracking ever since.

But it was Murray and his muppets that got the useless Dowie on the payroll in the first place.
  • Options
    murray is not a muppet but you my friend are coming across as one murray has made one mistake in how many years some times you lot amaze me
  • Options
    i just think with everything that has happened in past 20 months we have never really taken stock of the situation.I do think that if we dont do up this year we need to spend some proper time assessing the situation.The relegation meant we had to spend the entire summer reducing the wage bill and debts not giving us time to plan properly.This summer is crucial to the way the club progresses over coming years.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]murray is not a muppet but you my friend are coming across as one murray has made one mistake in how many years some times you lot amaze me

Ignore that twat nla - he's a prize c***
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]what if we make the playoffs win it then get to an fa cup final and finish 8th in the league would then some perhaps change their mind

flying_pigs.jpg

Hold on - we are playing the pigs next week ....