Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I'm all Charlton-ed out ! Lets talk biscuits

Comments

• Options
    "Actually, as the board's token lawyer, I can tell you (for free) that you've got a trade mark on it if anything, with perhaps a bit of copyright thrown in. Unless you've invented a machine which dunks biscuits in tea without letting them break off which is also called "King of Biscuits", then you haven't got a patent.

And if you now choose to invent such a machine and patent it, I'll sue you... "

Lawyers dont give chuff all for free so you can't be a lawyer. Where's my million?
  • Options
    I like custard creams and I like to dunk them. I know it's common but I like to keep it real.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]but I like to keep it real.

LOL! Some how you "keeping it real" brings about images of Jim's Dad from American Pie
  • Options
    my favourite are fox's creams (or any by fox's)

my least favourite, the jordan's crumble.
    a distinctly cheap orange biscuit dressed up in ludicrously expensive packaging, and each time attempting to digest the thing, it leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

oh. i declared this a sj free site this morning.
  • Options
    Favourite everyday biscuits are bourbons. For an extra special treat it's M&S plain chocolate coated ginger biscuits - they're evilly addictive.
  • Options

Bit of old thread revival to keep away WSS and his "New Thread Police". The King of Biscuits has been hot topic at work this week. I'm adamently behind the Choco Leibniz wearing the crown and will not be swayed. There are a couple of crazy fools mentioning Hob Nobs but they haven't got a clue about these important matters.

*Also worth noting that AFKA has been a miserable fecker since November 2006!

• Options
    Five years on and I can't even remember what a Viennese whirl is !

Nice reminder though of the times when not every thread on here turned into an argument
  • Options
    Five years on and I can't even remember what a Viennese whirl is ! Nice reminder though of the times when not every thread on here turned into an argument
    Shut up
  • Options
    Five years on and I can't even remember what a Viennese whirl is ! Nice reminder though of the times when not every thread on here turned into an argument
    Shut up
    Who are you to tell people to shut up?  Free speech is dead.
  • Options
    He should be taken out and shot.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If I get 23,000 complaints about it I'll know I've truly made it :-)
  • Options
    I'm getting Old Bill on the lot of yaa
  • Options
    edited December 2011

What is @BDL fav though?

• Options
    Chocolate Digestives for me. Not into dunking these though. The chocolate goes all squishy.
  • Options
    Never really liked biscuits but if I had to it would be a ginger nut.
  • Options
    Fox's Golden Crunch for me.
  • Options
    Where does CL stand on the Fig Roll?

Not had one for decades but remember them fondly.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Big fan of the Fig Roll Henry, not had one for ages either. Think I might treat myself this weekend if I can find some.
  • Options
    What's 'Montly' ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I love the way Charlton Life were well aware of Sergio Biscuits before he broke into the  Barca team
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sainsbury's Taste The Difference chocolate cookies are simply delicious. They're big buggers but I can easily demolish a four pack with one cup of tea.
  • Options
    Sainsbury's Taste The Difference chocolate cookies are simply delicious. They're big buggers but I can easily demolish a four pack with one cup of tea.
    Cookies should only be dunked in cold milk. It is the law.
  • Options
    Tunnock's Caramel Wafers are superb.  I'm also partial to the occasional Oreo.
  • Options
    Custard creams are hard too beat!
  • Options
    Just had a nice jog in Danson Park, it's Friday, I've had a half decent week, so.................hot mince pie and a cuppa for me.
  • Options
    Very nice but not a biscuit. Someone at work said what about  Jaffa Cakes being biscuits or cakes debate (didnt know there was one). I replied the clue is in their name.
  • Options
    Have to give a shout out to the divine taste of an Oreo or three. Ebony and ivory all the way.
  • Options
    Very nice but not a biscuit. Someone at work said what about  Jaffa Cakes being biscuits or cakes debate (didnt know there was one). I replied the clue is in their name.
    I seem to recall that McVities decided to call them cakes to get around some sort of tax thing but they are actually considered to be biscuits.

On the other hand, I also recall that biscuits go soggy when they are left out for too long whereas cakes go dry and I can confirm that on one sad occasion a Jaffa Cake was found in the house in a dessicated state.
  • Options
    Oh, I wonder why Tunnock's put "Caramel Wafer Biscuit" on the wrapper then?  The Jafa Cakes thing was a court case with HMRC about whether they attracted VAT.  Our mighty Customs had designated them as biscuits. McVities won as the Court ruled they were cakes so they are sold without VAT.  There's VAT on biscuits.