Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Henry Cooper a Charlton fan !

Comments

• Options
    might ring him tonight as it's my last night work

suze I'm going to glasto by the way
  • Options
    I saw Norman Pace when I was privileged to sit in the posh seats on a few occasions. (West Stand)

Matthew Walker the Kent cricketer is a Charlton fan and another Kent cricketer, Joe Denly, had trials at The Valley and could also be a fan.

The late "Buster" Edwards if the film Buster is to be believed!
  • Options
    yes saw Pace outside the RO a few times
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]might ring him tonight as it's my last night work

suze I'm going to glasto by the way

JK doesn't do friday's. its Jon's only day/night off a week!

No way!
  • Options
    The bloke from MTV........going out with blonde sort from the Sugarbabes, was on all star Mr & Mrs last week, question to her for him

If he had a choice of either Charlton winning the premier league or Sugerbabes winning a grammie which would it be, she answered Charlton

He answered without hearing the second option,
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Joe Denly

that boy is quality

[cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]The bloke from MTV........going out with blonde sort from the Sugarbabes, was on all star Mr & Mrs last week, question to her for him

dave berry (mentioned above) - he still lives on the manor, regularly drinks in the pubs there and goes to games... and she is stunning looking
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    He's just moved actually , not sure where but I know she had a place kensington way.

Last time I saw him he said he don't get to the match as often as he'd like but does try to go
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Steve Davis - bumped into him when he was out up in Sheffield for the Crucible last month (Though he is now more an O's fan given he is on their board he has been a charlton fan all his life)

John Motson (though also a Tottenham and Ipswich fan and all round senile berk)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Steve Davis - bumped into him when he was out up in Sheffield for the Crucible last month (Though he is now more an O's fan given he is on their board)

John Motson (though also a Tottenham and Ipswich fan and all round senile berk)

Motson is a Chelsea fan , first match he went to was at the valley
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    really buckshee? fudged that one up then... maybe the first game at the valley thing stuck in my head?

EDIT - according to Wiki (not reliable at all but...) - "Although suspected by some of supporting Charlton Athletic, Ipswich Town, Derby County (often seen at matches with his son) or Manchester United, he is in fact a self confessed Barnet F.C. supporter"

Ipswich makes sense as he's from Bury St Edmunds... but can we disown him for his sh*t commentary do you reckon?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]He's just moved actually

missed the boat again ;-)
  • Options
    Kelvin Mackenzie, very good columist, and is often see on tv, was strongly urged to stand for mayor
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]Kelvin Mackenzie, very good columist, and is often see on tv, was strongly urged to stand for mayor

done a couple of lovely editorials this year - one ripping it out of the Orange one and the other absolutely abhorring the Sydenham incident
  • Options
    Dave Berry used to work in Bullfrogs in Greenwich and wasn't a fan then....
  • Options
    boxing at eltham hes old club,my trainer richie atkins told me he used to go charlton regularly,i think are celebrity fans are pretty good compared to the church fete fans,who have jo brand and other even stranger geeks,in downham and bellingham estates it was unheard of to follow crystal palace,my dad said he never met a palace fan till the groundshare,nor did i .
  • Options
    ronnie biggs is a charlton fan ,doubt the others were.
  • Options
    Our 'Enry was out of the Bellingham Estate. My Aunt was in his class at school - and his twin brother.

Every so often - usually around Christmas when she's had a sherry - she'll come out with a story that starts something like "Those Cooper twins were right sods .... etc, etc"

I never knew he was Charlton though - had always assumed he was Wall for some reason.

Good ol' 'Enry - splashitallover!!!!
  • Options
    Good on ya Enry

Saw him down London Golf Club a couple of years ago now.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]Kelvin Mackenzie, very good columist, and is often see on tv, was strongly urged to stand for mayor

Kelvin Mackenzie is a bandwagon jumper. In the 1980's he was a self-professed Millwall fan and there are many references to this in the several books written about his editorship of The Sun. There are also direct quotes in there from him about supporting the Spanners.

Similarly, I don't remember hearing a peep from Garry Bushell about the might Addicks throughout the 80's and 90's but as soon as we hit the glory years.....

I am not a fan of Jim Davidson but to be fair the bloke is a genuine Charlton fan, he used to mention us all the time in the 80's when we were shite.
  • Options
    Bushell has been around for yonks, well before the glory years .When he used to write for one of the music papers he often mentioned CAFC.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Bushell has been around for yonks, well before the glory years .When he used to write for one of the music papers he often mentioned CAFC.

Okey dokey, point taken.
  • Options
    The band Athlete led by Joel Pott is said to be named after the club. All Addicks apparently.

Just found this:
    http://www.allgigs.co.uk/view/review/2795/Athlete_Boy_Kill_Boy_Parr_Hall_January_2008_Live_Review.html
  • Options
    athelte,is there a more boring group??
  • Options
    Jim Davidson used to take the piss out of Charlton something chronic in his "act".

I remember him doing a half time draw not long after we got back to the Valley and saying "it's good to be back" over the micophone.

At which point a fella I was with leapt up and shouted, "where the fcuk have you been then?"

Says it all really.
  • Options
    3 drummers amazing that
  • Options
    Someone on here said Mika was one of us - did we ever confirm that?
  • Options
    he was at the colchester match at home
  • Options
    So on the basis of that performance, probably not anymore then!
  • Options
    I've met Henry and George on a few occasions when I was young. They used to work for my grandad as plasters.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]I've met Henry and George on a few occasions when I was young. They used to work for my grandad as plasters.

Elastoplasters, VM? :-)