Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Henry Cooper a Charlton fan !

Comments

• Options
    Bushel used to sit in the East stand when we were in the prem but I haven't seen him about for sometime. Jim Davidson also had a box in the east stand. Again, didn't see him this last season.

The Honey Monster sits in the east stand!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Bushell has been around for yonks, well before the glory years .When he used to write for one of the music papers he often mentioned CAFC.

He used to write for Sounds. He used to live on the Coldharbour Estate in Eltham. Knew him a little then and remember bumping him into him a concert the evening after we beat West Ham at the Valley in 1981? I was saying to him what a great win but he was a bit sheepish which is when I realised that he was with all his Cockney Rejects mates. Quick "OK see you later Gaz".

Bushell was also in a band called the Gonads who did some Charlton songs. Not a great band but some of you will know Paul Gonad, the drummer, who still goes to games.
  • Options
    Jim davidson now lives in Dubai as a tax exile. Have seen him once in the RO he is much shorter than i thought he would be or it might have been the very tall blonde bird he was with that made him look like that.

I tried to contact Bushall re the March For England thing. His old web address seems defunct. He now no longer writes for a paper not sure what he is up to.

saw Gonad in Con club last season he was with Rock Spectacle.
  • Options
    Had the pleasure of meeting Henry on quite a few occasions over the years, also got to know his son, Henry Junior.....lovely blokes the pair of them. George used to live at Farningham, but not seen him for a few years now. I used to own a property overlooking the London and even bumped into Henry whilst taking the dog for a walk across the public footpath there. I miss the view of the golfcourse....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]Bushel used to sit in the East stand when we were in the prem but I haven't seen him about for sometime. Jim Davidson also had a box in the east stand. Again, didn't see him this last season.

The Honey Monster sits in the east stand!

Davidson was in the Wetherspoons with a load of us at Watford in the Prem game last March, and he got a round in, not for my gorup though.
  • Options
    Anthony LaPaglia - Aussie actor who plays FBI Agent Jack Malone in Without A Trace.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite].

saw Gonad in Con club last season he was with Rock Spectacle.

Think he drinks in there all the time. Saw him on the train going to Scunny.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]Anthony LaPaglia - Aussie actor who plays FBI Agent Jack Malone in Without A Trace.

No! Really???
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]Anthony LaPaglia - Aussie actor who plays FBI Agent Jack Malone in Without A Trace.

No! Really???

Yeh, I've heard that also.
  • Options
    Yep - Dad was from SE London and emmigrated to Oz

He played professionally in Oz for a few years but then realised he wasnt good enough for the European leagues and that he'd earn more acting.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just found a 2005 interview with him on Fifa.com. Says his parents were Dutch and Sicilian, so not sure where SE London comes into it. However:

LaPaglia's interest in football does not begin and end with Sydney FC. He will be rooting for Australia at the FIFA World Cup in Germany next year and even admits to a soft spot for Charlton Athletic.

"If you go to the Valley, it's a nice stadium - just the right size," he says. "(Alan) Curbishley's done a great job with no money. He makes smart signings, the team plays good football and usually ends up mid table. I admire teams like that where it's much tougher to make it work."

Is he Ooh Aah Mortimer's long lost twin brother???
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Hmmmm - Someone has been telling me porkies in that case

Cant be otherwise he'd be moaning about the away attendances ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]Hmmmm - Someone has been telling me porkies in that case

Cant be otherwise he'd be moaning about the away attendances ;-)

Give him time ;-)
  • Options
    What about Frank Carson? He was quite a regular when we first moved back to the Valley.

Also ex-Surrey and Sussex batsman Dave Smith
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bangkokaddick[/cite]What about Frank Carson? He was quite a regular when we first moved back to the Valley.

I read the same about Carson, lives up north though doesn't he?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Bushell has been around for yonks, well before the glory years .When he used to write for one of the music papers he often mentioned CAFC.

He used to write for Sounds. He used to live on the Coldharbour Estate in Eltham. Knew him a little then and remember bumping him into him a concert the evening after we beat West Ham at the Valley in 1981? I was saying to him what a great win but he was a bit sheepish which is when I realised that he was with all his Cockney Rejects mates. Quick "OK see you later Gaz".

Bushell was also in a band called the Gonads who did some Charlton songs. Not a great band but some of you will know Paul Gonad, the drummer, who still goes to games.

Paul Gonad - was he the carpet layer fella who had the row with Charlton way back in early 90's over a dented van?
    If so, he drinks in the Cons matchdays
  • Options
    Used to drive a red van.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Used to drive a red van.

Short fella, Paul the punk, has an Asian G/F??
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bangkokaddick[/cite]What about Frank Carson? He was quite a regular when we first moved back to the Valley.

Frank Carson is a mate of Steve Sutherland, met him a few times when we were sharing with Palarse.
  • Options
    Carson is also a member of The Royal Blackheath Golf Club and also was seen often at the golf club on shootershill.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]

Frank Carson is a mate of Steve Sutherland, met him a few times when we were sharing with Palarse.

Rubbish......Sutherland doesn't have any friends
  • Options
    Ohhh - bitchy...
  • Options
    LOL. I actually like Steve, not seen or spoken to him for years though.

Didn't he go off and work for the league before coming back to Charlton??
  • Options
    Yes, and then Swindon for a short while. Had a chat with him on Karl Howman's phone (clang) when Karl popped in to watch the Watford game in Floyd's earlier in the year. Still the same old Steve.
  • Options
    Had a few beers with him in the old Valley club after the clean up campaign that dank cold Sunday 89/90
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]LOL. I actually like Steve, not seen or spoken to him for years though.

Didn't he go off and work for the league before coming back to Charlton??

I have a feeling he worked for a bank came to Charlton for a season in the Selhurst years then went on to work for the League. True Charlton fan though.
  • Options
    Steve worked for Charlton for quite a few years before working for the football league.
  • Options
    Steve is a nice bloke....always found him to be accommodating and helpful
  • Options
    Davidson a tax exile? A proper patriot then! LOL!

I can't believe we didn't know that Our 'Enry was an addick! Who else can claim one of their own decked Muhammad Ali? No one. We win!
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Talking of famous Charlton fans - was watching a recent ITV Tonight program about food sell by dates & Jonathan Maitland was shown at home, drinking from his Charlton Athletic mug.

Recognise him?

Confirmation!