Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• People who cannot accept other peoples viewpoints on politics.
  • Mundane tossers who dont like velcro fastenings on the middle aged comunity,who probably used to lace thair boots up at place's like Libya, Korea,Falklands,and the like, but just now want a slightley easier life
  • fenny said:

Mundane tossers who dont like velcro fastenings on the middle aged comunity,who probably used to lace thair boots up at place's like Libya, Korea,Falklands,and the like, but just now want a slightley easier life

Ouch!
  • What is a 'mundane toss'?
  • fenny said:

Mundane tossers who dont like velcro fastenings on the middle aged comunity,who probably used to lace thair boots up at place's like Libya, Korea,Falklands,and the like, but just now want a slightley easier life

Don't bottle it . let it all out.
  • Fighting my way into tescos past rac sales men, charity bucket shakers and now today overly aggressive studio photo saleswomen
    I just want some milk ffs
  • PeterGage said:

Middle aged men who wear velcro fastenings on their shoes. Just learn to do up laces like a grown up...

As you get older, and I know, bending down to tie laces gets difficult if not impossible (blood runs to head and one passes out!). The answer is either slip-ons or Velcro.
    Where does the blood run to when you're younger and why don't the young pass out ? Genuine question.
  • PeterGage said:

Middle aged men who wear velcro fastenings on their shoes. Just learn to do up laces like a grown up...

As you get older, and I know, bending down to tie laces gets difficult if not impossible (blood runs to head and one passes out!). The answer is either slip-ons or Velcro.
    Where does the blood run to when you're younger and why don't the young pass out ? Genuine question.
    The young have less brains, so there's more room for the blood - Raymond Baxter told me that, if you don't know who he is, then you are young!
  • MrOneLung said:

People who cannot accept other peoples viewpoints on politics.

i don't agree.

• Sponsored links:

• edited July 2014
    fenny said:

Jeez lighten up fenny, I'm sure there's a 100 things I do that annoy others but it's an irrational thread all round innit not meant to be taken that seriously!

Right, I'll be off for a routine, run of the mill, bog standard toss now...
  • PeterGage said:

Older people are excused Peter I wouldn't want to be held responsible for a rise in A&E figures.
  • PeterGage said:

Your cock.
  • RedPanda said:

Greenie said:

What is a 'mundane toss'?

The lingerie section of a Littlewoods catalogue?

Chuckle of the day. Good work P :-)
  • edited July 2014
    Greenie said:

What is a 'mundane toss'?

You'll find out when you're middle-aged.
  • People that moan about ticket prices for away games saying they are too expensive but still go anyway.
  • shirty5 said:

People that moan about ticket prices for away games saying they are too expensive but still go anyway.

That sounds fair enough to me, most tickets are too expensive but that doesn't mean you can't go.
  • The war on " insert whatever ".
    I think this started with "The war on terror", but now used for every single campaign going!
  • Flying ants
  • Sponsored links:

• The term Spag Bol
  • Schools that cancel sports day because there might be a storm. pathetic.
  • I referenced business speak some pages back. I came across the following profiles on the team page of this company's website.

http://www.tmsdi.com/about-us.php

Each one is more sickening than the one before it, right down to the very end. However, the ones that really got me were

"I like coming up with creative bespoke solutions to meet our clients’ needs, seeing their outcomes and making sure that they work in practice."

"From accreditation through to client support each interaction is as important and valuable to us as the next - I love delivering such a high level of service."

"I take great pride in knowing that when our clients contact us, we’ll take every step to ensure we can meet their individual needs."

Surely all this bollocks goes as standard. You have clients you have to look after them. You cannot tell me you cherish every bloody interaction you have with them, it's not human. Sickening.
  • MrOneLung said:

People who cannot accept other peoples viewpoints on politics.

People that say "I'm a labour voter" or "I'm a tory voter" etc.

There's democracy for you
  • The M25.

Nearly 4 hours to drive to the outskirts of Oxford. Should take 2 hours.
  • cabbles said:

I referenced business speak some pages back. I came across the following profiles on the team page of this company's website.

Each one is more sickening than the one before it, right down to the very end. However, the ones that really got me were

"I like coming up with creative bespoke solutions to meet our clients’ needs, seeing their outcomes and making sure that they work in practice."

"From accreditation through to client support each interaction is as important and valuable to us as the next - I love delivering such a high level of service."

"I take great pride in knowing that when our clients contact us, we’ll take every step to ensure we can meet their individual needs."

Surely all this bollocks goes as standard. You have clients you have to look after them. You cannot tell me you cherish every bloody interaction you have with them, it's not human. Sickening.

Exactly. Doesn't come across as genuine at all. If someone started talking about that in a pub when asked about what their job entailed they would be laughed at.
  • cafctom said:

cabbles said:

I referenced business speak some pages back. I came across the following profiles on the team page of this company's website.

Exactly. Doesn't come across as genuine at all. If someone started talking about that in a pub when asked about what their job entailed they would be laughed at.
    I sometimes think I'm on the outside of this great big bubble re: how to act and communicate in the business world. I know these people are probably genuinely decent people working hard, but someone, somewhere has told them it'll be a really good idea to spout some generic blurb about how committed to their clients. It goes right down to their IT Manager.....
  • cabbles said:

I wrote my part of my annual appraisal today, it reads almost identical to the above.

Appraisals really, really annoy me. For the life of me I cant see the relevance to the crap job (that really annoys me too) I do. When I questioned the the purpose of of my appraisal, stating its pointless and meaningless, my head of department told me not doing is not an option but just write something and pick a course to go on even an Excel course will do. That annoyed me so I Googled appraisals and copied and pasted a load of pointless guff I found on various sites.
  • edited July 2014

cabbles said:

I wrote my part of my annual appraisal today, it reads almost identical to the above.

Appraisals really, really annoy me. For the life of me I cant see the relevance to the crap job (that really annoys me too) I do. When I questioned the the purpose of of my appraisal, stating its pointless and meaningless, my head of department told me not doing is not an option but just write something and pick a course to go on even an Excel course will do. That annoyed me so I Googled appraisals and copied and pasted a load of pointless guff I found on various sites.
    A box ticking exercise from what I see in many organisations. They have to be seen to be done.

In theory, if people can interact constructively, they are a good idea but too often the employee fears anything said being later used against him or her and the employer uses it as an excuse to slag the staff off.
  • Been reminded by the other thread.....Comedy songs. What's worse is when someone in the office says "oh have you heard this one it's really funny" to which it gets played and they laugh, a couple of other people sort of laugh and I'm left to do that uncomfortable smile. Don't think I've ever heard a funny one apart from the 3 minute song by that Aussie bloke that wears eyeliner.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!