Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• When you like a song because its just catchy or whatever and people have to tell you you don't know anything about music. One Direction for example. I'm allowed to enjoy music without having to respect the artist or appreciate it as a work of art.
  • You Tube adverts. Even the BBC ones can have adverts.
  • Been reminded by the other thread.....Comedy songs. What's worse is when someone in the office says "oh have you heard this one it's really funny" to which it gets played and they laugh, a couple of other people sort of laugh and I'm left to do that uncomfortable smile. Don't think I've ever heard a funny one apart from the 3 minute song by that Aussie bloke that wears eyeliner.

Which Tim Minchin song do you mean? He does have some very good ones.
    I'm guessing "If I didn't have you" because that's possibly his most well known one?
  • buckshee said:

MrOneLung said:

People who cannot accept other peoples viewpoints on politics.

People that say "I'm a labour voter" or "I'm a tory voter" etc.

There's democracy for you
    People who say they're a Labour voter but cannot articulate a justification beyond their parents voted Labour.
  • People who say they're a Tory voter but cannot articulate a justification beyond their parents voted Tory.
  • Greenie said:

People who say they're a Tory voter but cannot articulate a justification beyond their parents voted Tory.

Predictable, although I've never actually met someone who did this (or LibDem, Green, UKIP, BNP etc) so I couldn't say that it bothered me.
  • Fiiish said:

buckshee said:

MrOneLung said:

People who say they're a Labour voter but cannot articulate a justification beyond their parents voted Labour.
    People who make ridiculous sweeping statements like this one.
  • Fiiish said:

buckshee said:

MrOneLung said:

People who mistake anecdotal observations for generalising statements

fineprint: I'm not talking about all Labour voters, just ones that I have met that have actually used this as a reason (and I've met quite a few who have).
  • Fiiish said:

Fiiish said:

buckshee said:

MrOneLung said:

fineprint: I'm not talking about all Labour voters, just ones that I have met that have actually used this as a reason (and I've met quite a few who have).
    I can say exactly the same for Tory voters ( more so in fact ). To say it just Labour is ridiculous.
  • Sponsored links:

• Fiiish said:

Fiiish said:

buckshee said:

MrOneLung said:

I can say exactly the same for Tory voters ( more so in fact ). To say it just Labour is ridiculous.
    I didn't say it was just Labour, I've just never met a voter of any other party who has pulled this excuse. Please read my posts before replying.
  • Having a stomach bug for the entirety of my 3 days off :(
  • edited July 2014
    Trying to be organised and save time by putting what I need for the next few days in a given area of my own home only for 'er indoors to hide it all.

Result: I think I'm ready and prepared for a meeting and plan to leave accordingly. I then cannot find anything and have to attend the meeting, arriving late, and unprepared.

If I touched her stuff I would never hear the end of it!
  • EastStand said:

Having a stomach bug for the entirety of my 3 days off :(

If it is annual leave, just change it to 3 sick days and get your holiday time back.
  • Fiiish said:

buckshee said:

MrOneLung said:

if voting ever REALLY radically changed anything for the better, they'd make it illegal!
  • (apologies if already mentioned, however), waving someone into traffic but their eyes are anywhere. but on you!
  • Alarm clocks. Mine especially.
  • When your waiting to cross a road and a car drives up to you really slowly, stop to let you, beckon with their hand to let you cross and then get annoyed cos you've not noticed (Cos of the sun making it impossible to see them)

Instead if your driving slowly.. flash your lights from a distance and continue going slow so the person can cross the road before you get to them wasting no ones time
  • People driving in front of me who stop to let people cross the road.
  • Ha!
    That's good. Haven't seen that one before.
    I generally agree with you about comedy songs, but I do like Tim Minchin. :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• MrOneLung said:

EastStand said:

Having a stomach bug for the entirety of my 3 days off :(

If it is annual leave, just change it to 3 sick days and get your holiday time back.
    I work for an independent pub, there is no such thing as holiday time/pay or annual leave. If I don't work I don't get paid. Making this even more rubbish!
  • edited July 2014
    Selfish ill mannered gits blocking off a shared access without a word of acknowledgement that they are wrong or an apology.
  • Walking down Oxford Street yesterday, so busy with it being after work and plenty of tourists, but the amount of people with heads down texting was ridiculous, it drove me mad.
  • RedPanda said:

Greenie said:

What is a 'mundane toss'?

The lingerie section of a Littlewoods catalogue?
    Frigmarole
  • I really don't care if this upsets anyone but I am sick to death of 'move on'. It may, just possibly, have been mildly amusing once but feck me, let's get some new material ffs.
  • I really don't care if this upsets anyone but I am sick to death of 'move on'. It may, just possibly, have been mildly amusing once but feck me, let's get some new material ffs.

Move on.

Move on.

S'pose I asked for that. Well done.
  • Walking into the kitchen at 06:45, tripping over the dead pigeon the cats have brought in and the feathers that now cover most of the floor.
  • Uncontrolled immigration in London.

Suggestions ??
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!