Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    You mean we have a £10 coin now?
  • Options
    The price rise in diet drinks since the introduction of the sugar tax.

Companies have taken advantage of the tax to close the differential in their pricing and we all pay more regardless of drink. Must say hardly surprising and very predictable.
  • Options
    How much you pay for sugary drinks should be based on your BMI.
  • Options
    And airline tickets.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Greenie said:

MrOneLung said:

And airline tickets.

This.
    All the chubbers should pay extra, after all we pay an allowance if we go over the luggage allocation, and salad dodgers fill up the seats more and generally encroach on others. So why not pay more?
    All passengers should be weighed at check in and their weight should come up on a massive screen above check in, everyone waiting can either Boo or Cheer dependent on weight. It has the added bonus of eroding the boredom of queuing at check in.
    Vote for me, Ill get it made into law.
    Seems fair, but what about people who are just naturally large and therefore heavier? Not fat, but, through no fault of their own, big people, do they pay extra too? Who gets to decide whether someone is a 'chubber' or just big because of their genes? Sounds a bit complicated to me...
  • Options

Greenie said:

MrOneLung said:

And airline tickets.

This.
    All the chubbers should pay extra, after all we pay an allowance if we go over the luggage allocation, and salad dodgers fill up the seats more and generally encroach on others. So why not pay more?
    All passengers should be weighed at check in and their weight should come up on a massive screen above check in, everyone waiting can either Boo or Cheer dependent on weight. It has the added bonus of eroding the boredom of queuing at check in.
    Seems fair, but what about people who are just naturally large and therefore heavier? Not fat, but, through no fault of their own, big people, do they pay extra too? Who gets to decide whether someone is a 'chubber' or just big because of their genes? Sounds a bit complicated to me...
    You could have a template like at the airport anyway. You can weigh whatever you want so long as you can get your gut inside the lines...

We want to be fair about this after all.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

Greenie said:

MrOneLung said:

And airline tickets.

This.
    You could have a template like at the airport anyway. You can weigh whatever you want so long as you can get your gut inside the lines...

Agree. It works for the hand luggage, why not people? They should make the plane door the same width as the seats.
    Want to use the double doors? Pay for 2 seats.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    But, but, but......I’ve just got big bones.....it’s not my fault.
  • Options

McBobbin said:

Greenie said:

MrOneLung said:

And airline tickets.

This.

Agree. It works for the hand luggage, why not people? They should make the plane door the same width as the seats.
    Want to use the double doors? Pay for 2 seats.
    cargo hold
  • Options
    Macronate said:

What about when you're on a plane coming home from your holiday (so already pissed off at the thought of returning to England) and the person next to you begins to show you his mobile phone images of the overseas boating holiday he's just had, without me even mentioning that I'd be interested in seeing the most boring boat pictures ever.

What should happen to people like him?

He wasn't a chubster by the way.

Ahh, got it covered....the 'Bore Tax' will be introduced, you will need video evidence of course....unless they have the old Harry Enfield 'Only Me' voice, then they will be subject to a 25% bore levy as soon as they speak to someone when they check in.
  • Options

Macronate said:

What about when you're on a plane coming home from your holiday (so already pissed off at the thought of returning to England) and the person next to you begins to show you his mobile phone images of the overseas boating holiday he's just had, without me even mentioning that I'd be interested in seeing the most boring boat pictures ever.

just show him pictures and videos of you going through all the northern sloshers you came across
    Across or over?
    Or In?
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Greenie said:

MrOneLung said:

And airline tickets.

This.
    Thats when the 'Freak Tax' kicks in. So they will have to pay.
    To add balance very small people wont get seats, they'll have to go in the overhead lockers...unless of course they want to pay double extra for a seat.
    Greenie, stop giving Michael O'Leary ideas.
  • Options
    edited October 2018

Macronate said:

just show him pictures and videos of you going through all the northern sloshers you came across
    Yeah, I never thought of that.

My wife, who was asleep next to me at the time, would never have known.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2018
    Macronate said:

Macronate said:

My wife, who was asleep next to me at the time, would never have known.
    Is this in reference to the pictures or the sex with the missus? :smiley:
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Hung Like Hanratty are a band that create lovely tunes about things that generally annoy them.
    Might be worth checking them out.
    Dog shit seems to really annoy them. And Trump. And cats. And people parking in disabled bays. Oscar Pistorius. Jimmy Saville, Tractors, Simon Cowell and many more.
    https://youtu.be/Qpubu5fQ6TY
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Why has 'so and so will contact you' become 'so and so will reach out to you'?
    Who started this shit and why do non thinkers repeat it?
    I find its generally uttered by grey people who have the most mundane jobs, and are just trying and failing, to make it more interesting.
    Its just a big bowl of wank, it really is.

I liked it when people reached out in sons of anarchy as that usually meant a new bunch of characters to get violent with

For data analysts though, I agree, it's a wanky phrase
  • Options
    But it really is required if you are looking to obtain an overarching, holistic view of the situation.