Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    Paying £10 for iFollow only for us to line Holmes and Robinson's pockets as we fail to turn them over.

Real shame.
  • Options

The clammer to equalise the "gender pay gap" and to have more women in certain jobs. It should hd the best person for the role & they command the fee they get.

Radio 2 decided they wanted more women on the daytime airwaves. Disrupted a very good drivetime show by bringing in Jo Whiley to "co-host" with Simon Mayo. Didnt work & was never going to work. Upshot is Simon Mayo is leaving........but Jo Whiley is not doing it on her own but moving back to her original 7pm slot, with a yet un-named person (v likely a women) to take over the drivetime show.

well done the beeb !!! How to alienate your listeners to satisfy a few righteous souls. I'm off to complain that there aren't enough middle aged white men dj'ing in nightclubs & want to equalise the balance.

gah !!!

I noted last weeks 'Have I got news for you', had a majority of female participants. Jo Brand, Grace Dent and Kiri Pritchard-McLean.

The BBC may have ticked one brief by employing more women, but they completely missed out on the other, i.e. making a program that is funny.

It hasn't been funny for a while though has it. More to do with Hislop and Merton just coasting through it.
  • Options
    Saulc23 said:

The inconsiderate office microwave user.

There’s a repeat offender who brings in a raw potato and uses the only microwave for 15 minutes to cook it, then 4 minutes after that for their stinking tuna.

Selfish prick.

15mins? How big is the spud?
  • Options

Saulc23 said:

There’s a repeat offender who brings in a raw potato and uses the only microwave for 15 minutes to cook it, then 4 minutes after that for their stinking tuna.

Selfish prick.

We had someone cooking some god forsaken concoction in our office one yesterday.

The entire floor smelt like a kipper’s clunge.
    Brilliant, genuine LOL at that
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Saulc23 said:

Selfish prick.

We had someone cooking some god forsaken concoction in our office one yesterday.

Any fish in the office microwave is totally unacceptable
  • Options

'Hot Drink makers' I can't call them Baristas, who insist on plucking the cup from the inside with their dirty fingers each time they move from the cup pile, the coffee machine and then to where the milk gets poured and touching the lip of the cup. Especially if i have a recyclable cup. get your dirty fingers off the lip/inside of my cup please.

Also waiting staff who pass a fork/spoon/knife by holding the part that goes in your mouth or bar staff that push straws into a holder, and pat down with the palm of their hand for good germ spreading measure.

I'd also add people who spend ages at the milk/sugar counter once they've been served their hot drinks, blocking access to anyone else.

Some stand there for ages stirring tea and looking gormlessly into space. I've found that a polite but firm "excuse me" helps move them along.
  • Options
    edited October 2018

'Hot Drink makers' I can't call them Baristas, who insist on plucking the cup from the inside with their dirty fingers each time they move from the cup pile, the coffee machine and then to where the milk gets poured and touching the lip of the cup. Especially if i have a recyclable cup. get your dirty fingers off the lip/inside of my cup please.

Also waiting staff who pass a fork/spoon/knife by holding the part that goes in your mouth or bar staff that push straws into a holder, and pat down with the palm of their hand for good germ spreading measure.

worst bit is, most of them look like the sort of people that wouldn't think twice about a pokey bum wank in the work toilets.
    Fully expecting the PBW to be the next alternative to the flat white from the coffee aficionados at Costa.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

worst bit is, most of them look like the sort of people that wouldn't think twice about a pokey bum wank in the work toilets.
    Fully expecting the PBW to be the next alternative to the flat white from the coffee aficionados at Costa.
    If it’s not them someone will do it , I mean, who doesn’t enjoy a pokey bum wank?
  • Options
    Charlie Brown, he's an absolute prick.
    If I met a boy like him in real life I'd stab him and throw his body in a flooded quarry.
  • Options

People that don’t like Christmas. Fucking weirdos.

Proper laughed at this one, great delivery!
  • Options

Think that's the mirror behind the counter mate
  • Options
    Macronate said:

Bound to be offering it in Shoreditch already "before it becomes mainstream"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I lost both my stepdad and my mum a few days either side of Christmas and subsequently it's one of my least favourite times of year but I'll try and raise my game just for you.
  • Options
    I got a PP9 battery in a sock which was a bit unexpected @DaveMehmet
  • Options

Saulc23 said:

Selfish prick.

Any fish in the office microwave is totally unacceptable
    Why do workplaces need microwaves anyway? Why do people have to eat something that requires cooking for lunch? Have something cold and save your hot meal for dinner.
  • Options
    edited October 2018

If someone doesn’t like Christmas then I guess they’re entitled to feel like that, but it’s the ones who are desperate to tell you that they hate it who wind me up. They can’t wait to see your reaction when they declare that they hate something most people love and really want you to ask why.
  • Options

I got a PP9 battery in a sock which was a bit unexpected @DaveMehmet

You’re lucky, I only got a tangerine in my stocking
  • Options
    Greenie got my Christmas comment, it was a jokey one in relation to another thread. Apologies if it pissed you off AUN.
  • Options

Greenie got my Christmas comment, it was a jokey one in relation to another thread. Apologies if it pissed you off AUN.

No apology needed and sorry if I seemed narky @ValleyGary. I used to like Christmas but stuff happens that takes the shine off.

If it’s not too early, have a good un!

• Options
    Knock off immitations of this fine thread.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

If someone doesn’t like Christmas then I guess they’re entitled to feel like that, but it’s the ones who are desperate to tell you that they hate it who wind me up. They can’t wait to see your reaction when they declare that they hate something most people love and really want you to ask why.
    Same as people who don't celebrate their own birthday and then passively aggressively try and make you feel bad because you like celebrating yours.