Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options

Bus drivers who are already 10+ Mins late in but still have a fag before they start the bus service again

The better ones are at the bus station (not in London), who after changing drivers, the new one arrives after the bus should have left.
  • Options

People that say “I much prefer winter to summer”. Oh yeah, social hours in darkness and arctic conditions over shorts and a beer garden. Goth behaviour.

Obese people cover up their rolls in winter, therefore it's less damaging on my eyes.
  • Options
    edited November 2018

When I hear Forest fans sing our song!

Even though it's their song :smile:
    I know - remember reading about it on here.

I'm sure as shit still going to call it ours though... :-)
    I think Paul McCartney would have something to say about that.
    Denny Laine wrote it, McCartney nicked it by insisting if they recorded it he would get the first writing credit.......
  • Options

The price of concert tickets, particularly at larger venues. Over £200 a ticket to see Fleetwood mac. £90 to see Bon Jovi. I haven't been to a big stadium gig for a long time as I refuse to pay those prices, but it still annoys me that venues and bands get away with charging so much!

We've done this before, back in the day LP's etc used to be quite expensive and the top bands used to sell millions, and gigs were cheap, nowadays with people streaming and sharing music for free, bands dont make much money, I think Jagger recently said that Jumping Jack flash had been streamed over two million times within a month or two and he received about £180. I might be wrong with the song but you get the idea.
    Fans cant have it both ways, free music and cheap gigs.
    Also the venues set the fee, the bands management tell them how much the band wants and the venue market it up, and sets the ticket fee, then on top of that the ticket agencies cop a few quid, again back in the day you contacted the venues ticket office directly, so it was cheaper.
    That all said and done I agree with you, I wont pay those prices, I would rather spend my time playing with my band or writing.
  • Options
    When I need someone to have a sale on Computor/ipad no one has
    Dazzler21 said:

People that say “I much prefer winter to summer”. Oh yeah, social hours in darkness and arctic conditions over shorts and a beer garden. Goth behaviour.

Obese people cover up their rolls in winter, therefore it's less damaging on my eyes.
    As a technically obese person I don't object to this comment, but as an obese person who has seen you in a pair of shorts, oh deary me!! ;)

• Options
    Greenie said:

The price of concert tickets, particularly at larger venues. Over £200 a ticket to see Fleetwood mac. £90 to see Bon Jovi. I haven't been to a big stadium gig for a long time as I refuse to pay those prices, but it still annoys me that venues and bands get away with charging so much!

We've done this before, back in the day LP's etc used to be quite expensive and the top bands used to sell millions, and gigs were cheap, nowadays with people streaming and sharing music for free, bands dont make much money, I think Jagger recently said that Jumping Jack flash had been streamed over two million times within a month or two and he received about £180. I might be wrong with the song but you get the idea.
    Fans cant have it both ways, free music and cheap gigs.
    Also the venues set the fee, the bands management tell them how much the band wants and the venue market it up, and sets the ticket fee, then on top of that the ticket agencies cop a few quid, again back in the day you contacted the venues ticket office directly, so it was cheaper.
    That all said and done I agree with you, I wont pay those prices, I would rather spend my time playing with my band or writing.
    The support acts generally don't exist or are really poor as well.
    Pixies have no support this week.
  • Options
    M 2 buggered. Roadworks and junction closures.

M 20 buggered. Road works to construct permanent average speed cameras. 'They' prefer the term 'Smart Motorway.'

M26 closing. Something about a lorry park.

All at the same time.

Some anonymous bureaucrat hates Kentish People and People of Kent.

@cantersaddick or @The_President is it you? :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LenGlover said:

M 20 buggered. Road works to construct permanent average speed cameras. 'They' prefer the term 'Smart Motorway.'

All at the same time.

Said to the Mrs the other day that whilst we like living in Greenhithe and don’t necessarily regret moving here six years ago if we’d realised how much the Dartford crossing can screw us on a daily basis we may well have chosen elsewhere.
  • Options
    Another driving one.
    Rush hour on the A2 is bad enough in the evening. But specifically the section between Danson park and the black prince turn off - and the inconsiderate twats who speed up the left hand lane then slam their brakes on and cut into the traffic at the last possible moment. Go stick your dicks in a jar of barbed wire, salt and lemon.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

LenGlover said:

All at the same time.

Said to the Mrs the other day that whilst we like living in Greenhithe and don’t necessarily regret moving here six years ago if we’d realised how much the Dartford crossing can screw us on a daily basis we may well have chosen elsewhere.
    At least you are a closer crawl

The further down the A2 you go the shitter it gets I promise you
  • Options
    andyg90 said:

Another driving one.
    Rush hour on the A2 is bad enough in the evening. But specifically the section between Danson park and the black prince turn off - and the inconsiderate twats who speed up the left hand lane then slam their brakes on and cut into the traffic at the last possible moment. Go stick your dicks in a jar of barbed wire, salt and lemon.

Fully agree
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Denny Laine wrote it, McCartney nicked it by insisting if they recorded it he would get the first writing credit.......
    I believe Macca paid Laine a certain sum of money in the 80's for the writing credits when Laine was on his uppers.
  • Options
    andyg90 said:

Another driving one.

Hate to say but between Danson and the Black Prince its three lanes till just before where the speed camera is, can tell by the spacing on the line markings

What annoys me is the fact that cars treat it as two lanes simply because they know about a mile down the road the first lane turns into a junction yet why not use it until that point as it'll spread the traffic out a bit more

Is the same with the M25 between the A2 and M20; moment everyone gets on the M25 they instantly move over to the second lane because they know what happens further up the road yet thats not how lanes are supposed to work
  • Options
    People who start threads on here that include words like ‘today’ or ‘xxxx at the valley on Monday’ - as soon as today or the day mentioned has passed they are meaningless or just confusing! Please put the actual date...!
  • Options
    IdleHans said:

People who get up early on a Saturday so they can switch on noisy outdoor machinery at 7.30am.

This is my Saturday currently, swap the noisy machinery for a vacuum cleaner and you are heading the right way and swap 'people' with 'my wife'

What actually annoys me is I worked my bollocks off cleaning the house yesterday, vacuumed, deep cleaned the kitchen and bathroom, the laundry got done on Wednesday by me, cleaned all the windows inside and out, and generally made the place look exceptional.

The reason for this completely unnecessary racket at 7am this morning is I asked her if she wouldn't mind putting the laundry away when it was dried as I'd been booked up to help her dad taking a load of shit to the tip today.

She's now huffing and puffing and generally making a scene about rearranging the kitchen cupboards, which didn't need doing, neither did the floors which had been mopped and vacuumed yesterday. Meanwhile the washing has been thrown in a couple of laundry baskets from the airers to no doubt remain there getting creased up until I fold everything up and put it away.

I love my wife dearly but she is fucking pissing me off today and this leads me onto that rancid pile of excrement Dushitalot, if that evil old prick hadn't forced me into boycotting I'd be on a train up to Charlton today in a good mood as opposed to lifting, carrying and dumping about 6 tonnes of hardcore back and forth to the tip
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Carter said:

IdleHans said:

People who get up early on a Saturday so they can switch on noisy outdoor machinery at 7.30am.

This is my Saturday currently, swap the noisy machinery for a vacuum cleaner and you are heading the right way and swap 'people' with 'my wife'

What actually annoys me is I worked my bollocks off cleaning the house yesterday, vacuumed, deep cleaned the kitchen and bathroom, the laundry got done on Wednesday by me, cleaned all the windows inside and out, and generally made the place look exceptional.

The reason for this completely unnecessary racket at 7am this morning is I asked her if she wouldn't mind putting the laundry away when it was dried as I'd been booked up to help her dad taking a load of shit to the tip today.

She's now huffing and puffing and generally making a scene about rearranging the kitchen cupboards, which didn't need doing, neither did the floors which had been mopped and vacuumed yesterday. Meanwhile the washing has been thrown in a couple of laundry baskets from the airers to no doubt remain there getting creased up until I fold everything up and put it away.

I love my wife dearly but she is fucking pissing me off today and this leads me onto that rancid pile of excrement Dushitalot, if that evil old prick hadn't forced me into boycotting I'd be on a train up to Charlton today in a good mood as opposed to lifting, carrying and dumping about 6 tonnes of hardcore back and forth to the tip
    Sounds remarkably like my Mrs. We like to have the passive aggressive equivalent of a blazing row... Such as having to get something from the drawer the second the other person is in front of it preparing food. The more hypocritical the better.
  • Options
    Woke this morning with that match day feeling, that buzz you get when your off to The Valley. Trouble being I'm not and won't be until he's gone, it can only be because I was at the oxford game after being given a ticket. If we lose today and I hurl the tv across the lounge I know I'm getting my Charlton back.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

All at the same time.

I drive all over Kent regularly and it’s really pissing me off.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

All at the same time.

Accident on the A2 around the Gravesend area so anyone heading up to the Valley today might want to keep an eye on that at the moment
  • Options
    IdleHans said:

6 tonnes of hardcore? Even in my teens I never had more than a carrier bag full.

Brilliant!. Genuinely burst out laughing at that
  • Options

Greenie said:

I believe Macca paid Laine a certain sum of money in the 80's for the writing credits when Laine was on his uppers.
    Then unfortunately you believe wrong
    As I understand it, Laine needed money, McCartney bought the rights of MOK from Laine and insisted on a writing credit.
    Then made an absolute fortune from it....ok you could argue business is business however he could have just released it with him and Laine sharing the royalties if he wanted to be charitable.
  • Options
    England v South Africa not being on Freeview but some nothing provinces against each other being shown live on the BBC.
  • Options
    The Dartford crossing again today. Try telling me again how it’s worse down the A2. Been gridlock all day around Greenhithe.
  • Options
    Christmas adverts at the beginning of November.....