Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    When tracking a parcel it simply says "In transit"
  • Options
    Football commentators constantly apologising for background swearing. It's not their fault, there's nothing they can do about it, it's part of the game and in all probability nobody even noticed ... until they pointed it out.
  • Options

Football commentators constantly apologising for background swearing. It's not their fault, there's nothing they can do about it, it's part of the game and in all probability nobody even noticed ... until they pointed it out.

I suppose it is their fault to an extent as they can turn down the microphones near that section of the stands so its not audible
  • Options

They always say sorry if you heard inappropriate language but I think swearing is entirely appropriate for a football match.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

They always say sorry if you heard inappropriate language but I think swearing is entirely appropriate for a football match.
    Especially supporting our lot!
  • Options

I know why they do it (apologise) at boxing as I asked Ian Darke when the pair of us shared a queue in the buffet car on the pendolino to Liverpool lime street in 2015

Its because OFCOM make them. They don't advertise before the programme the risk of naughty words so have to apologise or get told off

Mental, especially in a sport like boxing where there is a very real chance of seeing people ironed out and a lot of blood.

I love it when a chant, especially the heeeey Roland one is so loud it is clearly and crisply broadcast so nobody is in doubt of what is being sung at 1pm on a Sunday

I can still remember where I was when the unedited version of ODB's classic got your money went out during the top 40 show and I loved it, absolutely loved it
  • Options
    Ha - I remember being on holiday in Benidorm back in 2004 and the woman running the kids club evening entertainment had to go off somewhere, so put a mix tape on for a while, only for the unedited versions of Eamons 'F*ck It - I dont want you Back' and Frankee's 'F*ck you right back' songs to blast out from the speakers.
    Cue lots of laughing from us childless holidaymakers and frantic parents trying to get their kids and cover their ears.
  • Options
    the teeny bladder afflicted fuckwits in our row, they're all between 25 and 50 but can't last 30 minutes without expecting 10 people to stand so they can go take a leak. The selfish wankers all go separately too, so we're up & down like yoyos. Only the eldest one (dad to youngest) ever says thank you, the other rude twats barely even turn sideways to avoid barging we saps on their way out or back in. They've all got hide like rhinos cos no amount of chuntering, or sarky barbs ever registers the slightest response. They're not deaf, if you're wondering, just borderline incontinent and heinously inconsiderate.
  • Options
    Carter said:

I know why they do it (apologise) at boxing as I asked Ian Darke when the pair of us shared a queue in the buffet car on the pendolino to Liverpool lime street in 2015

Its because OFCOM make them. They don't advertise before the programme the risk of naughty words so have to apologise or get told off

Mental, especially in a sport like boxing where there is a very real chance of seeing people ironed out and a lot of blood.

I love it when a chant, especially the heeeey Roland one is so loud it is clearly and crisply broadcast so nobody is in doubt of what is being sung at 1pm on a Sunday

I can still remember where I was when the unedited version of ODB's classic got your money went out during the top 40 show and I loved it, absolutely loved it
    And Ofcom do that because they get inundated with complaints from busybodies when a swear word is uttered. Which then has to be investigated.
  • Options
    Asking my GP if I can return to training to get fit enough for this ride to Amsterdam, his reply "Ask the surgeon when you see him"
    My appointment is 29th April 2019............
    Lol, should be plenty of time to get fit. :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2018
    Nightmares:
    I must have the devil in my subconscious because I dread sleeping in my bed at night,
    Or any bed for that matter.
    I have tried everything from green tea to tai chi to calm down, or going for a mile walk before bed, but my overactive brain means maybe only about 5 times a year when Kelly Brook (the model) POPS up in my dreams can I ever enjoy the experience of sleeping.
    Dream on.
  • Options
    Reading the whole of the Southampton Student nonsense thread because of a hoax shout out in the argument alert thread Zzzzz
  • Options
    anyone above the age of 30 that says LOL
  • Options

@Riscardo has got 3 years left then.
  • Options

@Riscardo has got 3 years left then.
    Lol
  • Options
    ...oops
  • Options
    Oh no - now I've gawn n done it an'll...
  • Options

LOL
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2018

Even worse are the ones that apologise when the corner men swear at the boxing, there’s two fellas bashing fuck out of each other up there and you worry about some words?
  • Options
    Bill Nighy popping up in virtually every film I've watched over the last 25 years. Have a day off ffs
  • Options
    Am sure many of us have this gripe every year but bloody ban non-organised Firework events!!

Have them all on one bloody night in various locations and be done with it - My two cats are lovely, really happy and relaxed yet my black cat is visibly distressed tonight with Fireworks going on and its horrible to see him like it
  • Options

I type it in my texts......my kids have told me its so wrong.
  • Options

Train tickets that don't work at the barriers.
    Happens to me all the time, especially the barrier between Waterloo and Waterloo East. 100% fail rate.
    Grrrr

I had this recently.....was told by one of the platform staff that the electronic strip had been de-magnetized.

It then occurred to me.....I had just been to an investment seminar & had worn a name tag. A new fangled one which you attached to yourself by the means of 2 magnets....one on the outside of your pocket & one on the inside.....just the place where I had stored my train ticket.

who would have thought eh ?
  • Options

Am sure many of us have this gripe every year but bloody ban non-organised Firework events!!

Have them all on one bloody night in various locations and be done with it - My two cats are lovely, really happy and relaxed yet my black cat is visibly distressed tonight with Fireworks going on and its horrible to see him like it

This

The volume of fireworks has gone up steadily over the last decade to increasing dramatically in the last 3 years.

Since I got back off holiday a fortnight ago there has been fireworks every night. So every time a firework goes off so do my animals, and all my neighbours dogs.

There is a fairly sizeable Indian presence in Chatham and I know Diwali falls near this time of the year. I need convincing the festival of light lasts the entirety of October as well as the local divs getting hold of Chinese fireworks and letting them off at random

I will say for the record, I love fireworks and used to have a share in a fireworks distribution company (that we wrapped up due to the amount of thefts we had, all resulting in fireworks finding their way into the possession of idiots)

Sign of the times we are in, very selfish world we live in at the moment with very little thought for consequence and the affect behaviour has on others
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Just had to nip up to where my wife works, getting something off the back seat of my car (forced to do it road side) - Had the door open and some car races round the corner so have to quickly close the door to stop it being ripped off... As I've turned my glasses have flown off and have gone under the wheel of the car I've tried to avoid

My wife has had to take me home to get my old pair (thankfully still have them) yet now looking to have to pay out £100+ on a new pair!!
  • Options

Just had to nip up to where my wife works, getting some off the back seat of my car (forced to do it road side) - Had the door open and some car races round the corner so have to quickly close the door to stop it being ripped off... As I've turned my glasses have flown off and have gone under the wheel of the car I've tried to avoid

My wife has had to take me home to get my old pair (thankfully still have them) yet now looking to have to pay out £100+ on a new pair!!

wait, what?!
  • Options
    edited October 2018

Just had to nip up to where my wife works, getting some off the back seat of my car (forced to do it road side) - Had the door open and some car races round the corner so have to quickly close the door to stop it being ripped off... As I've turned my glasses have flown off and have gone under the wheel of the car I've tried to avoid

wait, what?!
    It was getting something off the backseat... Not someone ;)