Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options

IdleHans said:

Phone charger cables that don't last a month. Which seems to be just about all of them.

Mine outlast the phones. What do you do to them ?
    Usb Mini/type C
  • Options
    The Mrs has bought different washing liquid for the clothes, it smells like muc-off chain cleaner.
  • Options
    The London transport system to go tits up the day I need to be somewhere urgently
  • Options

Stand-in DJ's / radio presenters.

Craig Charles standing in for Steve Wright today, Radio 2 between 2pm & 5pm. Now Radio 2 is an old gits/middle of ths road station which plays today's modern /current chart stuff with a good sprinkling of old tunes from the 1960's onwards.

Craig Charles disregards this & just plays what he likes......mainly funk/disco/r&b.. That is not his remit. He already has his own show I believe on a sat eve where he plays this rubbish, sorry, diversified music. He should not be able to inflict it on all the middle if the road cronies like mysel on a weekday afternoon.

(This is not saying that Steve Wright is any good)......just that since his programme started this afternoon he's not played anything near classed as "middle of the road". He did try by playing "Rocking all over the world" by Credence Clearwater Revival ....which is at least better than the Status Quo version.....but that was only because it was on his "cover by a different bruver /muvva" section......

I wonder how long will I'll have to wait for a Beatles/Simon & Garfunkel/Spandau/Oasis or Coldplay track.

Yep,when he came on I went to absolute 80s......otherwise the brushes and roller would be in the van very early
  • Options

Stand-in DJ's / radio presenters.

Craig Charles standing in for Steve Wright today, Radio 2 between 2pm & 5pm. Now Radio 2 is an old gits/middle of ths road station which plays today's modern /current chart stuff with a good sprinkling of old tunes from the 1960's onwards.

Craig Charles disregards this & just plays what he likes......mainly funk/disco/r&b.. That is not his remit. He already has his own show I believe on a sat eve where he plays this rubbish, sorry, diversified music. He should not be able to inflict it on all the middle if the road cronies like mysel on a weekday afternoon.

(This is not saying that Steve Wright is any good)......just that since his programme started this afternoon he's not played anything near classed as "middle of the road". He did try by playing "Rocking all over the world" by Credence Clearwater Revival ....which is at least better than the Status Quo version.....but that was only because it was on his "cover by a different bruver /muvva" section......

I wonder how long will I'll have to wait for a Beatles/Simon & Garfunkel/Spandau/Oasis or Coldplay track.

Yep,when he came on I went to absolute 80s......otherwise the brushes and roller would be in the van very early
    Rather him than Steve Wright pumping out the same old shitty jokes he was doing thirty years ago and more.
  • Options
    Wasn’t someone who worked for the company who were part of this f*****g disgusting deal trying to defend it on here a while ago?
  • Options

Wasn’t someone who worked for the company who were part of this f*****g disgusting deal trying to defend it on here a while ago?

Come again??
  • Options

Come again??
    He would, but has run out of socks.
  • Options

Should have posted this on the Olympic stadium thread. Blame San Miguel.
  • Options
    Wine bores
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cold feet.
  • Options
    When Brentford's new ground is mentioned, someone has to say "But will there be a pub on every corner?".
  • Options

When Brentford's new ground is mentioned, someone has to say "But will there be a pub on every corner?".

What's the answer?:-)
  • Options
    limeygent said:

Cold feet.

Yours or your partners?
  • Options
    ross1 said:

limeygent said:

Cold feet.

Yours or your partners?
    Hers, they're always cold.
  • Options
    Haven't read the whole thread, so apologies if it's already on here, but footballers chatting with their hands in front of their mouths. Are they discussing state secrets? It looks ridiculous.
  • Options
    It was on Page 473 mate
  • Options
    Blokes that read their phone while taking a piss.
  • Options
    The clammer to equalise the "gender pay gap" and to have more women in certain jobs. It should hd the best person for the role & they command the fee they get.

Radio 2 decided they wanted more women on the daytime airwaves. Disrupted a very good drivetime show by bringing in Jo Whiley to "co-host" with Simon Mayo. Didnt work & was never going to work. Upshot is Simon Mayo is leaving........but Jo Whiley is not doing it on her own but moving back to her original 7pm slot, with a yet un-named person (v likely a women) to take over the drivetime show.

well done the beeb !!! How to alienate your listeners to satisfy a few righteous souls. I'm off to complain that there aren't enough middle aged white men dj'ing in nightclubs & want to equalise the balance.

gah !!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    McBobbin said:

The clammer to equalise the "gender pay gap" and to have more women in certain jobs. It should hd the best person for the role & they command the fee they get.

Radio 2 decided they wanted more women on the daytime airwaves. Disrupted a very good drivetime show by bringing in Jo Whiley to "co-host" with Simon Mayo. Didnt work & was never going to work. Upshot is Simon Mayo is leaving........but Jo Whiley is not doing it on her own but moving back to her original 7pm slot, with a yet un-named person (v likely a women) to take over the drivetime show.

well done the beeb !!! How to alienate your listeners to satisfy a few righteous souls. I'm off to complain that there aren't enough middle aged white men dj'ing in nightclubs & want to equalise the balance.

gah !!!

How dare you stereotype our Golfie in such a manner... :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options

McBobbin said:

gah !!!

:) Bit mean... I just wanted to use that image of I'm totally honest
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

McBobbin said:

gah !!!

:) Bit mean... I just wanted to use that image of I'm totally honest
    He does tick all the boxes though, bless 'im… :wink:
  • Options
    I hardly ever post on my facebook page - last time was earlier tbis year whe I had just heard the tem "gammon" & posted to say that yes, that was me !
  • Options
    edited October 2018
  • Options

gah !!!

I noted last weeks 'Have I got news for you', had a majority of female participants. Jo Brand, Grace Dent and Kiri Pritchard-McLean.

The BBC may have ticked one brief by employing more women, but they completely missed out on the other, i.e. making a program that is funny.

• Options
    Did Jo Brand's contribution consist of her slagging off men?
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Did Jo Brand's contribution consist of her slagging off men?

And telling people she’s overweight. Hilarious stuff.