Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    iainment said:

The people who suddenly turn up at pubs from about now until New Year. Who don't understand pub ettiquette (sp? ).

We get this all summer from (some) holiday makers. Wander into the pub with their take away, sit down to watch the football and then are amazed that you expect them to buy a drink...
  • Options

buckshee said:

When London tonight news tell you about an incident that’s in North London they tell you the actual place when it’s south they just say “south London”

Just aswell coz they can't pronounce Woolidge and Greenidge properly anyway
    *Grinidge

:-)
    Grinnidge :wink:
  • Options
    Trevor Kettle
  • Options
    Going to the pub you have lunch in nearly every day all year and being told there is no table available because of Christmas tourists.

• Options
    The use of the phrase Happy holidays when they really mean happy Christmas but are too American.
  • Options
    Not being able to get a black cab home when you use them all year but it’s ‘holiday season’.

I should have a fucking loyalty card or summat. Wait on the streets one time a year users.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    When you stop and help a member of staff at a local coop and prevent him taking a slap and the stealing £200+ of goods and get this.

Hi Ray. Thanks for helping prevent this in store. The store would have taken the proper measures to get this logged on their side. We will be in touch if we need to. Have a nice day. ^Elliot
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Vegans!
  • Options

People who don't fold back the end of the sellotape!

Yeah my wife hates me because I dont do this
  • Options
    iainment said:

The people who suddenly turn up at pubs from about now until New Year. Who don't understand pub ettiquette (sp? ).

some people might see this as going against pub etiquette but in our modern times it is something that i do: when arriving at a pub nowerdays you are usually confronted with several pumps, most of which you have no idea what they taste like. you could just take pot luck and order a pint of the one that sounds the most promising but what with the rate alcohol prices have been going up and the amount of flowerey crap on offer this kinda of practice for me anyway is not worth the risk. so i do ask if i dont know the beer for a taste. i usually make sure that this is done in a bar that isent crowded with people queuing for a drink but I know back in the day this was not the done thing. Glad that spoons always suggest to try before you buy.
  • Options

iainment said:

some people might see this as going against pub etiquette but in our modern times it is something that i do: when arriving at a pub nowerdays you are usually confronted with several pumps, most of which you have no idea what they taste like. you could just take pot luck and order a pint of the one that sounds the most promising but what with the rate alcohol prices have been going up and the amount of flowerey crap on offer this kinda of practice for me anyway is not worth the risk. so i do ask if i dont know the beer for a taste. i usually make sure that this is done in a bar that isent crowded with people queuing for a drink but I know back in the day this was not the done thing. Glad that spoons always suggest to try before you buy.
    That's not my concern. The one that really winds me up, and it's a relatively new thing, is people forming queues at the bar.
    You don't need to do this competent bar staff know who's next.
  • Options
    T_C_E said:

When you stop and help a member of staff at a local coop and prevent him taking a slap and the stealing £200+ of goods and get this.

Hi Ray. Thanks for helping prevent this in store. The store would have taken the proper measures to get this logged on their side. We will be in touch if we need to. Have a nice day. ^Elliot

I mean that makes me think you've emailed them for some praise, hope it's not the case of course.
  • Options
    iainment said:

iainment said:

That's not my concern. The one that really winds me up, and it's a relatively new thing, is people forming queues at the bar.
    Have to say the bar staff of old who were like air traffic controllers when knowing who was next are not as common anymore. Young people on low wages with little experience seem to be the norm in the more busier pubs.
  • Options
    People trying to be funny through song, like that London Underground song or the mums doing their version of ‘This is me’. Really make my skin crawl.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Dazzler21 said:

T_C_E said:

I mean that makes me think you've emailed them for some praise, hope it's not the case of course.
    Makes me think they are covering their own arses and, as if he didn't do enough in preventing the incident, they are paving the way for harassing him with 20 questions about why he was there and why he did what he did trying to make it seem like he was in the wrong when all he did was help!

Seen these 'corporate' responses before and they wind me up too.

If you're the type of person to jump in and help you will but that sort of bollocks makes you think twice about getting involved. In my opinion.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

T_C_E said:

People in the local store know my dogs and how to contact me.
  • Options

Vegans!

Just curious as to why? How come not ‘self-righteous vegans’ or ‘militant vegans’ or ‘for whatever reason vegans’? We’re not just a homogeneous lump of sameness, we come in a lovely variety of humanity.

• Options
    The adjective 'artisanal'

Although art can indeed be anal I suppose
  • Options
    I have just been watching a programme and it had an artisanal ice cream shop in it.
  • Options
    iainment said:

iainment said:

Yeah, I hate this. I think it's a result of having those service terminals placed on the bar. In the old days there'd be a till (or perhaps even two if you were lucky) placed at the back of the bar. Customers could approach from anywhere and the bar staff would tell them the price, usually added up in their head, take the money and fetch change. Nowadays you have to pay at one of a set number of terminals so everyone ends up jockeying for the same spot. It's worse in pubs where they take food orders on these, and worse still where they have a single dedicated machine to take food orders. That's progress.
  • Options
    The silly cow holding everyone up at Barnehurst Station tea hut this morning cos she was talking about the dangers of Brexit. Same as the rest of them, looked like a sack of shit tied together in the middle. Get out the way some of us have to go to work.
  • Options

I’ve used this one before but as it’s raining I’ll use it again. People with umbrellas. Soon as they hold one they turn into right dickheads. Don’t worry about my eyesight, you just poke me in the eye mate as long as you’re dry.

I tested out my new umbrella this morning......I'm just over 6ft though so I don't think I was doing any eye gouging.
  • Options

I’ve used this one before but as it’s raining I’ll use it again. People with umbrellas. Soon as they hold one they turn into right dickheads. Don’t worry about my eyesight, you just poke me in the eye mate as long as you’re dry.

Worst thing about people with Umbrellas are those that have one that take up the whole pavement

Seriously you dont need one that big!!