Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    Looks like a horse fly or a cleg fly bite. I always get these in the summer and they're bloody annoying. Might be a bit early in the year for them though.
  • Options
    People who don't don't understand how to use key words to do internet searches and after 20 years of googling still think they are on Ask Jeeves. 
  • Options
    The horrible dilemma of watching an absolutely abysmal 'talent' show by and for morons yet which is being presented by Alisha Dixon wearing thigh boots and hot pants. 
    I want to turn it off but I just can't. 
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Playing my snooker game on me phone and my Mrs looking over me shoulder just as the PlayBoy bingo add comes up, twice
  • Options
    Playing my snooker game on me phone and my Mrs looking over me shoylder just as the PlayBoy bingo add comes up, twice
    A similar problem happened to a friend of mine.
  • Options
    There's another ad for a firm called "Wish", who are doing lingerie special deals at the moment, that keeps coming up
  • Options
    Playing my snooker game on me phone and my Mrs looking over me shoulder just as the PlayBoy bingo add comes up, twice
    I take you were going for brown rather than pink at the time.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    The horrible dilemma of watching an absolutely abysmal 'talent' show by and for morons yet which is being presented by Alisha Dixon wearing thigh boots and hot pants. 
    I want to turn it off but I just can't. 
    Not so Idlehands after all.
  • Options
    Other people telling you about their dreams.

It didn't really happen, it's not interesting. 

Yes that's weird, dreams are weird quite often.

Shut up.
  • Options

Shut up.
    Not been on this thread then?

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/83449/dreams-wtf/p1 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Shut up.
    I get this on a daily basis from my Mrs mate, brain numbing stuff
  • Options
    When did man of the match become player of the match?

It’s not mixed doubles FFS!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47183901 
  • Options
    People posting HD photos of their feet on CL, scaring the living daylights out of me on the bus on a Monday morning.
  • Options
    Millenials.

Jesus Christ, what have we created?
  • Options
    The Captcha codes or images that you have to select on website to prove your not a bloody robot
    Sounds like something a robot would say 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Poor Joe Cole was left hanging for ages there.
    Page 37, Chapter 2 of Stan Collymore's "The Dogging Diaries"
  • Options
    Playing PlayBoy Bingo when a snooker as pops up just as the Mrs looks over my shoulder... The shame.
  • Options
    My wife struggles a bit with hyper mobility and in the last few weeks has been suffering with firstly back pain and then in the last few days pain in the hip

She originally went to the Docs about the Back Problem who simply told her to take ibuprofen (she's allergic), thankfully pain has slowly gone away but has been replaced by the hip issue which is really hindering her ability to walk or drive

Went back to the Docs last night about both the back and hip who referred her to both X-Ray and Physio

This morning she's gone along for the X-Ray to be told that the results on her back show that there is nothing wrong (confirming that the pain is coming from the hip) yet that they cant do the second X-Ray because her GP didnt sign it off, a call to Darent Valley Hospital followed from those @ Gravesend Hospital to try and get permission to do the second X-Ray yet arent allowed because its got to come from the GP

So basically my Wife now has to book a second GP appointment and go along for a second X-Ray when had the GP done their job properly in the first instance not only could this have saved a lot of time yet also would have freed up an appointment for someone else!!
  • Options
    My wife struggles a bit with hyper mobility and in the last few weeks has been suffering with firstly back pain and then in the last few days pain in the hip

She originally went to the Docs about the Back Problem who simply told her to take ibuprofen (she's allergic), thankfully pain has slowly gone away but has been replaced by the hip issue which is really hindering her ability to walk or drive

Went back to the Docs last night about both the back and hip who referred her to both X-Ray and Physio

This morning she's gone along for the X-Ray to be told that the results on her back show that there is nothing wrong (confirming that the pain is coming from the hip) yet that they cant do the second X-Ray because her GP didnt sign it off, a call to Darent Valley Hospital followed from those @ Gravesend Hospital to try and get permission to do the second X-Ray yet arent allowed because its got to come from the GP

So basically my Wife now has to book a second GP appointment and go along for a second X-Ray when had the GP done their job properly in the first instance not only could this have saved a lot of time yet also would have freed up an appointment for someone else!!
    Did she try and phone the GP from the hospital ?
  • Options

Did she try and phone the GP from the hospital ?
    Not sure... Gravesend Hospital did it all for her, presume not
  • Options

I had the same problem with my hernia. I saw my doctor and told him I had pain both sides, who confirmed I had a hernia and was sending me for an X-ray When I got to the hospital for my X-ray I was kept waiting for an hour after my appointment time. Eventually when I was called she took about 2 minutes to scan my left side and when I said it was on the right as well, she said the doctor only asked for my left side. I asked again, as it only took a minute could she not just do it and she said no, following GP instructions. I was sent to a small clinic to have the hernia done by keyhole surgery. When they checked, they said I had a double hernia and they could not do them both so I had to go to another hospital for open surgery. This in all took about 18 months, all because the doctor only asked for one side to be scanned
  • Options

I've bored people before with this recommendation, but The Alexander Technique 'cured' me of chronic back pain and Plantar Fasciitis. It's not for everyone, and requires an open mind and an awareness that one is learning a technique from a teacher rather than being a patient waiting to be cured.  
    The Technique is not a 'fad', and is recognised by the BMA as a legitimate treatment for numerous physical ailments including -  after a quick search -  Hypermobility.
    I can, of course, only speak of my experience, but I know that it has improved my physicality immeasurably, my general sense of well-being, not to mention some extraordinary sensations.
    I've just noticed your mention of Gravesend Hospital; my teacher is based in Gravesend, and I travel from Greenwich to see him...
    Good luck.
  • Options
    This Sh!thouse who has parked their motor in front of our fire exit at work...100 plus people trying to get out in the event of a blaze wouldn't be funny...what is wrong with them....?

• Options
    The Captcha codes or images that you have to select on website to prove your not a bloody robot
    Sounds like something a robot would say 
    No, a robot would know it’s ‘you’re’.