Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options

Waking up for a piss @ 6am this morning; my alarm goes off @ 6:30!!

I know I could have stayed up but still went back to bed for 30-mins but its plain wrong when your body gets you up early for that reason!!

I find a carefully controlled fart can relieve a bit of pressure in that area and give you another 15-20 minutes.
    Should have posted earlier... CharltonLife really is a font of knowledge
  • Options
    But if it's not carefully controlled you will then have to change the sheets.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Fkn Amazon. Everytime you Google something you see what you're looking forward and then it all changes and the Amazon paid for crap suddenly appears at the top.

• Options
    adults on fucking scooters - grow up 
    Caught my neighbour in the lift with one, "OMG it's amazing! I get to the station in like half the time" she answered to something along the lines of "what the fuck is that?".

I don't know, these scooters are the perfect fit for people who are happy turning up to work in a suit, 'comfy' trainers and a laptop-rucksack.

• Options
    Adults, on scooters, on the pavement.

Get on the road, with the cyclists. 
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Stuck in traffic along the A2 going towards Blackheath Common on Tuesday and on the other side of the pavement was a bloke on a scooter pushing off with one leg as fast as he could so that he could achieve maximum speed on his child’s scooter. Had clearly dropped his kid off at school and was travelling back on the scooter. Had a massive smile on his face too.

Fair play to him for not clogging up the roads but my god, he looked a bell.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Being told that I would hear back "this week" after an interview on Tuesday. It's now 5:30 on Friday and there is no way I am gonna hear this week. 

Suppose I shouldn't have got my hopes up...
  • Options
    Just realized that Leitrim GAA are playing tomorrow at Croke Park, thought it was Sunday and have to be at work on Monday due to an audit. FFS
  • Options

Agreed... :wink::lol:
  • Options
    People not turning up for interviews. I had 6 arranged for Wednesday and had one cancel the night before (fair enough) but 2 no shows. As if the whole process isn’t time consuming enough, esp when I’m recruiting for two roles!! Grrrr.
  • Options
    People not turning up for interviews. I had 6 arranged for Wednesday and had one cancel the night before (fair enough) but 2 no shows. As if the whole process isn’t time consuming enough, esp when I’m recruiting for two roles!! Grrrr.
    I can see where you get your username from now.
  • Options
    Wine experts or People who think they.  Most boring subject in the world, Yawn
  • Options
    It works the other way as well. Last year I was interviewed for an internal vacancy at my place of work. I named the person prior to the interviews who would get the position. The person who got the job had worked previously for the director of the institution and to be fair was a safe choice but they had to go through the silly charade of a proper interview process. Even more annoying was the fact I had given up a day of my life to play stupid HR games. They  could of, through a third party, given me a message not to waste eithers time.

Then you could have sued them.
  • Options
    It works the other way as well. Last year I was interviewed for an internal vacancy at my place of work. I named the person prior to the interviews who would get the position. The person who got the job had worked previously for the director of the institution and to be fair was a safe choice but they had to go through the silly charade of a proper interview process. Even more annoying was the fact I had given up a day of my life to play stupid HR games. They  could of, through a third party, given me a message not to waste eithers time.

Unfortunately I live in the real world and need my present employment, which isn’t the worse thing to make a living. 
    I know of no one who has gone to court, won and then taken up the role they applied for. It can make working for the same employer a bit difficult to the least.
    Also in the real world my experience is not uncommon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Unfortunately I live in the real world and need my present employment, which isn’t the worse thing to make a living. 
    I know of no one who has gone to court, won and then taken up the role they applied for. It can make working for the same employer a bit difficult to the least.
    Also in the real world my experience is not uncommon.
    Extremely common and incredibly frustrating.
  • Options
    Wine experts or People who think they.  Most boring subject in the world, Yawn
    My sister went to a vineyard in the Sevenoaks area for a tasting do, (friend of her in-laws owns it), so probably is a bit of an expert. He got a tad peed off when she kept describing his wine in terms that he would use. The usual nonsense like summer fruits, citrus, grapefruit, beautiful finish etc.
    She told all experts say the same things about all wine.

• Options
    It must have been said before, but people who measure things in “sleeps”

E.g. 91 sleeps until all our players are out of contract
    Annoying now perhaps but its the only way to count down for Christmas
  • Options
    Attempts of Comedy through song. Nothing more cringe.
    You don't like "My Old Man's a Dustman"?
  • Options
    Looking for something to do tomorrow, first 2 museums we've looked at both closed, till Tuesday. How can a museum be closed over a weekend???? ffs
  • Options
    limeygent said:
    Attempts of Comedy through song. Nothing more cringe.
    You don't like "My Old Man's a Dustman"?
    Truth hurts....
  • Options
    Looking for something to do tomorrow, first 2 museums we've looked at both closed, till Tuesday. How can a museum be closed over a weekend???? ffs
    Staff need a weekend too. 
  • Options
    As of this morning, you’ve only got two more sleeps to wait.