Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    About 7 different things that cost money I don't have happening at the same time (leak in the house, boiler going, car going etc etc).
    Sunderland away
  • Options
    Blocked storm drains.
  • Options
    Someone on the comments section of a bbc story about the next Scotland manager linking Alan Pardew with the job 
  • Options
    Someone on the comments section of a bbc story about the next Scotland manager linking Alan Pardew with the job 
    Alan Partridge would do a better job.
  • Options
    The ornamental cones closing 3 of the 4 lanes on the A2 delaying my journey home. Not a worker to be seen of course 
  • Options
    My car being in for its MOT!!... Hate this time of year
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    My wife being IDd in Tesco, not having any... I offer mine "don't need yours mate". She's 40. Will I ever hear the end of this? Yes! Showed the cashier my driving licence, and threw in "she could be your mum". Lost the battle and the war but by God if I'm going down it'll be in flames

Means nothing without a pic of the two of you standing side by side.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Greenie said:
    Greenie said:
    'Man gives Birth' - GMB story this morning, a film has been made about a transgender person called 'Jason' who was born a women, but now wants to be a man, who has given birth.
    This women still has all her plumbing etc and a bit of a beard, but wants me to suspend belief and facts and consider her a man, so she can make a film about this miracle. Do me a favour.
    Its all getting silly now, the story should be 'Women With Beard Gives Birth'. So no story whatsoever, Chatham is full of 'em.
    But what annoys me even more is that the interviewers are buying into it. And some nobber has made a film about it...I mean what the fuck is going on in the world?
    We are getting old mate... :D  
    Funny enough I was talking to my son last night about Gordon Strachan. 

My son said that he was surprised why Sky should even take the chance of employing 'old' people to summarise or give their opinion about anything.  I of course challenged him (on behalf of 'old' people).  I said, 'What on earth do you mean'?  He just replied, 'Well you know, sooner or later there'll be a lapse back to the old days and all that intemperate language'. 

To be clear he wasn't accusing anyone of being racist or sexist.  He just feels that the nuances of modern day sensitivities are often lost on the straight talking older generation.  It's not so much feelings or intent, its more to do with words and the order we place them in.      
    I hope you sent him to bed without any dinner.
    I would have given him a slap for throwing the word 'intemperate' into a conversation with me.
    I looked it up later ...
    In a dictionary?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    limeygent said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Greenie said:
    Greenie said:
    'Man gives Birth' - GMB story this morning, a film has been made about a transgender person called 'Jason' who was born a women, but now wants to be a man, who has given birth.
    This women still has all her plumbing etc and a bit of a beard, but wants me to suspend belief and facts and consider her a man, so she can make a film about this miracle. Do me a favour.
    Its all getting silly now, the story should be 'Women With Beard Gives Birth'. So no story whatsoever, Chatham is full of 'em.
    But what annoys me even more is that the interviewers are buying into it. And some nobber has made a film about it...I mean what the fuck is going on in the world?

My son said that he was surprised why Sky should even take the chance of employing 'old' people to summarise or give their opinion about anything.  I of course challenged him (on behalf of 'old' people).  I said, 'What on earth do you mean'?  He just replied, 'Well you know, sooner or later there'll be a lapse back to the old days and all that intemperate language'. 

To be clear he wasn't accusing anyone of being racist or sexist.  He just feels that the nuances of modern day sensitivities are often lost on the straight talking older generation.  It's not so much feelings or intent, its more to do with words and the order we place them in.      
    I would have given him a slap for throwing the word 'intemperate' into a conversation with me.
    I looked it up later ...
    In a dictionary?
    Sorry, I'm a few pages behind.

• Options
    limeygent said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Greenie said:
    Greenie said:

I looked it up later ...
    In a dictionary?
    Yes, albeit on line.

having or showing a lack of self-control; immoderate.

synonyms:immoderate, excessive, undue, inordinate, unreasonable, unjustified, unwarranted, uncalled for;
  • Options

All the "best ever finish to a season" / "haven't won at xxxx for 40 years" bollox.

Sky just lauding over Bournemouth having a chance for their "best ever points total in the Premier League". How many years have they been in the PL exactly......4  ??    5  ??

So, say their first season they finish on 38 points, the next season they might finish on 40 and so they will have broken their "best ever points tally "....... whoopee do.

• Options
    It's official: I now hate the BBC more than Big Rob.  I used to love them, but in my estimations they are going down faster than a hooker in a diver's belt.

Tonight's annoyance. The snooker. Now, I realise they have no control over the match. If it's all a bit one sided, it's going to finish early. We all know that, but at least line up a decent replacement. What self-respecting snooker fan is going to have the slightest interest in watching Greg Wallace showing us how they make teabags in one long glorified advert for Ty-Phoo? Pathetic.
  • Options
    City throwing the title away
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Bet it annoys others when they do it and am sure MrOneLung will agree but it really annoys me when I post prematurely and make myself look silly ;)
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Bet it annoys others when they do it and am sure MrOneLung will agree but it really annoys me when I post prematurely and make myself look silly ;)
    Im referring to the Brighton game....
  • Options
    Media telling me, I'm drooling over the latest Royal baby and having chunks of cash on its name being "Alan" , when in reality none of us give a shit ! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    People who write ‘online’ as two separate words.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Stig said:
    It's official: I now hate the BBC more than Big Rob.  I used to love them, but in my estimations they are going down faster than a hooker in a diver's belt.

Tonight's annoyance. The snooker. Now, I realise they have no control over the match. If it's all a bit one sided, it's going to finish early. We all know that, but at least line up a decent replacement. What self-respecting snooker fan is going to have the slightest interest in watching Greg Wallace showing us how they make teabags in one long glorified advert for Ty-Phoo? Pathetic.
    Didn’t know you had such an issue with Big Rob (edited to say now see this is a common gag and must try harder or faster)
  • Options
    Liverpool going through. 
  • Options
    The OTT fuss being made over Liverpool beating Barcelona in a football match. Cracking game, terrific come back but it's Liverpool we're talking about not Lincoln. Does it really justify being the lead item on the news and front pages..? 
  • Options
    I swear I saw Gregg Wallace in a wig on the train the other day.  I mean it could have just been another chubby bald bloke in a bad wig... But it really really looked like Gregg Wallace, I was convinced it was him.