Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• LenGlover said:

Reels of sellotape.

Why is it that you can never find the end of them when you are in a desperate hurry to catch the post or wrap a present before the recipient appears?

Buy one of those heavy dispenser things - got one in wilkinsons last year for just over a quid and present wrapping is now almost a pleasure.

• Wrapping christmas presents in general. Thank christ for gift bags.
  • Stig said:

People (invariably women) who send Christmas cards with glitter on. Just opened one and got glitter all over the table next to my camera lenses. Not happy.

The missus was at a carol concert earlier so I thought I'd take the opportunity to wrap up her presents as the place was empty. I'd paid a fortune for some fancy wrapping paper, little realising that the stuff was literally covered with the loosest glitter I've ever seen. They must have sprinkled it on and hoped for the best as it is everywhere...all over the table and floor, on every item of clothing I'm wearing, up the walls, over the sofa, fecking everywhere.

The worst of it is, I should have washed my hands before I went for a pee, if you know what I mean...
  • Onesies

Selfies

All the other "ies" and the people who used them....

Wankies
  • My arse. Sitting on the bog still shitting out last nights chicken dhansak.
  • My arse. Sitting on the bog still shitting out last nights chicken dhansak.

My arse is being equally unkind today. That said, I have antagonised it by having a lamb phaal on a school night

• Delivery men who phone to say they are banging on your front door, who don't believe you when you say you clearly aren't as you are standing at your front door.

Does make me laugh that some twerp from Milton Keynes thinks he knows where I live better than I do !
  • Ps. They were at an address 3 miles away
  • Not uncommon mate on the last Friday before Christmas to end up at the wrong place of abode after a final drink with workmates and catching the last train home, just have another look to make sure it's your house :0)
  • The Mrs starting to smoke again 2 years after giving up. We've got a 5 month old so no money at the moment with maternity etc, it's expensive, not good for the baby or the Mrs, and she's got the physical addiction out of her system.

Stupid.
  • Sponsored links:

• Christmas or rather everyone being friendly at Christmas, people who hardly say a word to you then in late December full of bonhomie want to wish you a happy Christmas, give you cards, even suggest a Christmas drink, try being nice for the rest of the year! Phuck off!
  • The Ashes
    A two team tournament played every two years by one country who's history and population dwarfs the other nation and when England win, the press go mad like we won the Football World Cup. It's a insignificant shitty little minority sport tournament, stop wanking about it !
    Oh yes and the trophy is utter toilet too!
  • SISS on the match thread, give it up.

• That chump George Clarke being on the box and the remote control being just out of arms reach. Ffs
  • Bad things happening to good people.
  • Arses who park across your drive
  • Arses who park across your drive

You must have some big old women where you live.
  • Yeah, but there's always a space or three for my bikes.
  • People who don't bag as they go when using self service checkouts.
  • The whole coffee thing: silly cafés everywhere, coffee 'to go'', sheep-people walking around with coffee in cardboard cups.

The increasing number of shite drivers who stop at a roundabout when they don't need to.

Drivers who indicate to pull out when you're on their shoulder. What happened to mirror, signal, manoeuvre?

"Happy Holidays" everybody!
  • Sponsored links:

• shop assistants that scan, ask for and take money... then chuck a plastic bag at you at once the whole process is done.

People who don't bag as they go when using self service checkouts.

• I think you should take some sort of aptitude test to use those self-service checkouts. For everyone who goes through no dramas there are twenty who are too stupid to use them
  • Carter said:

I think you should take some sort of aptitude test to use those self-service checkouts. For everyone who goes through no dramas there are twenty who are too stupid to use them

or frightened like me.
  • LenGlover said:

Incorrect pluralising of surnames.

It's Cliff Richard not Cliff Richards and, closer to home, Callum Harriott not Callum Harriotts!

That's unlikely to be pluralising and more just adding an extraneous "s", unless these folk are chatting about multiple Cliffs.
  • is the plural of Cliff Richard (please god no!) Cliffs Richard then?
  • edited December 2013
    IdleHans said:

is the plural of Cliff's Richards (please god no!) Cliff's Richard the thirds, then?

Can you see what I did there?
  • The arsehole man from Argos who phoned at 8:30 this morning when I had only been in bed for four hours after finishing work! I told him to eff off,only made me feel slightly better.
  • Putting together a Spider-Man bike for my 3 year old boy for Xmas only to have one of the pedals not fit as the thread is bust . Not in stock so unlikely to get a replacement in time.
  • MrOneLung said:

Putting together a Spider-Man bike for my 3 year old boy for Xmas only to have one of the pedals not fit as the thread is bust . Not in stock so unlikely to get a replacement in time.

That spider thread is meant to be stronger than steel as well.
  • You have cheered me up Stig. Cheers.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!