Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• DRAddick said:

Hotel rooms where you need to use the key to switch on the electricity. Sod the environment, sometimes I want to leave things charging when I go out.

Bit of folded up paper or card works.

• Riviera said:

Tube stations that advertise themselves on the map as being on more than one line and then having to walk the best part of a mile to get from the Jubilee to Bakerloo etc....

Green Park is one of the biggest nuisances... the walk from one line (Jubilee to the Piccadilly I think) takes bloody forever
  • edited December 2013
    Riviera said:

Tube stations that advertise themselves on the map as being on more than one line and then having to walk the best part of a mile to get from the Jubilee to Bakerloo etc....

This used to get me about Bank/Monument which was described in the past as joined by an "Escalator Link" giving the impression it was just like being on two floors of a department store, instead one station is a full SAS yomp away from the other.
  • Get a black cab. Support the trade :D
  • tv chefs....you wait we will now have 2 weeks worth of programmes about how to get rid of the xmas left overs!
  • australian cricket fans....suddenly there are some !
  • anyone showing bad manners on a commuter train ...this can be ...but not limited to

not giving up your seat for someone who needs it more than you
    not moving to the inside seat to make it easier for the next person to sit down
    taking up more than one seat
    eating on a crowded train ..especially burgers/kebabs
    drinking hot beverages that could injure someone if you dropped them
    smelling generally
    taking a bicycle on a train ...ride the thing!
    noisy earphones
    people that think its ok to not take off a rucksack on a crowded train and smack into anyone when they turn around
    noisy phone tones
    phone conversations

happy new year

• Constant snipey digs at the board by people who apparently mean more to the club than players and the manager.
    lolwray said:

anyone showing bad manners on a commuter train ...this can be ...but not limited to

smelling generally
    noisy earphones
    people that think its ok to not take off a rucksack on a crowded train and smack into anyone when they turn around
    noisy phone tones
    phone conversations

happy new year

add to that, standing by the fucking doors not letting people on or off easily.
  • edited December 2013
    Riviera said:

http://www.tubeexits.co.uk/

All Charlton fans should have this :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2014
    Breaking down with a flat tyre in the middle of nowhere, in the pouring rain, on New Years Day night in Gloucestershire and having to drive on a spacesaver spare for 160 miles which, for those who may not know, means you cannot exceed 50 MPH. Hard to do on motorways when there is not much traffic.

Got home knackered eventually at 3am.

Why can't we have proper spare tyres anymore?
  • Begging adverts that are constantly on the TV.
  • Having the house to yourself, settling down with your Walking Dead Season 1-3 Box Set and after 20mins of not having clue what is going on and getting annoyed, suddenly working out you have put disc 1 from season 3 in!
  • Having the house to yourself, settling down with your Walking Dead Season 1-3 Box Set and after 20mins of not having clue what is going on and getting annoyed, suddenly working out you have put disc 1 from season 3 in!

Enjoy ! love that show
  • Having a pissed 20 odd year old knock on your door at 1.00 am on 2 January asking if he could possibly use your phone as he was having a problem with his car. After half an hour he managed to get someone to pick him up and to be fair offered me a score for the inconvenience which I turned down (Christ we've all been there) and in any event I didn't want him driving in the state he was in.

Just about to go to bed when the doorbell rings again. This time it's old bill! Apparently the problem he had with his car was that it was on it's roof about a quarter of a mile away him having flipped it whilst talking to his girlfriend on the phone. There then followed statements, OB going through my phone log to see who he had called etc, etc and eventually hitting my pit at around 3.00 am with of course work this morning!

Sod being a good samaritan!
  • Booking trains for Leeds then discovering it's an FA Cup weekend, God damn it.
  • The way Adrian Chiles has wormed his way back onto 5Live.
  • Thinking if general things that annoy me, hen forgetting them when I'm on Charlton Life. Had a corker yesterday ffs
  • At the moment - CAFC.
    Why? They haven't put the flumes and diving boards in at the valley yet!
    Sack the board and bring in Tom Daly and The Hoff!
  • RedPanda said:

Booking trains for Leeds then discovering it's an FA Cup weekend, God damn it.

They're out and we don't really do cups do we! So you may be alright.

• Sponsored links:

lolwray said:

anyone showing bad manners on a commuter train ...this can be ...but not limited to

smelling generally
    noisy earphones
    noisy phone tones
    phone conversations

happy new year

add to that, standing by the fucking doors not letting people on or off easily.
    You are not alone. https://www.facebook.com/notokcommuter
  • Football forums with no football to moan about.
  • The cyclist that run the red light tonight who came within an inch of knocking some old dorris over.

Was nice to see the blue lights go on behind me and the police get after him :D
  • Pretty much everything at the moment.
  • Pretty much everything at the moment.

Chin up AUN pal

• Wasn't best pleased with the woman who sat next to me on the train home from work tonight and 2 minutes into the journey puked up all over the seat and the floor in front. Most uncomfortable journey home in a long while. The brand new suit I was wearing for the first ever time today has to go into the cleaners now.

And for the fat old boy in who sat in front of me in the north lower tonight with the huge, white, unfeasibly-pointy, bobble hat. Why don't you see if you can get an even bigger, pointier hat with a bigger, fluffier bobble on it next time you go to Charlton? If we have any more first-halves like the one tonight you'll be doing the poor sod behind you a huge favour.
  • People that use the word LAD.

Especially on social media when someone does something funny and you get a comment like banterLAD or DadLAD

• Sitting in a meeting and people keep saying HD. But they pronounce the H wrong. The letter is spelt AITCH. there's no H on the beginning. It sounds childish when people say HAITCH. It's a general thing that bothers me.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Sitting in a meeting and people keep saying HD. But they pronounce the H wrong. The letter is spelt AITCH. there's no H on the beginning. It sounds childish when people say HAITCH. It's a general thing that bothers me.

What? Pronouncing HD like 'haitch-dee'? Very strange indeed...
  • Going to google something and forgetting what it was you wanted to look up.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!