Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• They aren’t old bill tho are they? When they try and talk to you just do a runner or pretend you’re deaf.
  • edited July 18
    They aren’t old bill tho are they? When they try and talk to you just do a runner or pretend you’re deaf.
    Love to have a bit of that in me, though I did tell them to piss off.
    They said they will get the police. I couldn't handle all that hassle. I was waiting for as always a running late bus, hence why I took my phone out to look at the time.
  • They aren’t old bill tho are they? When they try and talk to you just do a runner or pretend you’re deaf.
    This.

the ones outside Farringdon station trying to do everyone for things karim described as well as people flicking fags etc get told to get fucked on a regular basis. I’ve also seen people not involved at all telling people about to hand over their details to tell them to do one 
  • edited July 18
    They aren’t old bill tho are they? When they try and talk to you just do a runner or pretend you’re deaf.
    Love to have a bit of that in me, though I did tell them to piss off.
    They said they will get the police. I couldn't handle all that hassle. I was waiting for as always a running late bus, hence why I took my phone out to look at the time, to go see my mum in a care home. 
    Yeah the old ‘we will get the police’ sounds like a scare tactic. Whilst I don’t agree with littering of any kind, these people are arseholes with no doubt unrealistic targets from local councils. A polite fuck off and carry on walking, then record them harassing you. I’m pretty sure if you enter a building they can’t follow you in.
  • Should of just ignored them till my bus turned up. Always with hindsight me. 
  • Thanks for the advice. 
    Will possibly go and contest it but it's not a good time for me to have another thing to deal with. 

Next issue that some might be able to advise me on.
    My dad has a bamboo plant in his garden. Been there for 20 odd years when the house was built and as far as I'm aware it's a non invasive species. It shoots up a few stems every summer which I then have to cut down.
    The neighbours have seen a piece in the news about invasive bamboos on the news recently and suspects my dad's one is. They want it removed as they believe (thanks to some news piece) that its roots will or have got under their patio and the shared garage. They sent a letter through the door about it. I'm not really sure how to deal with it.
     We don't really get along with the neighbours which doesn't help. Due to their formal letter (with photos of a piece of patio up, which is similar to a piece of patio in our garden but not because of roots its because of it being badly laid down in the first place) rather than an "alright, what's going on with this bamboo" kind of chat to sort it out amicably. 

Probably should put this over to that gardening thread but on my phone can't find it. 
  • Work colleague had his phone nicked (ripped out of his hand whilst he was on a call) at the weekend by a north London yoof on an e-bike. 
    He rang the old bill to get his crime number and to tell them that his ‘find my iPhone’ is telling him it’s at #12 Wisteria gardens* and they say they’re not allowed to go around there without a warrant which won’t get granted based on this evidence and they strongly urge him not to go there either and to just claim on the insurance (he didn’t have)….yikes…..

*not actual address, please don’t go all vigilante
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks for the advice. 
    Will possibly go and contest it but it's not a good time for me to have another thing to deal with. 

My dad has a bamboo plant in his garden. Been there for 20 odd years when the house was built and as far as I'm aware it's a non invasive species. It shoots up a few stems every summer which I then have to cut down.
    The neighbours have seen a piece in the news about invasive bamboos on the news recently and suspects my dad's one is. They want it removed as they believe (thanks to some news piece) that its roots will or have got under their patio and the shared garage. They sent a letter through the door about it. I'm not really sure how to deal with it.
     We don't really get along with the neighbours which doesn't help. Due to their formal letter (with photos of a piece of patio up, which is similar to a piece of patio in our garden but not because of roots its because of it being badly laid down in the first place) rather than an "alright, what's going on with this bamboo" kind of chat to sort it out amicably. 

Probably should put this over to that gardening thread but on my phone can't find it. 
    Tell them to get fucked as well

them sending a letter means absolutely nothing 

• edited July 18
  • Fumbluff said:
    Work colleague had his phone nicked (ripped out of his hand whilst he was on a call) at the weekend by a north London yoof on an e-bike. 
    He rang the old bill to get his crime number and to tell them that his ‘find my iPhone’ is telling him it’s at #12 Wisteria gardens* and they say they’re not allowed to go around there without a warrant which won’t get granted based on this evidence and they strongly urge him not to go there either and to just claim on the insurance (he didn’t have)….yikes…..

Every day I see it up here. Usually doing 2-3 in one swoop. Haven't seen any today mind. Old Bill will do the same with your nicked car. You tell them it's showing as being behind a set of gates and they will say they can't do anything. Great deterrent. 
  • Fumbluff said:
    Work colleague had his phone nicked (ripped out of his hand whilst he was on a call) at the weekend by a north London yoof on an e-bike. 

Every day I see it up here. Usually doing 2-3 in one swoop. Haven't seen any today mind. Old Bill will do the same with your nicked car. You tell them it's showing as being behind a set of gates and they will say they can't do anything. Great deterrent. 
    It’s mental*

*please read a different word if easily offended
  • Thanks for the advice. 

Tell them to get fucked as well

them sending a letter means absolutely nothing 

They just trying to get their patio relaid at your expense? 
  • Fumbluff said:

Tell them if they won’t do anything you’ll be there in 10 minutes with a gun to get it yourself, they’ll soon be round there 
  • Fumbluff said:

Tell them if they won’t do anything you’ll be there in 10 minutes with a gun to get it yourself, they’ll soon be round there 
    Or just an anonymous call to say they have guns, drugs and possibly explosives there and get the cunts raided at least 
  • The new plastic bottle tops that are attached to the bottles. Understand why it’s been done but they’re a f*****g pain in the arse.
    Look Dave stop clogging up my advice thread with your bullshit about bottle tops..
    Oi, give him a break.
    Hes in training for his new gig as a Covered End steward. 😉
  • Sponsored links:

• T_C_E said:
    The new plastic bottle tops that are attached to the bottles. Understand why it’s been done but they’re a f*****g pain in the arse.
    Look Dave stop clogging up my advice thread with your bullshit about bottle tops..
    Oi, give him a break.
    Hes in training for his new gig as an uncovered  rear end steward. 😉

• Fumbluff said:
    Fumbluff said:

It’s mental*

How can you read a different word, when the word used is right there in yer face?

Can I have your address, I’d like to write you a letter of complaint;)
  • Fumbluff said:
    Fumbluff said:

It’s mental*

I spoke too soon. Just see my 1st of the day on deptford high street. 
  • Fumbluff said:

He should get his local MP involved. 
  • Jane McDonald. Has she got her own TV channel?
  • edited July 19
    Jane McDonald. Has she got her own TV channel?
    I think its just been renamed U&Jane.
  • Her programmes alternate with Susan Calmans Day Out, Susan Calmans Fabulous Day Trip, Susan Calmans ............ 
  • iaitch said:
    Her programmes alternate with Susan Calmans Day Out, Susan Calmans Fabulous Day Trip, Susan Calmans ............ 

Yes, I noticed that. Susan Calman's programme used to be good, but it's now the same old same old.
  • edited July 19
    iaitch said:
    Her programmes alternate with Susan Calmans Day Out, Susan Calmans Fabulous Day Trip, Susan Calmans ............ 

Yes, I noticed that. Susan Calman's programme used to be good, but it's now the same old same old.
    Nice work if you can get it though, get paid to drive around the UK to a few nice places, see the sights etc and throw in the odd comment to camera.
  • My wife. Decides to jet wash the pergola this afternoon which is right next to the patio i finished pointing this morning. No rhyme or reason ffs
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!