Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Just to finish this debate with you cafcdave123, I was not saying people should not smoke, it is a free world, just wondered, with all the medical problems, WHY?

I will say no more, no doubt others are getting bored. It good for you that you are back with your mrs
  • I’m deliberately not replying to anyone directly but how much does other people smoking actually affect anyone nowadays?

you can’t smoke indoors anywhere public so surely pollution/effects on the environment, driving is far worse ?
    Have to say i
    notice when on holiday in Europe how many more people seem to smoke generally. Maybe perception only but feels more. 

I also seem to notice the sad Brits who seem to need to immediately smoke  on landing at the European  airport as soon as it is allowable. 
  • ross1 said:
    Just to finish this debate with you cafcdave123, I was not saying people should not smoke, it is a free world, just wondered, with all the medical problems, WHY?

I will say no more, no doubt others are getting bored. It good for you that you are back with your mrs
    Totally get what you’re saying mate, that’s why I didn’t want to come back with my original question as if I was pulling anyone up for their opinion 
  • When you can have a tasty fruity vape I do wonder why people still smoke. My mates do and it’s rank. The taste and the smell, fucking awful. 

I used to have a clicky double menthol back in the day, that was bearable. I go on holiday with pals and they are up before breakfast after a session having a fag 🤢 minging.
  • Solidgone said:
    The little tabs on food packaging for opening things like ham, bacon etc that just tear off, what’s the fucking point 
    One of my pet hates and I have zero patience with any packaging that takes time to get into. My daughter always makes a point of saying to my wife "I'm guessing Dad opened this" when she takes something out of the cupboard/fridge with destroyed packing.
    Agree. But the worse offenders seem to be boxes of cling film or tin foil. 

No way does the box open and last to tear against the serated edge for many occasions. 
    Agree, some of my boxes of cling film, have been totally destroyed! 

Is there a “Cling Film” Superhero, who can fix the F…ing stuff?
    I have this machine and it’s excellent. All your clingfilm frustrations will instantly disappear.

Nearly 50 quid ! 

I will remain angry 🙂
    I’m with you.
  • Advertising, it’s fucking everywhere. No place is sacred. Every available space is taken up by ads!

Every time I go on YouTube, you have ads before the video, during the video and at the fucking end.

Advertising is ruining life!

https://youtu.be/tHEOGrkhDp0?si=fu8aorbefXLBVYH0

• Advertising, it’s fucking everywhere. No place is sacred. Every available space is taken up by ads!

Every time I go on YouTube, you have ads before the video, during the video and at the fucking end.

here you go!

Rid the world of your evil machinations…..

I miss Bill and wonder what he would have made of the modern world. 
  • Getting a £100 fine for littering when I pulled my phone out of my pocket and a tiny piece of paper drops to the floor without me realising. 

• Sponsored links:

• IdleHans said:
    Advertising, it’s fucking everywhere. No place is sacred. Every available space is taken up by ads!

here you go!

😾😹
  • Solidgone said:
    The little tabs on food packaging for opening things like ham, bacon etc that just tear off, what’s the fucking point 
    One of my pet hates and I have zero patience with any packaging that takes time to get into. My daughter always makes a point of saying to my wife "I'm guessing Dad opened this" when she takes something out of the cupboard/fridge with destroyed packing.

No way does the box open and last to tear against the serated edge for many occasions. 

I have this machine and it’s excellent. All your clingfilm frustrations will instantly disappear.

Nearly 50 quid ! 

I will remain angry 🙂
    This might help a little - when you open the cling film, you’re supposed to fold in the ends of the box so that the roll is held in place. 

The owner of the video decides where the ads go and how many breaks there are. YouTube is not exactly generous with what they pay the creators which is why there are so many ad breaks.  
  • JJiMMy 85 said:
    Solidgone said:

Nearly 50 quid ! 

I will remain angry 🙂
    This might help a little - when you open the cling film, you’re supposed to fold in the ends of the box so that the roll is held in place. 
    I do that all the time, makes no difference.
  • Getting a draft set of sale particulars from the estate agent for my review and amendment only to find they've already whacked it on Rightmove with a material floor plan error, disappointingly worded narrative and a wood burner described as an open fireplace. Planks.
  • IdleHans said:
    Getting a draft set of sale particulars from the estate agent for my review and amendment only to find they've already whacked it on Rightmove with a material floor plan error, disappointingly worded narrative and a wood burner described as an open fireplace. Planks.
    They are estate agents what else do you expect? Havens of chancers, scumbags and general villainy. I'm sure there may be decent ones out there. I am yet to meet them 
  • Carter said:
    IdleHans said:
    Getting a draft set of sale particulars from the estate agent for my review and amendment only to find they've already whacked it on Rightmove with a material floor plan error, disappointingly worded narrative and a wood burner described as an open fireplace. Planks.
    They are estate agents what else do you expect? Havens of chancers, scumbags and general villainy. I'm sure there may be decent ones out there. I am yet to meet them 
    I shall be redrafting their descriptive nonsense and insisting they use my words, not those of an intern who just wants to fuck off home on a Friday afternoon.

I have met ONE good agent, who was acting for the seller when I bought the place. Sadly she has since retired or I'd have gone back to her.
  • The day before our summer holiday, always a stressful time as we both usually work right up until the day we go and trying to remember and pack everything is always tough. Didn’t help when I realised the prescription for my blood test strips I picked up on Wednesday was the wrong type. Sorted after a panicked call to the chemist but still involved going to collect it. My wife and I never argue or get arsey with each other but we’ve come close today. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Been away with my wife's family for a week and whilst overall we've had a nice time there are so many things that have pissed me off.

- the fact that we seem to spend most of the time parenting 6 other adults who frankly take the piss.
    - my wife's sisters toxic man child husband who is a deadbeat dad.
    - her self absorbed, entitled younger brother. Who won't input into anything but will bitch and moan all day about it.
    - that both her siblings and their partners take the absolute piss out of their parents for money and that we get dragged down to their level as the only way to not end up paying way over the odds for our share of everything.
    - that her sister won't take their 1 year old to their room for a nap but will insist he naps on the sofa in the only communal space in our air bnb so for 2 spells of up to 2 hours a day we all have to sit in absolute silence. No telly, no music no talking. Can't even cook. God forbid you sneeze. Went out as much as possible at these times but given the weather in Devon has been shite there's only so many walks in the rain you can do.

God I can't wait to be home.
    I'd turn into the incredible hulk if that happened to me, such would be the anger
  • Been away with my wife's family for a week and whilst overall we've had a nice time there are so many things that have pissed me off.

- the fact that we seem to spend most of the time parenting 6 other adults who frankly take the piss.
    - her self absorbed, entitled younger brother. Who won't input into anything but will bitch and moan all day about it.
    - that both her siblings and their partners take the absolute piss out of their parents for money and that we get dragged down to their level as the only way to not end up paying way over the odds for our share of everything.
    - that her sister won't take their 1 year old to their room for a nap but will insist he naps on the sofa in the only communal space in our air bnb so for 2 spells of up to 2 hours a day we all have to sit in absolute silence. No telly, no music no talking. Can't even cook. God forbid you sneeze. Went out as much as possible at these times but given the weather in Devon has been shite there's only so many walks in the rain you can do.

You sound like you've had a nice time.

😆🤫
  • People who are late!
  • Attracting Conspiracy Theorists like a magnet. They won't leave me alone.

• Attracting Conspiracy Theorists like a magnet. They won't leave me alone.

Whats your opinion on the fact that the Moon landing was recorded in a studio... Seeing that the world is pretty flat?
  • Sitting through a 2 hour film knowing it was going to have an ending that was going to be a complete anti-climax that didn't end the story only for it to have an ending that was a complete anti-climax that didn't end the story.

Booked in again next year?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!