Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Been away with my wife's family for a week and whilst overall we've had a nice time there are so many things that have pissed me off.

- the fact that we seem to spend most of the time parenting 6 other adults who frankly take the piss.
    - my wife's sisters toxic man child husband who is a deadbeat dad.
    - her self absorbed, entitled younger brother. Who won't input into anything but will bitch and moan all day about it.
    - that both her siblings and their partners take the absolute piss out of their parents for money and that we get dragged down to their level as the only way to not end up paying way over the odds for our share of everything.
    - that her sister won't take their 1 year old to their room for a nap but will insist he naps on the sofa in the only communal space in our air bnb so for 2 spells of up to 2 hours a day we all have to sit in absolute silence. No telly, no music no talking. Can't even cook. God forbid you sneeze. Went out as much as possible at these times but given the weather in Devon has been shite there's only so many walks in the rain you can do.

God I can't wait to be home.
    We're in Devon too, weather's been naff hasn't it?

One beach day and then we've been finding a lot of indoor things!
  • edited July 27
    Been away with my wife's family for a week and whilst overall we've had a nice time there are so many things that have pissed me off.

- the fact that we seem to spend most of the time parenting 6 other adults who frankly take the piss.
    - her self absorbed, entitled younger brother. Who won't input into anything but will bitch and moan all day about it.
    - that both her siblings and their partners take the absolute piss out of their parents for money and that we get dragged down to their level as the only way to not end up paying way over the odds for our share of everything.
    - that her sister won't take their 1 year old to their room for a nap but will insist he naps on the sofa in the only communal space in our air bnb so for 2 spells of up to 2 hours a day we all have to sit in absolute silence. No telly, no music no talking. Can't even cook. God forbid you sneeze. Went out as much as possible at these times but given the weather in Devon has been shite there's only so many walks in the rain you can do.

Yeah awful. Next week is meant to be good though. Once we've gone home.

Managed a day surfing and a beach day with some kayaking... 

Good thing it wasn't nice weather as we were the only one's out of 8 adults who brought suncream (also toothpaste, toiletries, jumpers, coats - whilst also having the smallest amount of space to bring things) don't mind sharing but we buy a fancy one that's good for my sensitive skin and is really expensive so having 8 adults and a one year old clean us out of a years supply of it is a bit frustrating.
  • Been away with my wife's family for a week and whilst overall we've had a nice time there are so many things that have pissed me off.

Yeah awful. Next week is meant to be good though.

Good thing it wasn't nice weather as we were the only one's out of 8 adults who brought suncream (also toothpaste, toiletries, jumpers, coats - whilst also having the smallest amount of space to bring things) don't mind sharing but we buy a fancy one that's good for my sensitive skin and is really expensive so having 8 adults and a one year old clean us out of a years supply of it is a bit frustrating.
    I'm down in Cornwall at the end of the week, so that will be nice :)

You not giving away your sensitive sun screen and not rubbing on your extended family is controlling behaviour on your part. 

I had no idea there were no shops in Devon? Seriously though, what a nightmare bunch they sound, you are a saint mate because they would have washed my hands of them after about 24 hours, especially the entitled mother of the 2 year old. I would have been practicing the bugle until she took the little ‘un to the bedroom… 😂
  • edited July 27
    Had an engineer booked yesterday betwen 12 and 6 to service my alarm.

Guy called me at 10 and said he could do it now, said ok and he said he'd get here in 20 minutes.

40 minutes later I called him, says his office rang and gave him another job to do.

I asked well why didn't you call me and let me know, 'I was busy' was his reply.

Rang the office and explained things and told them to rearrange the appointment and not with this engineer which they did.

With that the bloke turns up, told him I'd cancelled the appointment.

'Why' he asked, told him I didn't like his attitude.

'What attitude' he says.

All he had to do was call and say he was coming later but he didn't seem to think he had to do that. 

I had no idea there were no shops in Devon? Seriously though, what a nightmare bunch they sound, you are a saint mate because they would have washed my hands of them after about 24 hours, especially the entitled mother of the 2 year old. I would have been practicing the bugle until she took the little ‘un to the bedroom… 😂
    Don't get me started on shops. The only place we found that was large enough for all of us and had a hot tub (certain family members refused to come without it) was out in the middle of no where. Lovely setting but at least half an hour to the nearest supermarket. We knew from previous experience that if we didn't sort it out it would be chaos with no plan and having to go to the shops every day. So set up an online shop for the day we got there, laid put a meal plan asked for people to give suggestions and request what they wanted. We did the majority of the work and got everything they asked for and more. Yet all we got was moaning "you didn't get this or that" well you had the opportunity to input to it and you didn't. Entitled brother is vegan so we even went to the effort of speaking to him separately and asking him for what he would like as alternatives to the meals we had. Again brought all the overpriced vegan fake meats he asked for only to be met with "you didn't get me vegan butter, you didn't get me that..." well you didn't fucking ask for it. I flatly refused to go back to the shops (other than one time when I was already out and passing) but that caused issues. I still ended up cooking every night and doing the majority of the clean up. 

It's the entitlement of it that really grates on me, the sister just going into our room and opening drawers to find my wife's jumpers because she didn't bring any (can maybe forgive her that to a certain extent as she does have a kid and deadbeat man child husband to look after). Her asking my wife to borrow bras was a step too far though. Went to one of those nice fudge shops whilst out and about. Bought 3 lots of fudge. 1 to enjoy, 1 for my wife's work 1 for my work as gifts. First box was put on the coffee table and consumed by the waste of space husband within about 20 mins. Other 2 were put in our room to take home with us but somehow magically found their way out into the communal spaces less than a day later and were both consumed before we saw. Fucking liberty.

We only got 2 days of semi decent weather but Deadbeat dad/waste of space husband decided to miss his sons first trip to the beach so that he could watch the end of the tour de France. Then threw a strop that we wouldn't go back to the beach the next day in the pouring rain because he wanted to recreate what he missed. Other days when we had stuff planned and we're trying to get excursions planned around his kids nap times he refused to get out of bed and then wouldn't leave without a fry up first (which I ended up cleaning up 🙃 ) so by the time he was ready to leave it was baby's nap time and the whole day's plan was out the window.

How I didn't blow up I will never know!

Anyway rant over. Home tomorrow.
  • Just easier to go abroad innit
  • Sponsored links:

• I'd go away on your own next time mate!
  • Just easier to go abroad innit
    That way everyone gets a siesta and Canters doesn't get an excuse to selfishly deny the niblings of their beauty sleep. ;)
  • It is OK to disown your family and that of your wife,you know!
  • AFC Wimbledon. A pisspot club with no history, no silverware and a dissolutioned fan base.
  • PopIcon said:
    AFC Wimbledon. A pisspot club with no history, no silverware and a dissolutioned fan base.
    Didn’t they beat Liverpool in a cup final?
  • PopIcon said:
    AFC Wimbledon. A pisspot club with no history, no silverware and a dissolutioned fan base.
    That was the club now known as MK Dons.

Don't get me started on shops. The only place we found that was large enough for all of us and had a hot tub (certain family members refused to come without it) was out in the middle of no where. Lovely setting but at least half an hour to the nearest supermarket. We knew from previous experience that if we didn't sort it out it would be chaos with no plan and having to go to the shops every day. So set up an online shop for the day we got there, laid put a meal plan asked for people to give suggestions and request what they wanted. We did the majority of the work and got everything they asked for and more. Yet all we got was moaning "you didn't get this or that" well you had the opportunity to input to it and you didn't. Entitled brother is vegan so we even went to the effort of speaking to him separately and asking him for what he would like as alternatives to the meals we had. Again brought all the overpriced vegan fake meats he asked for only to be met with "you didn't get me vegan butter, you didn't get me that..." well you didn't fucking ask for it. I flatly refused to go back to the shops (other than one time when I was already out and passing) but that caused issues. I still ended up cooking every night and doing the majority of the clean up. 

It's the entitlement of it that really grates on me, the sister just going into our room and opening drawers to find my wife's jumpers because she didn't bring any (can maybe forgive her that to a certain extent as she does have a kid and deadbeat man child husband to look after). Her asking my wife to borrow bras was a step too far though. Went to one of those nice fudge shops whilst out and about. Bought 3 lots of fudge. 1 to enjoy, 1 for my wife's work 1 for my work as gifts. First box was put on the coffee table and consumed by the waste of space husband within about 20 mins. Other 2 were put in our room to take home with us but somehow magically found their way out into the communal spaces less than a day later and were both consumed before we saw. Fucking liberty.

We only got 2 days of semi decent weather but Deadbeat dad/waste of space husband decided to miss his sons first trip to the beach so that he could watch the end of the tour de France. Then threw a strop that we wouldn't go back to the beach the next day in the pouring rain because he wanted to recreate what he missed. Other days when we had stuff planned and we're trying to get excursions planned around his kids nap times he refused to get out of bed and then wouldn't leave without a fry up first (which I ended up cleaning up 🙃 ) so by the time he was ready to leave it was baby's nap time and the whole day's plan was out the window.

Canters, did you know what the in laws were like?
    If you did why did you go away with them?

At least you can refuse to ever go away with them again using all this evidence in case your good lady starts to waver... 
  • Sponsored links:

• PopIcon said:
    https://x.com/AFCWimbledon/status/1672174105108402176
  • Re' Canter's post - The best way to find out if you really love your family and friends is to spend a one, or preferably, two week holiday with em. 🤯 🔫 
  • edited July 28
    Stig said:
    PopIcon said:
    Just because the MKdons ‘gave’ the FA CUP win to AFC doesn’t mean they won the Cup in my opinion. 

You can’t win a trophy before you existed 
  • clb74 said:
    Been away with my wife's family for a week and whilst overall we've had a nice time there are so many things that have pissed me off.

Canters, did you know what the in laws were like?
    If you did why did you go away with them?

The thing is, other than waste of space deadbeat toxic man child husband, they are all generally nice people and when we are out and about doing things and having fun they are great to be around and we have a good time. Her parents have done a hell of a lot for us in setting us up for life and we are very grateful. It's just when we are all in a big group as soon as something needs doing or there is anything that isn't about them having fun they all turn toxic and put it all on their mum who in fairness to her I think is just burnt-out from years of carrying the whole family.

Trouble is my wife loves her nephew but they live in Bath so she doesn't get to see him that much so going away is a really effective way of her seeing a significant amount of him.
  • edited July 28
    MrOneLung said:
    Stig said:
    PopIcon said:
    Just because the MKdons ‘gave’ the FA CUP win to AFC doesn’t mean they won the Cup in my opinion. 

I think it's a tricky philosophical question whereby the two main approaches, one might term them the legal argument and the moral argument, have different outcomes. Superficially, your "can’t win a trophy before you existed" looks to be a strong argument, because it presents the scenario as a logical impossibility. However it begs the question of what a club is. Is it the financial value? The fixed assets? A series of contracts? Or is it something rather more intangible? Is it perhaps the spirit of what that club represents? The shared histories of the people involved. I don't like AFC Wimbledon one little bit, but I can see that there is a continuity between them and the original Wimbledon FC that the Buckinghamshire based franchise simply hasn't got.

Why is this important? Because central to the question is the role of the fans in a club. The legalistic approach simply writes them out of history: It's doesn't matter that they have continuously followed a club representing Wimbledon. It doesn't matter that the vast majority of their fans (of a certain 
    vintage) will have cheered their team to victory at Wembley. It doesn't matter that they have consistently upheld the traditions of the old club. It doesn't matter that they have now secured the right to play at Plough Lane. They are simply written out of history because someone else had the right signatures on the right pieces of paper. That is wrong. If we believe that  Milton Springsteen won the cup, then we are accepting the right of dodgy owners everywhere to sell their clubs' histories.
  • Interesting, but I’m sure we’ve done this tons of times before. It usually leads to “would you follow Charlton to Milton Keynes then?” etc.
  • Who gives a fuck?
  • Stig said:
    PopIcon said:
    That’s the equivalent of Palace claiming to be the oldest league club in the world.

Crystal Palace aren’t that Crystal Palace, and AFC Wimbledon are not Wimbledon FC. 

• edited July 28
    MrOneLung said:
    Stig said:
    PopIcon said:

They identify as FA cup winners.
    And if that’s their lived experience, then we must accept it.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!