Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Stig said:
    My wife. Decides to jet wash the pergola this afternoon which is right next to the patio i finished pointing this morning. No rhyme or reason ffs
    I think jet washing is something that is wrongly perceived as something that's quick and easy and can be done alongside other work. My son does it for a living and often complains that the people wanting the job done haven't thought it through. Last week he had to postpone a roof clean because someone had booked someone else to do something just below the roof at the same time. 
    I think people doing it at home themselves also don’t realise what damage they can do blasting the patio/drive between the slabs trying to remove weeds
  • My wife. Decides to jet wash the pergola this afternoon which is right next to the patio i finished pointing this morning. No rhyme or reason ffs
    Gives you something to do tomorrow.
  • clb74 said:
    My wife. Decides to jet wash the pergola this afternoon which is right next to the patio i finished pointing this morning. No rhyme or reason ffs
    Gives your wife something to do tomorrow.
    in an ideal world!
  • edited July 21
    Curious. 

Americans are overusing the word curious. They're never wondering, never interested to know, they're not capable of saying something without prefacing it - they're all so fucking curious. I can't adequately explain why this annoys me, but it really does.  I notice it on questions in podcasts a lot and on social media. I'm curious to know why everyone is saying they're curious, when all I had to say was, 'why are people overusing the word curious?'. 
  • I thought the phase of using the word ‘super’ infront of everything was over, until I listened to a talk by my daughters new head mistress. She’s ‘super excited’ and ‘super confident’ about the new year 7’s. God help us.
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    Curious. 

Americans are overusing the word curious. They're never wondering, never interested to know, they're not capable of saying something without prefacing it - they're all so fucking curious. I can't adequately explain why this annoys me, but it really does.  I notice it on questions in podcasts a lot and on social media. I'm curious to know why everyone is saying they're curious, when all I had to say was, 'why are people overusing the word curious?'. 
    Maybe they’re all called George?
  • I thought the phase of using the word ‘super’ infront of everything was over, until I listened to a talk by my daughters new head mistress. She’s ‘super excited’ and ‘super confident’ about the new year 7’s. God help us.
    There's and advert that talks about being 'super ready'. Apart from the childish 'super' being used, it's just terrible logic. The state of being ready is an binary; you're either ready or not ready. Super ready is just nonsense. 
    Nearly as bad as 'uber'. 'Uberwealthy' for example 

• Stig said:
    I think jet washing is something that is wrongly perceived as something that's quick and easy and can be done alongside other work. My son does it for a living and often complains that the people wanting the job done haven't thought it through. Last week he had to postpone a roof clean because someone had booked someone else to do something just below the roof at the same time. 
    I watch this bloke. Find it both satisfying and relaxing in equal measures - https://youtube.com/@prestigeexternalcleaning?si=eKi-8xtoQSren69s
  • Sponsored links:

• I thought the phase of using the word ‘super’ infront of everything was over, until I listened to a talk by my daughter’s new head mistress. She’s ‘super excited’ and ‘super confident’ about the new year 7’s. God help us.
    Used by every cyclist in the Grand Tours … very annoying 
  • Stig said:
    I thought the phase of using the word ‘super’ infront of everything was over, until I listened to a talk by my daughters new head mistress. She’s ‘super excited’ and ‘super confident’ about the new year 7’s. God help us.
    There's and advert that talks about being 'super ready'. Apart from the childish 'super' being used, it's just terrible logic. The state of being ready is an binary; you're either ready or not ready. Super ready is just nonsense. 
    Like saying something is *very* unique. It's hard to imagine something being a little bit unique. I think someone pointed it out on this thread and it stuck with me. I mentioned it on Reddit and got shouted down by someone with an English degree or some shit. But I still think it's a bit silly to say something is totally or completely unique. 
  • edited July 21
    JiMMy 85 said:
    Curious. 

Awesome post!

They can’t fucking stop saying that either, along with every other fucking Awesome person in this country!
  • Ahh, so thats the reason for the phrase "cap a pop up your arse"
  • Have a similar problem, before you would lift the corner and the cover comes off easily, nowadays I think they must use super glue and end up using scissors/knife to open the pack. 
  • The little tabs on food packaging for opening things like ham, bacon etc that just tear off, what’s the fucking point 
    Its in direct relation to the price of the product. Buy from Iceland or Asda and forget that bit of cellophane coming off. Buy from Marks & Spencers and its like peeling off a blister. Sheer joy 
  • Carter said:
    The little tabs on food packaging for opening things like ham, bacon etc that just tear off, what’s the fucking point 
    It’s in direct relation to the price of the product. Buy from Iceland or Asda and forget that bit of cellophane coming off. Buy from Marks & Spencers and it’s like peeling off a blister. Sheer joy 
    It was a packet of Ocado bacon that inspired my post
  • Sponsored links:

• The little tabs on food packaging for opening things like ham, bacon etc that just tear off, what’s the fucking point 
    One of my pet hates and I have zero patience with any packaging that takes time to get into. My daughter always makes a point of saying to my wife "I'm guessing Dad opened this" when she takes something out of the cupboard/fridge with destroyed packing.
    Agree. But the worse offenders seem to be boxes of cling film or tin foil. 

No way does the box open and last to tear against the serated edge for many occasions. 
  • Opening a box of tablets (medication) and finding the information leaflet wrapped around the tablets at the end I open. I don’t know why this riles, it just fucking does!!!
    Happens to me every time 
  • Opening a box of tablets (medication) and finding the information leaflet wrapped around the tablets at the end I open. I don’t know why this riles, it just fucking does!!!
    You’d think it was 50/50 if you open it the right way or not but it isn’t. You always get the leaflet end.

same as putting a USB into a computer, only 2 ways yet somehow it’s always the 3rd try.  :D
    Open the box, the opposite end to the end with the expiry date. The leaflet will not be there.
  • MrOneLung said:
    It is packets of biscuits that get me, with their 'tear here' instruction to pull what apparently is a red iron bar encased in concrete

Yes agree. And the end one is always broken. If only they would pack one biscuit less in each packet.
  • And written on the pack is 'new easy to open pack'.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!