Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• What do you mean by a ‘gigantic’ bill? £1,000?

Time to flip, flop and fly.
  • When you get a tax demand through the post, reminding you have to pay my gigantic tax bill by Thursday or face a fine, OK I know I owe the money but f’ me it’s for £0.02p you think the HMRC would have more sense than to post something out that costs them more in postage than they are getting back, bloody ridiculous and a total waste of money. Needless to say I paid it.
  • edited July 30
    Mixed veggies and mixed salad packs.

Mixed veggies is basically tons of carrots, 1 piece of cauliflower and maybe a bit of broccoli.

Mixed salad, overflowing with lettuce and if yer lucky 1 tomato, 2 bits of corn.
    I have literally never bought one of those. Theyvlook dreadful and terrible quality. I bet they have as much nutritional value as soil. Just If you chop some fresh veg or salad. A million times nicer.
    I know you’re right but when I buy everything singularly, I tend to find them mouldy at the back of the fridge.

It’s a convenience thang but agree not always that convenient.
  • When you get a tax demand through the post, reminding you have to pay my gigantic tax bill by Thursday or face a fine, OK I know I owe the money but f’ me it’s for £0.02p you think the HMRC would have more sense than to post something out that costs them more in postage than they are getting back, bloody ridiculous and a total waste of money. Needless to say I paid it.
    Er no.
    You'd think it may be automated these days (although surely they can programme in anything under a few quid being referred back to be dropped etc), but I did have a colleague chase a company several times for an underpayment of 10p.  She was very pleased with herself too that she eventually got it.

Didn't occur to her for a minute that she'd probably spent quite a few pounds in postage, phonecalls, and her wages for the time she spent faffing around with it.  
  • Macronate said:
    Instructions for use on some packaging that requires the power of The Hubble Space Telescope to read.
    I more and more have to photograph and enlarge those instructions.
  • Sponsored links:

• Using streetview on Rightmove only to find the map pin has been dropped several hundred yards from the actual location of the property in question. This seems to happen a lot. My useless estate agent has just done that to mine. Apparently my house is now on the other side of the road about quarter of a mile along, and located in the enormous back garden of a big posh house.
  • Carter said:
    The dishwasher. My one has a cutlery draw at the top. Why is I'm the only one out of 4 adults in my house that can put tea spoons with tea spoons, forks with forks, knives with knives, chopping knives with chopping knives, all with the same one empty space between each item so that they get clean correctly? The same thing on the next draw with mugs, cups and small  to medium glasses, all over the place and no order to it unless I load it. Bottom draw, chopping boards and baking trays to the sides and rear. Plates grouped together in their respective sizes  at the front. Remaining space for saucepans and large glasses. 
    I'm a big believer in there can be only one per household who is capable of properly stacking a dishwasher or even not leaving plates, cups, glasses etc on the side. 

In my home my wife, whom I love dearly and to my knowledge has never smoked crack but stacks the dishwasher like she's just come off the teat of the pipe. Lunacy 

I had a disagreement with someone who insisted that all cutlery must go business end down in the cutlery bit. I argued that wasn't necessary but more power to them. Their argument was more "no, they all MUST go pointy end down". I asked why Bosch, Hotpoint and their cohorts bothered putting a rack in those bits that clearly won't allow a fork to go end down if it was necessity. This was ignored and I was told it was dangerous to put stuff handle down in them. I’ve half heartedly since been trying to find statistics or accounts of people injured or killed by falling and landing, impaled on a dinner fork in a cutlery rack. 

I have a nasty feeling it will be similar in numbers to men who slip off the toilet and a toilet brush handle ends up in their night fighter requiring hospital treatment 
    Apparently; https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2003/may/29/kirstyscott
  • IdleHans said:
    Send them 3p and then chase relentlessly for the overpayment
    And do it by postal order!
  • IdleHans said:
    Send them 3p and then chase relentlessly for the overpayment
    And do it by postal order!
    You'd think it may be automated these days (although surely they can programme in anything under a few quid being referred back to be dropped etc), but I did have a colleague chase a company several times for an underpayment of 10p.  She was very pleased with herself too that she eventually got it.

Didn't occur to her for a minute that she'd probably spent quite a few pounds in postage, phonecalls, and her wages for the time she spent faffing around with it.  
    She'll now be heading up a department at HMRC collections
  • UPS - Unbelievably Phuckin Shit

Ask to pay in instalments.
  • The dishwasher. My one has a cutlery draw at the top. Why is I'm the only one out of 4 adults in my house that can put tea spoons with tea spoons, forks with forks, knives with knives, chopping knives with chopping knives, all with the same one empty space between each item so that they get clean correctly? The same thing on the next draw with mugs, cups and small  to medium glasses, all over the place and no order to it unless I load it. Bottom draw, chopping boards and baking trays to the sides and rear. Plates grouped together in their respective sizes  at the front. Remaining space for saucepans and large glasses. 
    I have to say that I have NO issues with my dishwasher.

For the past close to 54 years, Mr F has never let me down  B)
    Similarly my 1958 model has given years of faithful service, noisy at times but on the whole I am completely satisfied.
  • Sponsored links:

• The dishwasher. My one has a cutlery draw at the top. Why is I'm the only one out of 4 adults in my house that can put tea spoons with tea spoons, forks with forks, knives with knives, chopping knives with chopping knives, all with the same one empty space between each item so that they get clean correctly? The same thing on the next draw with mugs, cups and small  to medium glasses, all over the place and no order to it unless I load it. Bottom draw, chopping boards and baking trays to the sides and rear. Plates grouped together in their respective sizes  at the front. Remaining space for saucepans and large glasses. 

Similarly my 1958 model has given years of faithful service, noisy at times but on the whole I am completely satisfied.

Does that depend on how big your load is?

I have a similar 1958 model and only requires a service once a month.
  • Jim Al-Khalili's The Life Scientific. I like Jim and I used to think this was a great programme, but as time has gone on, it's become less and less interesting. There's not very much about the science itself nowadays, it being more about how applied science can be used as a vehicle for do-gooding and career building. It's so bland, they could bring Jenni Murray out of retirement to deliver it. I guess he interviewed all the genuinely interesting people several series back.

I have a similar 1958 model and only requires a service once a month.
    I wish you would do the service yourself. I'm getting fed up with traipsing over to your gaff every month.
  • Terms and Conditions!

Those who make them know darn well no one’s gonna read them. Or do you?

• Carter said:
    The dishwasher. My one has a cutlery draw at the top. Why is I'm the only one out of 4 adults in my house that can put tea spoons with tea spoons, forks with forks, knives with knives, chopping knives with chopping knives, all with the same one empty space between each item so that they get clean correctly? The same thing on the next draw with mugs, cups and small  to medium glasses, all over the place and no order to it unless I load it. Bottom draw, chopping boards and baking trays to the sides and rear. Plates grouped together in their respective sizes  at the front. Remaining space for saucepans and large glasses. 
    I'm a big believer in there can be only one per household who is capable of properly stacking a dishwasher or even not leaving plates, cups, glasses etc on the side. 

In my home my wife, whom I love dearly and to my knowledge has never smoked crack but stacks the dishwasher like she's just come off the teat of the pipe. Lunacy 

I had a disagreement with someone who insisted that all cutlery must go business end down in the cutlery bit. I argued that wasn't necessary but more power to them. Their argument was more "no, they all MUST go pointy end down". I asked why Bosch, Hotpoint and their cohorts bothered putting a rack in those bits that clearly won't allow a fork to go end down if it was necessity. This was ignored and I was told it was dangerous to put stuff handle down in them. I’ve half heartedly since been trying to find statistics or accounts of people injured or killed by falling and landing, impaled on a dinner fork in a cutlery rack. 

I have a nasty feeling it will be similar in numbers to men who slip off the toilet and a toilet brush handle ends up in their night fighter requiring hospital treatment 
    I know a guy who has two dishwashers and he never has to unload either one. For one is always full of clean stuff that he uses when he needs it, while the other is being filled up. 
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    Carter said:

I know a guy who has two dishwashers and he never has to unload either one. For one is always full of clean stuff that he uses when he needs it, while the other is being filled up. 

I know a bloke who used to frequent this forum who had Two Sheds.
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    Carter said:

So he does unload it then
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!