Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• iaitch said:
    Not very subtle but maybe a good idea.

I also have one.

I go to a barber once a month to get my nose and ears waxed. Game changer.
    My barber does this when i get my hair cut and has done for years. 
  • Sportsmen who can't do it when it matters to me  ;)

• edited August 5
    People who smell really badly. A bloke got on the bus yesterday who stank so much and we moved half way down the bus and could still get a whiff (we did move further back once we realised this).   
  • The museum of London - soon to be the London Museum - has chosen a new logo to represent the grit and glitter of the capital. 

It is to be a clay pigeon that has just released a splat of glittery poo.

... My God maybe I've lived too long.  :/  

Ms Ament said: “The pigeon and splat speak to a historic place full of dualities; a place where the grit and the glitter have existed side by side for millennia; an impartial and humble observer of London life."

Josh Green, from designers Uncommon Creative Studio, which came up with the logo, said: “London Museum’s new brand is characterful and distinctive, and communicates something important about London.”

Nils Leonard, co-founder at Uncommon, added: "We wanted the pigeon to also become a reflection of the diversity and constantly changing beauty of the city.

One of those truly "WTF" moments. When I first read it I thought it was a wind up - surely there can be no other explanation! But no, sadly, you aren't making it up.

One of the world's truly great cities, and in a museum dedicated solely to its evolution and development, we have a pigeon and pigeon shit as its symbol.

Truly farcical.

• That picture defies gravity. 
  • Bramley apples. Where are the bloody things hiding? Picked kilos of wild blackberries this weekend so Mrs idle could make a crumble, now there's not a cooking apple to be found. Disappointed. Will just have to freeze them and wait until September...
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 5
    The museum of London - soon to be the London Museum - has chosen a new logo to represent the grit and glitter of the capital. 

Ms Ament said: “The pigeon and splat speak to a historic place full of dualities; a place where the grit and the glitter have existed side by side for millennia; an impartial and humble observer of London life."

Josh Green, from designers Uncommon Creative Studio, which came up with the logo, said: “London Museum’s new brand is characterful and distinctive, and communicates something important about London.”

Nils Leonard, co-founder at Uncommon, added: "We wanted the pigeon to also become a reflection of the diversity and constantly changing beauty of the city.

One of those truly "WTF" moments. When I first read it I thought it was a wind up - surely there can be no other explanation! But no, sadly, you aren't making it up.

One of the world's truly great cities, and in a museum dedicated solely to its evolution and development, we have a pigeon and pigeon shit as its symbol.

Truly farcical.

The second thing to generally annoy me today. RFU announced that Twickenham to be renamed Allianz Stadium.
  • IdleHans said:
    Bramley apples. Where are the bloody things hiding? Picked kilos of wild blackberries this weekend so Mrs idle could make a crumble, now there's not a cooking apple to be found. Disappointed. Will just have to freeze them and wait until September...

Not exactly crumble weather is it?  Make blackberry sorbet!
  • IdleHans said:
    Bramley apples. Where are the bloody things hiding? Picked kilos of wild blackberries this weekend so Mrs idle could make a crumble, now there's not a cooking apple to be found. Disappointed. Will just have to freeze them and wait until September...

Everyday is crumble weather, but unfortunately for me my wife hates it. So it is in fact, never the right weather for me.
  • Perhaps she only grew to hate it after she got married
  • edited August 6
    The museum of London - soon to be the London Museum - has chosen a new logo to represent the grit and glitter of the capital. 

Think it’s very funny and ironic and very apt, isn’t it? I’ve been shat on many times.
  • This is more disgusting than annoying but some bloke at the bar doing a joachim low , hands down the back of his trousers scratching his arse

Worse if it's the chef at a carvery or the Sandwich maker 😯
  • The museum of London - soon to be the London Museum - has chosen a new logo to represent the grit and glitter of the capital. 

I think it’s great 
  • Sponsored links:

• Oh come on you guys!  That's like the Acropolis Museum in Athens displaying these and saying, 'OK it's a bit sh*t, but at least we've got some marbles.

• Well, actually they don’t, coz we nicked them the last time I checked.

I think that equally would be funny and not a bad idea, have you thought of selling the image to them;)?
  • IdleHans said:

That is an excellent idea!
  • IdleHans said:
    IdleHans said:

That is an excellent idea!
    Goes well with an apple crumble too....
  • I’ve something in common with Athens as I’ve lost my marbles too!

Bizarre choice when you think that Feral Pigeons exist in every non-frozen continent and can probably be seen in just about every city in the world. They are though a sub-species of the Rock Rove, that (other than feral types) don't live in London because it has no cliffs. 

As for that little statuette, the pigeon's shit is the least shitty thing about it. Uncommon Creative Studio sounds like a parody of the parody Perfect Curve. 
  • Men who think it's acceptable to have one hand down their tracky bottoms in the street. WFT is wrong with these people? The only time this is remotely acceptable is when your shaft gets trapped halfway outside your pants, at least find somewhere discrete and wash your hands. Dirtbags.

While I'm on the topic of knobby fingers, blokes using their mobile phone while pissing in a urinal.
  • I used the bog at a HolidayInn today and the lav floor was littered in sweet wrappers.
  • Hal1x said:
    I used the bog at a HolidayInn today and the lav floor was littered in sweet wrappers.

Could have been worse, I suppose?
  • Must of run out of rose petals 🤓
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!