Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Season ticket holders that don’t know that their card is contactless and doesn’t need scanning to use. 
  • buckshee said:
    Season ticket holders that don’t know that their card is contactless and doesn’t need scanning to use. 
    I didn’t know that but I saw plenty of people in front of me trying to get in and failing. I scanned my card no problem. 
  • Sorting out the bodged DIY of the previous owner of your house .  FFS at least use the same screws on each job and not one flathead, one crosshead or a nail here and there.
  • Sorting out the bodged DIY of the previous owner of your house .  FFS at least use the same screws on each job and not one flathead, one crosshead or a nail here and there.
    I live in one of those houses. I've fixed most of his bastardisations, everything, everything he did was bodged in some way, like he had a commitment to doing things wrong and weird.

You don't really get it with used cars anymore but some of the ones I would look at 20 years ago and poke my head under a bonnet or underneath the car and see cable ties, jubilee clips, WD40 and talc on belts. In a way it was charming as a get out of jail but cable ties are never a permanent solution on vehicles 
  • Carter said:
    Sorting out the bodged DIY of the previous owner of your house .  FFS at least use the same screws on each job and not one flathead, one crosshead or a nail here and there.
    I live in one of those houses. I've fixed most of his bastardisations, everything, everything he did was bodged in some way, like he had a commitment to doing things wrong and weird.

You don't really get it with used cars anymore but some of the ones I would look at 20 years ago and poke my head under a bonnet or underneath the car and see cable ties, jubilee clips, WD40 and talc on belts. In a way it was charming as a get out of jail but cable ties are never a permanent solution on vehicles 

Sawdust in the gearbox, cardboard brake linings. :#
  • Charlton Life posters who, after 15 years(?) of match threads, still try to sneak in either a score or the result of PL matches. Particularly Palace.
    personally I prefer bluetac
  • Travelers. Christ do they know of a full stop. It's like listening to an auction. Breath FFS. 
  • Groups, or even just pairs of people who take up the whole pavement whilst walking along it, with no regard or awareness for anyone else. Having been to a couple of other countries this summer where this doesn’t seem to happen, I’m convinced it’s an arrogant Brit thing.
  • Sponsored links:

• JaShea99 said:
    Groups, or even just pairs of people who take up the whole pavement whilst walking along it, with no regard or awareness for anyone else. Having been to a couple of other countries this summer where this doesn’t seem to happen, I’m convinced it’s an arrogant Brit thing.
    i find walking up behind them with a loud airhorn does the trick
  • Feeling like I spend 85% of my existence waiting for my missus to ‘pop to the loo’.

Make it worse, we’ve got two young teenage girls now getting just as bad.
    Mate, you’re going to have a fucking nightmare trying to get out of the house when your daughters get a bit older. Mine is 15 now and trying to get her and my wife out anywhere near on time is a mission. 
  • When my wife and I change the duvet cover on the bed together she NEVER completes her half of the fasteners at the bottom of the cover, she only does about 3, fucking pisses me off. I’m not brave enough to tell her thought 😳
    Me and my wife race each other with the buttons, have done it every time since we first moved in together over 20 years ago.
  • Just get a coverless duvet 

straight in the washing machine, then tumble dry and back on your bed in an hour 
  • When my wife and I change the duvet cover on the bed together she NEVER completes her half of the fasteners at the bottom of the cover, she only does about 3, fucking pisses me off. I’m not brave enough to tell her thought 😳
    buy one with a zip.
  • Sponsored links:

• I have a 5-year fixed rate mortgage that finishes (fully paid up) on the 31st March next year. I just got a letter from Barclay's saying that the fixed rate will end on the 31st January and I'll be moved to a variable rate then! So a 5-year fix is actually a 4 year and 10 month fix! It was all in the small print, apparently!
    Obviously I'm on the phone right now, complaining, writing this while I'm on hold!
    If youre that close surely its within the overpayment rules for the 5 years to simply pay those last 2 payments early spread over the next 10 months and then you're fine? or is there some kind of early repayment bollocks too?
    Thanks; looks like I can do this without hitting a limit on overpayments that would trigger an extra charge.
  • Travelers. Christ do they know of a full stop. It's like listening to an auction. Breath FFS. 
    Breathe.
  • Men who never button the duvet up the right way and then you have to redo said buttons.
    Men who when they take the duvet off the bed and put it in the wash, I take it out when done to find it inside out filled with everything else inside which then falls onto the floor and if you’re not quick enough gets dirty again.
    Just take it off the right way & rebutton ffs!
  • Hal1x said:
    Men who never button the duvet up the right way and then you have to redo said buttons.
    Men who when they take the duvet off the bed and put it in the wash, I take it out when done to find it inside out filled with everything else inside which then falls onto the floor and if you’re not quick enough gets dirty again.
    nag, nag, nag......
    Do you want to go to the gig of the century? 

Just do your half a bit slower. It works for me :D
    You've made your bed now lie in it.
  • Zips!

The keys to my flat are in a little zipped pocket on a small bag I carry on my belt. Now the zip has got caught up with all the material and I can’t open it, without destroying the fucking thing!
  • edited August 28
    Hal1x said:
    Men who never button the duvet up the right way and then you have to redo said buttons.
    nag, nag, nag......
    Do you want to go to the gig of the century? 
    What.....Steps are reforming!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!