Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• We buy any car adverts. I want everyone of those pricks who start dancing by their car to get run over.... Repeatedly.
  • People who have to impose their music/phone calls on you in public. Just been to Canterbury East station where one feckless, shirtless idiot decided to play some untillegible crap via his phone to the whole station. Moved away up the platform only to listen to a middle aged woman describing her medical symptoms to a doctor on speaker. 
    What's the matter with people?

Was watching some hammers throwers earlier, nothing else going on in the stadium so music blaring out, why?

Seems most sporting events now have to have music.
  • We buy any car adverts. I want everyone of those pricks who start dancing by their car to get run over.... Repeatedly.
    Or maybe have a Brian Harvey type of accident.
  • iaitch said:
    People who have to impose their music/phone calls on you in public. Just been to Canterbury East station where one feckless, shirtless idiot decided to play some untillegible crap via his phone to the whole station. Moved away up the platform only to listen to a middle aged woman describing her medical symptoms to a doctor on speaker. 
    What's the matter with people?

Was watching some hammers throwers earlier, nothing else going on in the stadium so music blaring out, why?

Seems most sporting events now have to have music.
    Almost all documentaries have 'music' playing these days, often just a few repetitive notes and drown out the speaker. It's so uneccessary and very annoying.
  • Exactly, watching a trackside interview earlier and you couldn't hear a word they were saying.
  • ross1 said:
    I have never had a backpack, never needed enough things to put in it. I have managed to carry everything I need in my pockets, or in a bag for nearly 80 years. What am I missing? What do people need to carry around all the time, like a woman's handbag, full of rubbish but may be needed sometime 😄
    I’m not saying I disbelieve this, but much like when someone claimed they never ever touch cash, I’m fascinated. You’ve never had a backpack for work stuff? You’ve never ever gone shopping and taken a backpack because you don’t want to use carrier bags? What about on holiday? Hand luggage for the plane? Do you transport all of your beach/pool stuff down to the pool in your pockets?
  • MrOneLung said:
    JiMMy 85 said:
    Carter said:
    The dishwasher. My one has a cutlery draw at the top. Why is I'm the only one out of 4 adults in my house that can put tea spoons with tea spoons, forks with forks, knives with knives, chopping knives with chopping knives, all with the same one empty space between each item so that they get clean correctly? The same thing on the next draw with mugs, cups and small  to medium glasses, all over the place and no order to it unless I load it. Bottom draw, chopping boards and baking trays to the sides and rear. Plates grouped together in their respective sizes  at the front. Remaining space for saucepans and large glasses. 
    I'm a big believer in there can be only one per household who is capable of properly stacking a dishwasher or even not leaving plates, cups, glasses etc on the side. 

In my home my wife, whom I love dearly and to my knowledge has never smoked crack but stacks the dishwasher like she's just come off the teat of the pipe. Lunacy 

I had a disagreement with someone who insisted that all cutlery must go business end down in the cutlery bit. I argued that wasn't necessary but more power to them. Their argument was more "no, they all MUST go pointy end down". I asked why Bosch, Hotpoint and their cohorts bothered putting a rack in those bits that clearly won't allow a fork to go end down if it was necessity. This was ignored and I was told it was dangerous to put stuff handle down in them. I’ve half heartedly since been trying to find statistics or accounts of people injured or killed by falling and landing, impaled on a dinner fork in a cutlery rack. 

I have a nasty feeling it will be similar in numbers to men who slip off the toilet and a toilet brush handle ends up in their night fighter requiring hospital treatment 
    I know a guy who has two dishwashers and he never has to unload either one. For one is always full of clean stuff that he uses when he needs it, while the other is being filled up. 
    So he does unload it then
    Well done. 
  • Americans using ‘bunch’ incorrectly. Just heard a journalist say “they heat up a bunch oh water” while talking about nuclear power. 
  • edited August 3
    JaShea99 said:
    ross1 said:
    I have never had a backpack, never needed enough things to put in it. I have managed to carry everything I need in my pockets, or in a bag for nearly 80 years. What am I missing? What do people need to carry around all the time, like a woman's handbag, full of rubbish but may be needed sometime 😄
    I’m not saying I disbelieve this, but much like when someone claimed they never ever touch cash, I’m fascinated. You’ve never had a backpack for work stuff? You’ve never ever gone shopping and taken a backpack because you don’t want to use carrier bags? What about on holiday? Hand luggage for the plane? Do you transport all of your beach/pool stuff down to the pool in your pockets?
    Im with Ross1 here, never had a backpack, never missed one. My wife however is always lugging one around.
  • JaShea99 said:
    ross1 said:
    My dad has never had a backpack. He has never used a credit or debit card. He has never owned (and refuses to have) a mobile phone. 
  • Sponsored links:

• JaShea99 said:
    ross1 said:
    There are also bags for carrying things that don't go on your back!
  • Course there are. But he said everything goes in his pockets.
  • JaShea99 said:
    ross1 said:
    No, I have never had a backpack. Retired now but did not need to take anything to work, unless no cafe then a lunchbox, but I can manage to carry from my car to work place. I take carrier bags when shopping, from shop to car, a small hand luggage, (yes small), for airplanes and beach. Never carry more than I need.
    Sorry to disappoint you. When I was young, backpacks were never used and I still do not
  • ross1 said:
    JaShea99 said:
    ross1 said:
    No, I have never had a backpack. Retired now but did not need to take anything to work, unless no cafe then a lunchbox, but I can manage to carry from my car to work place. I take carrier bags when shopping, from shop to car, a small hand luggage, (yes small), for airplanes and beach. Never carry more than I need.
    Sorry to disappoint you. When I was young, backpacks were never used and I still do not
    What about the forerunner of the backpack? The duffle bag?

Or the old rubbery orange swimming bags you had at school. 
  • ross1 said:
    JaShea99 said:
    ross1 said:
    What about the forerunner of the backpack? The duffle bag?

Looks like a floppy thermos flask.
  • Definitely NO to duffle bags
  • ross1 said:
    JaShea99 said:
    ross1 said:
    Fair enough. Not disappointed just intrigued. And each to their own but personally I can’t stand carrying things in my hands if I don’t need to. So in answer to your original “what am I missing?” question, I guess you’re missing having your hands free if you’re constantly holding carriers.
  • I assume backpacks go with hoody jackets, which I also do not wear 😄
  • 1,000 pages of general things that annoy you, all of which are actually specific things that annoy you.

At this momentous juncture, could the thread title be changed?

Because the current one generally annoys me.
  • Sponsored links:

• 1,000 pages of general things that annoy you, all of which are actually specific things that annoy you.

Suggest you chill out.

Perhaps open the thread more sporadically and gradually wean yourself off it.
  • edited August 3
    I blame @BDL for this thread.  I hope you got your boiler fixed Dave.
  • JaShea99 said:
    ross1 said:
    JaShea99 said:
    ross1 said:
    Fair enough. Not disappointed just intrigued. And each to their own but personally I can’t stand carrying things in my hands if I don’t need to. So in answer to your original “what am I missing?” question, I guess you’re missing having your hands free if you’re constantly holding carriers.
    Only when shopping once a week, you will be pleased to know that rest of the time my hands are free to do what they want  :)

After 1000 pages I'm still Annoyed by the random capitalisation in the thread title. 
  • This is more disgusting than annoying but some bloke at the bar doing a joachim low , hands down the back of his trousers scratching his arse
  • Nasal hair, again.

Just been speaking to a couple of friends, he, had a forest and complete eco system sprouting out, WTF!
  • iaitch said:
    Not very subtle but maybe a good idea.

I also have one.
  • iaitch said:
    Not very subtle but maybe a good idea.

I also have one.

I go to a barber once a month to get my nose and ears waxed. Game changer.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!