Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• The George Dobson debate.
  • All my mates obsession with pie and mash. Yeah it’s alright but way they bang on about it like it’s pwoppa nawtee grub. It ain’t, it’s a fucking school dinner. 

100%

And a special mention of the self appointed pie & mash connoiseurs who think they know what is "proper" pie & mash and what ain't (something to do with the mince being dry or in a gravy????).

Also like to throw in those who do similar re' oysters / jellied eels / seafood in general.

JUST FUCKIN EAT IT!

• All my mates obsession with pie and mash. Yeah it’s alright but way they bang on about it like it’s pwoppa nawtee grub. It ain’t, it’s a fucking school dinner. 
    Would you like me to send you a photo next time I have it mate?
  • Gribbo said:
    All my mates obsession with pie and mash. Yeah it’s alright but way they bang on about it like it’s pwoppa nawtee grub. It ain’t, it’s a fucking school dinner. 

100%

And a special mention of the self appointed pie & mash connoiseurs who think they know what is "proper" pie & mash and what ain't (something to do with the mince being dry or in a gravy????).

Also like to throw in those who do similar re' oysters / jellied eels / seafood in general.

JUST FUCKIN EAT IT!

If you need “lashings and lashings of white pepper” on something to make it edible, it isn’t edible!
  • Gribbo said:
    All my mates obsession with pie and mash. Yeah it’s alright but way they bang on about it like it’s pwoppa nawtee grub. It ain’t, it’s a fucking school dinner. 

100%

JUST FUCKIN EAT IT!

If you need “lashings and lashings of white pepper” on something to make it edible, it isn’t edible!
    Yes!  "It's good once you put a load of pepper and chilli vinegar on it!".  Or put chilli vinegar on something that tastes better in the first place?
    Do they use the expression "cheeky" as a prefix? It shouldn't annoy me, but it does.
  • Sponsored links:

• New season so am being subjected to peoples premiership fantasy teams. Told one mate that I don't care so he is now telling a very polite Welsh man who I know full well has no interest in football about his secret weapon of Gakpo up front and how strong his bench is. 
  • IdleHans said:
    Bramley apples. Where are the bloody things hiding? Picked kilos of wild blackberries this weekend so Mrs idle could make a crumble, now there's not a cooking apple to be found. Disappointed. Will just have to freeze them and wait until September...

Not exactly crumble weather is it?  Make blackberry sorbet!
    Turns out one of Mrs idles workmates has a Bramley tree and a glut of apples already. Just as the temperature soars...
  • Just received a message from little miss Idle to advise that the birthday card we sent her boyfriend has just arrived. It was posted in time to arrive on his birthday. Which is 14th July.
    Wankers.
  • edited August 9
    Ringing up your local hospital/doctors that you have rung up a thousand times to make/change a routine appointment and having to listen to one minute and 37 seconds worth of repetitive pre recorded shyte about COVID/general business/inane instructions before you can choose the option that you want even including knowing which extension you want. It’s maddening. 
  • edited August 9
    Ringing up your local hospital/doctors that you have rung up a thousand times to make/change a routine appointment and having to listen to one minute and 37 seconds worth of repetitive pre recorded shyte about COVID/general business/inane instructions before you can choose the option that you want even including knowing which extension you want. It’s maddening. 
    but always remember that "your call is important to us!".
  • The bloke opposite me on the Elizabeth Line sniffing every 20 seconds. 
  • The bloke opposite me on the Elizabeth Line sniffing every 20 seconds. 
    I cant help it I have got a cold.
  • Hal1x said:
    The bloke opposite me on the Elizabeth Line sniffing every 20 seconds. 
    I cant help it I did a bit of powder in the toilets at Paddington.
    Fixed
  • Sponsored links:

• Being unable to buy my dad Spangles for his birthday. [the confectionary, not the lady advertising in the phone box in Woolwich]
    Tunes just don't fit the billn
  • Getting about 10 mosquito bites in 2 days in the tropical climes of Bromley. Itching like fuck. 
  • Getting about 10 mosquito bites in 2 days in the tropical climes of Bromley. Itching like fuck. 
    You need to get on the g&t or vat’s , the tonic keeps the little twats away (has no post bite benefits unfortunately)
  • Every year on holiday I say ‘don’t get involved with the volleyball’ and every year I take part and fume as every other fucker just tries to limp wrist slap the ball back over the net at the first attempt, whereas as I am double fisting (oo-er) to keep the ball up or trying to do a proper set up via a double handed push up. 

And don’t get me started on the serves. 
    They let one bloke serve via a football throw in style and another bloke throwing the ball up and punching it (obviously went 15 foot too far) 
  • Just get some half competent player on your team to set it for you just by the net and then spike it in their faces a player at a time
  • I have a 5-year fixed rate mortgage that finishes (fully paid up) on the 31st March next year. I just got a letter from Barclay's saying that the fixed rate will end on the 31st January and I'll be moved to a variable rate then! So a 5-year fix is actually a 4 year and 10 month fix! It was all in the small print, apparently!
    Obviously I'm on the phone right now, complaining, writing this while I'm on hold!
  • I have a 5-year fixed rate mortgage that finishes (fully paid up) on the 31st March next year. I just got a letter from Barclay's saying that the fixed rate will end on the 31st January and I'll be moved to a variable rate then! So a 5-year fix is actually a 4 year and 10 month fix! It was all in the small print, apparently!
    Obviously I'm on the phone right now, complaining, writing this while I'm on hold!
    If youre that close surely its within the overpayment rules for the 5 years to simply pay those last 2 payments early spread over the next 10 months and then you're fine? or is there some kind of early repayment bollocks too?
  • The quality of modern tissues. Bloody things seem to biodegrade in your pocket in a matter of hours, used or not. I've just spent a happy twenty minutes fishing little bits of tissue bobble out of the headphone socket of my mobile. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!