Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Men who never button the duvet up the right way and then you have to redo said buttons.
    Men who when they take the duvet off the bed and put it in the wash, I take it out when done to find it inside out filled with everything else inside which then falls onto the floor and if you’re not quick enough gets dirty again.
    Just take it off the right way & rebutton ffs!
    Calm down!!
  • Zips!

The keys to my flat are in a little zipped pocket on a small bag I carry on my belt. Now the zip has got caught up with all the material and I can’t open it, without destroying the fucking thing!

Lucky it's only a key stuck behind a zipped pocket :o
  • What is this “bed making” of which you speak?
  • Getting a notification every time someone posts on the Katie Price thread that I started 5 1/2 years ago. 

Does anyone know if I can turn them off?
  • edited August 28
    Getting a notification every time someone posts on the Katie Price thread that I started 5 1/2 years ago. 

Click on your profile at the top of the Page > On Desktop at least there will be a drop down icon over to the right of your Profile, click that and then click Edit Profile

From the list of options down the left > Notification Preferences

Then under Posts > "New Comments on my Post"

That might fix it for you, just checked the mobile version and looks a little less straightforward, so if you can do it on a Computer you'll find it easier to do, unless a mod can advise otherwise.
  • Getting a notification every time someone posts on the Katie Price thread that I started 5 1/2 years ago. 

Click on your profile at the top of the Page > On Desktop at least there will be a drop down icon over to the right of your Profile, click that and then click Edit Profile

That might fix it for you, just checked the mobile version and looks a little less straightforward, so if you can do it on a Computer you'll find it easier to do, unless a mod can advise otherwise.
    Thanks. I’ll give it a go on desktop. 

Doesn’t let me do it on mobile site. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Zips!

The keys to my flat are in a little zipped pocket on a small bag I carry on my belt. Now the zip has got caught up with all the material and I can’t open it, without destroying the fucking thing!
    A zipped bag attached to your belt?

You wear Velcro sandals with socks as well don’t you… 
    As I don't like bulging pockets in trousers or shorts and don't want to carry a backpack, think they were mentioned somewhere else?

I have a small bag that I can thread my belt through, and the majority of the time it serves very well for all those slightly bulky small things, glasses, wallet, business cards, ear pods case and the like, so no velcro.

I do have velcro socks though;)
  • Ever thought about getting a fanny pack.

• Fumbluff said:
    PopIcon said:
    Beards. I can't understand why anyone would want one. I can only assume it's laziness, which i can accept. Generally, anyone with a beard looks like a tramp.
    When I become a tramp I shall ensure that I remain clean shaven just to make you look daft
    Hey! I do ruddy good job at making myself look like a dafty without your help....

Beards......

I've never heard anyone complementing someone on their beard.

Hair - yes!
    Finger nails - yes!
    Legs - yes!
    Beard - no.
  • edited August 28
    Spending more time in the office now which is fine not a problem with that I actually like the mix (5 days a week would be too much). What does annoy me is that I have a worse setup than I do at home. 

Only one screen and its smaller than both my home ones. At home I have a rising-standing desk so for meetings I can stand, the benefits for my back pain and posture have been huge. In the office there are 2 standing desks for the whole floor (hot desking with a booking system), one is taken by someone who has a fixed desk for disability reasons and sits there at it every day with it the same height as every other non rising desk on the floor, the other is permanently booked as part of a row of desks for the directors office staff. So no chance of getting one even some of the time. Don't mind coming in but why should I be less comfortable than at home.

Also the desks are filthy so I spend 10 mins every morning getting the desk clean and my screen settings right. Just annoying.
  • Spending more time in the office now which is fine not a problem with that I actually like the mix (5 days a week would be too much). What does annoy me is that I have a worse setup than I do at home. 

Only one screen and its smaller than both my home ones. At home I have a rising-standing desk so for meetings I can stand, the benefits for my back pain and posture have been huge. In the office there are 2 standing desks for the whole floor (hot desking with a booking system), one is taken by someone who has a fixed desk for disability reasons and sits there at it every day with it the same height as every other non rising desk on the floor, the other is permanently booked as part of a row of desks for the directors office staff. So no chance of getting one even some of the time. Don't mind coming in but why should I be less comfortable than at home.

Also the desks are filthy so I spend 10 mins every morning getting the desk clean and my screen settings right. Just annoying.
    because you do. Just accept it. You potentially being right is not the point. 

You have 40 years to do what you’re told even though logic defies the instructions. 😉☹️
  • PopIcon said:
    Beards. I can't understand why anyone would want one. I can only assume it's laziness, which i can accept. Generally, anyone with a beard looks like a tramp.
    I don’t like straggly unkempt beards….absolute laziness.
    Don’t mind trimmed and well kept beards, which I have from time to time.
  • PopIcon said:
    I don’t like straggly unkempt beards….absolute laziness.
    Don’t mind trimmed and well kept beards, which I have from time to time.

Thanks. I’ll give it a go on desktop. 

Doesn’t let me do it on mobile site. 
    @suedead@SuedeAdidas. If on mobile you may have accidentally clicked on the star on right hand side of thread title. 

• Sponsored links:

• Spending more time in the office now which is fine not a problem with that I actually like the mix (5 days a week would be too much). What does annoy me is that I have a worse setup than I do at home. 

You have 40 years to do what you’re told even though logic defies the instructions. 😉☹️
    If my financial plan comes off I'll only have another 22 (on top of the 8 I've done) before I can retire. 

Unless the missus changes her mind and decides she wants kids. In which case I'm working till I die.
  • PopIcon said:
    Had a beard for years and I can assure you it’s not laziness, I just look fantastic with one.
  • edited August 29
    PopIcon said:
    Thank you for the compliment, I have grown a tash and chin beard since I was 19. Shaved it off twice and did not like the shape of my chin. I trim it regularly and I am sure my wife of nearly 60 years would let me know if I looked like a tramp 👎😠
  • @DaveStorry and @Redmidland in the pub without me. 
    W****** 😂😂

• Solidgone said:
    Men who never button the duvet up the right way and then you have to redo said buttons.
    Men who when they take the duvet off the bed and put it in the wash, I take it out when done to find it inside out filled with everything else inside which then tKBslittlesis said:
    Men who never button the duvet up the right way and then you have to redo said buttons.
    Men who when they take the duvet off the bed and put it in the wash, I take it out when done to find it inside out filled with everything else inside which then falls onto the floor and if you’re not quick enough gets dirty again.

falls onto the floor and if you’re not quick enough gets dirty again.
    You could clean the floor🤓
    I do, constantly, since he got his dog!
    And don’t get me started on the hoovering 😩😂😂😂😂

If my financial plan comes off I'll only have another 22 (on top of the 8 I've done) before I can retire. 

Unless the missus changes her mind and decides she wants kids. In which case I'm working till I die.
    Better start planning for a change of plan. Unless your missus is around 40+
  • Political nonsense, particularly 3 word slogans.
    "Fixing the foundations" continues the shabby practice.
  • Usual suspects getting threads closed again. Wankers.
    I just caught up on that thread. Always a couple of tits that just can't help themselves.
  • Men who never button the duvet up the right way and then you have to redo said buttons.
    I can strip down and rebuild machinery, reverse engineer components, design and manufacture new test rigs for scientific research and I’m quite handy about the house with a screwdriver. 
    But the bloody duvet, like most men, is just one of those technologies that eludes me, despite my wife’s persistence over many years of marriage, trying to teach me buttoning techniques and quilt stuffing. The controls of the washing machine and various other white goods are also a beyond my skill level. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!