Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New to the site ? tell us where you live

Comments

• Options
    Born in Stratford and brought up in East Ham. My Dad and his family were all from Charlton, so, despite being able to hear the roar from Upton Park in our back yard, I was taken to Charlton from the age of two and have never looked back. Went to Uni in Portsmouth and have stayed in Hampshire ever since. Now live in Titchfield Common half way between Portsmouth and Southampton and get up for around 15 games a season.
  • Options

Born in Stratford and brought up in East Ham. My Dad and his family were all from Charlton, so, despite being able to hear the roar from Upton Park in our back yard, I was taken to Charlton from the age of two and have never looked back. Went to Uni in Portsmouth and have stayed in Hampshire ever since. Now live in Titchfield Common half way between Portsmouth and Southampton and get up for around 15 games a season.

Nice place Titchfield.
  • Options
    Born in St Nick's in Plumstead. Grew up in Middle Park in Eltham. Moved to Greenvale Road in (nicer) Eltham and now live in Sundridge Park.
  • Options
    DanDavis said:

British Hospital For Mothers and Babies - Frances St Woolwich. Various around SE London until Barnehurst for 23 years, then for the past year, Goring By Sea, West Sussex.

I was born in the same hospital as well , now long gone.
    I was born there too

and me.
  • Options
    DanDavis said:

British Hospital For Mothers and Babies - Frances St Woolwich. Various around SE London until Barnehurst for 23 years, then for the past year, Goring By Sea, West Sussex.

I was born there too

and me.
  • Options
    Blimey Callow I too lived in Plumstead and first time at the Valley 53-54 where abouts in Plumstaed??
  • Options
    Blimey Callow I too lived in Plumstead and first time at the Valley 53-54 where abouts in Plumstaed??
  • Options
    Born in Lewisham in 1987, grew up in Mottingham, moved to Canterbury for studies for four years when I was 18. Spent a year in Charlton, and have been in Greenwich/Maze Hill since 2010.
  • Options
    Born in Queen Mary's Hospital, Sidcup. Grew up in Barenhurst, until I was 11. Then began living in Chafford Hundred, Essex. Haven't moved away since.
  • Options

DanDavis said:

I was born there too

and me.
    Yep, me too. ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Born in greenwich, live 0.2 miles away from the valley.
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

DanDavis said:

I was born there too

and me.
    Yep, me too. ;)
    And me. That hospital was a real production line of outstanding Charlton supporter talent :wink:
  • Options
    fenny said:

I lived at 55 Crescent Road until 1967
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Born in St. Alfeges in Greenwich during a blizzard in 1956. Spent next five years living just a long iron from there before moving to Charlton where I lived until 1976 when I moved to the top of Shooters Hill. Whole life in the Borough of Greenwich.

First match in 1960/61 season. Thanks Uncle Fred.
  • Options
    Does anybody know the wareabouts of steve Forrest , ? A very good friend of mine, he lived at west kings down near brands hatch , lost contact with him when he got divorced from his wife sue, his son warren used to accompany us to the valley , going back to the 1990s . The last jobhe had as far as I know was at gat wick airport .
    Perhaps we should start a new cattogry of lost friends ?
  • Options
    Petts Wood
  • Options
    Born in Odense on the Isle of Funen, Denmark! Still live here, studying at the University.
  • Options
    Woolwich Military Hosp, Eltham for 20years then Sunny Sidcup, Newtownards in Co Down, then near Monchengladbach for a couple of years, then Ditton near Maidstone for 3, now suburbs of Sydney since 2002.
  • Options
    Soon to be Stratford Upon Avon for me, all being well.
  • Options

Soon to be Stratford Upon Avon for me, all being well.

No chance. You'll be bard.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2015

Born same place as you. Moved to Cheshire from SE9 at age 20 and to Purdis Farm, Suffolk, 17 yrs ago. Very happy here- 10 minutes from seaside and just a nice place to live.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    South darenth, darenth, hextable, currrently in plumstead
  • Options
    Born British Hospital for Mothers and Babies , grew up in Eltham and New Eltham. Moved to Welling then Trowbridge, Wiltshire and back to New Eltham. Now live in Hullbridge in Essex.
  • Options
    1965-1971 SE18
    1971-1990 SE9
    1990-1995 SE12
    1995-Present SE9

Always lived in the borough of Greenwich unless it was still Woolwich when I was born, not sure when it changed. Now Royal Greenwich. Proud to live here and I'll never leave.
  • Options
    spoken like a true East Londoner Rivs....
  • Options
    Riviera said:

1965-1971 SE18
    1971-1990 SE9
    1990-1995 SE12
    1995-Present SE9

Always lived in the borough of Greenwich unless it was still Woolwich when I was born, not sure when it changed. Now Royal Greenwich. Proud to live here and I'll never leave.

Not that it answers your question but the change from Woolwich to Greenwich actually happened in 1965!
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Riviera said:

1965-1971 SE18
    1971-1990 SE9
    1990-1995 SE12
    1995-Present SE9

Not that it answers your question but the change from Woolwich to Greenwich actually happened in 1965!
    I was born in September so probably the change had happened?
  • Options
    Riviera said:

LenGlover said:

Riviera said:

1965-1971 SE18
    1971-1990 SE9
    1990-1995 SE12
    1995-Present SE9

I was born in September so probably the change had happened?
    I think the change was April but that is the memory of what was then a young boy so not 100% reliable perhaps although the year is definitely right.
  • Options
    born in Bromley/Farnborough. lived in Sevenoaks, Catford, Lewisham and I'm now living in borough green.

hope to move back to London again but probably not Lewisham.