Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Curbs has resigned

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]not confirmed oggy.

Right, didn't know that.

Thanks, Killer.
  • [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Couldn't bear to hold him in the same high regard as he deserved when he was kitted out in that lot's gear... now he's out he's back where he belongs! Certified Charlton legend forevermore!

Spot on! Totally agree.
  • Well who is really 'in charge' at clubs nowadays....just look at ourselves over the last few months...can we 'honestly' say that Pards has been in sole charge of transfer matters of late...I think not!
  • Maybe Day will be given the job ;-)

Curbs can now and go and support West Ham now as he is such a big fan.
  • [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]Good luck to him. he is too good to receive the vitriol he receieved for getting a two bob team tenth in The Premiership.

I really feel this is also a part of the Man City syndrome. Those clubs who are perennially fifth to tenth have been spending £100m+ to try to get into the top four. They now have to decide whether to spend £300m+. if the answers no then why spend at all hence clubs like WHU will sell their best or most expensive players.

Totally agree Brunello.

maybe now the club can have a proper ceremony to unveil his bust
  • [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]Maybe Day will be given the job ;-)

Curbs can now and go and support West Ham now as he is such a big fan.

Don't give up the Day job........

;o)
  • Good point SoundAsa. Why was Dowie only a head coach ????
  • Don't think Keegan has been officially confirmed so if Curbs has gone then those of who backed him as first Prem. manager to go will get a nice payout!
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    maybe now the club can have a proper ceremony to unveil his bust

Or Fishnets would prefer Deborah Meaden's from Dragons Den........?

;o)
  • edited September 2008
    I wonder if he can get constructive dismissal - i.e. he resigned cos they moved the goal posts (forgive the pun)

Or perhaps he had 100k on him being first to go..
  • Sponsored links:

• yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

who cares
  • Fair to say that a few West Ham fans have got what they wanted.
  • So 4th in the Premiership isn't good enough?

I really, really hope the mugs get relegated.
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]So 4th in the Premiership isn't good enough?

I really, really hope the mugs get relegated.

Totally agree with that Len.
  • Becareful what you wish for they could get someone like Dowie !!!!
  • [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]Becareful what you wish for they could get someone like Dowie !!!!

Ex-hammer and he has a flat in Docklands I hear
  • I think this is another example of the days of the traditional football manager being numbered.

The arrival of so many foreign owners is increasingly bringing the format of continental style coaches into the Premier League. Managers aren't allowed to manage in the way that has existed for so many years and are now expected to have little say in the arrivals and departures of playing staff.

When the likes of Fergie and Redknapp etc have gone, their like won't be seen again IMO. I wonder where Mark Hughes will be in a year or less?
  • It's part of the FA's master plan

Bilic goes to West Ham
    Croatia national team implodes
    We qualifty for the world cup

FA pay Curbs a stack of money by way of thanks
  • Bilac to West Ham
    Curbs to The Valley
    Pards to Newcastle
    Keegan to Croatian Nat Team
    Alladyce to continue with his gardening
  • oooh swissy, i like that, i like that!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Brunello said:

I really feel this is also a part of the Man City syndrome. Those clubs who are perennially fifth to tenth have been spending £100m+ to try to get into the top four. They now have to decide whether to spend £300m+. if the answers no then why spend at all hence clubs like WHU will sell their best or most expensive players.

Its a point argued very well by Martin Samual in the Times today.

'What has been changed by the Manchester City takeover is that the most thankless job in football now is to be in charge of a club who believe that they should be big. Newcastle, Liverpool, Tottenham Hotspur, Aston Villa; where do these clubs go if joining the elite requires a key to the exclusive platinum room at the billionaires' spa, the one that their gold membership card does not quite cover?'
  • [cite]Posted By: sporaddick[/cite]I think this is another example of the days of the traditional football manager being numbered.

The arrival of so many foreign owners is increasingly bringing the format of continental style coaches into the Premier League. Managers aren't allowed to manage in the way that has existed for so many years and are now expected to have little say in the arrivals and departures of playing staff.

When the likes of Fergie and Redknapp etc have gone, their like won't be seen again IMO. I wonder where Mark Hughes will be in a year or less?

Exactly!
  • edited September 2008
    Curbs needs a good few months away from the Prem. There was a question mark (media) as if he could handle the big money transfers and big tim players. Whatever the truth at WHU it will be looked on that he coudnt.

As for Curbs and CAFC he can come and watch no problem, but thats it. All the bollox " going back tohis belved WHU " " always had the eastend in his blood" no coming back ------------- NO COMING BACK.
  • Curbs took 6 months 'sabbatical' after he left Charlton.

Time for him to pay another visit to New Zealand?
    His sister will put the kettle on.

;o)
  • Lets see his brother go on Talksport and slag off the West Ham fans like he did to us.
  • Working on the every cloud has a silver lining principle does this create an opportunity for a few West Ham players to come to The Valley on loan if they are out of favour with the new technical director.

James Collins, Hayden Mullins, Matthew Etherington, Jonathan Spector anyone?
  • "A premiership manager was always gonna get the hump with his board and walk on on his job this season, why can't it be me" - Alan Curbishley
  • [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]Lets see his brother go on Talksport and slag off the West Ham fans like he did to us.

Yeah, I can see that happening. NOT
  • Keegan to WHU
    Curbs to NUFC

swop each others "hot bed of total bollox"
  • [cite]Posted By: Amos on the wing[/cite]"A premiership manager was always gonna get the hump with his board and walk on on his job this season, why can't it be me" - Alan Curbishley

LOL, Amos!