Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Curbs has resigned

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Amos on the wing[/cite]"A premiership manager was always gonna get the hump with his board and walk on on his job this season, why can't it be me" - Alan Curbishley

LOL, Amos!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Amos on the wing[/cite]"A premiership manager was always gonna get the hump with his board and walk on on his job this season, why can't it be me" - Alan Curbishley

Ha ha!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Curbs needs a good few months away from the Prem. There was a question mark (media) as if he could handle the big money transfers and big tim players. Whatever the truth at WHU it will be looked on that he coudnt.

As for Curbs and CAFC he can come and watch no problem, but thats it. All the bollox " going back tohis belved WHU " " always had the eastend in his blood" go coming back
    NO COMING BACK.

My sentiments exactly, did a great job for us, but could not care less what he does now.
  • Options
    Poor curbs. He won 4-1 the other day too. Joke.
  • Options
    Maybe he'll have time to re-write his book and include something interesting
  • Options
    Meow Henry lol
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Curbs' timing is quite good, if you think about it .....

1) He comes in and somehow against all regulationsodds, manages to save the Hamster Scamster's Prem place.
    2) The next season, with half the squad crocked for long periods, manages to finish a respectable 10th.
    3) Having seen his squad reduced over his head, still manages to start the season with 6 points from first 3 matches.
    4) Knows it would have been hard to better last season's 10th place on reduced resources, decides himself to leave on a high, on the back of a handsome 4-1 victory.

His Board made no secret of the fact that they might consider replacing him, so maybe payoff discussions had already been thrashed out - and an agreement that Curbs himself could announce his resignation?

That way their club dispose of Curbs in his favourite way, "......walking through the front door instead of ....", compensation already winging its way to Curbs overseas account, and a new managerial appointment to be made poste haste.

Winners all round. Cynic...... moi?.
  • Options
    Curbs resigned....but did he jump or was he pushed....?

Best of luck for your future Curbs, you will always be a legend at Charlton in my view. You were never going to satisfy the hamsters. They would still be in the second tier if its wasn't for you (and Tevez and the FA).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]So 4th in the Premiership isn't good enough?

I really, really hope the mugs get relegated.

exactly , exactly our club has gone downhill rapidly since his departure ,i hope they go the same crappy route
  • Options
    'exactly , exactly our club has gone downhill rapidly since his departure ,i hope they go the same crappy route'

indeed but due to a terrible appointment.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2008
    I've no ill feelings towards Curbs what-so-ever and I'm always a little surprised by the odd(and the word here is odd!!) Addick here and there who seems intent upon giving him some sarcastic stick....uncalled for IMHO and who knows we might see him at The Valley now and again or even dare I say it, at a Bromley meeting...as long as he's not expected to edumicate that is!
  • Options
    Who wants to bet they get some Italian.

Would love to see sam allardyce go there
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]Who wants to bet they get some Italian.

Would love to see sam allardyce go there

You mean someone like Sama Allardichio!??
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]I've no ill feelings towards Curbs what-so-ever and I'm always a little surprised by the odd(and the word here is odd!!) Addick here and there who seems intent upon giving him some sarcasic stick....uncalled for IMHO and who knows we might see him at The Valley now and again or even dare I say it, at a Bromley meeting...as long as he's not expected to edumicate that is!

What a great idea Soundas, now where can I get his phone number.
  • Options
    Di canio as his 1st mangerial job or Billic

both inexperienced mgrs one not even a mgr yet both could get them relegated too which i would larf and larf and larf (see i know eastend)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]'exactly , exactly our club has gone downhill rapidly since his departure ,i hope they go the same crappy route'

indeed but due to a terrible appointment.

nope,i don't agree as i think pardew will come good this season.
  • Options
    It had to happen
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Knew it was coming, atleast he left on his own terms.
  • Options
    Poor old sod. Will Curbs pack it in altogether or will he end up at Naaarwich or Colchester?
  • Options
    I said a couple of weeks ago when he already getting some flak that I hoped he walked out on them and they plummeted to relegation - it's no more than they deserve.

All the best, Curbs.

PS Apparently they've just had their best start to a season for nine years too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That's why he left now, Weegie .....(!)
  • Options
    he's on Sky Sports News now, sounding as knackered as he did when he left us.

he blames "a breach of trust and confidence", says their ticker.
  • Options
    Good luck to him. Fans expectation levels are too high in football now three years ago they were in the championship now they are forth in the league,ok his style
    of play can be boaring but if West Ham fans want attractive football dont expect to stay up
  • Options
    Curbs statement:

"The selection of players is critical to the job of manager and I had an agreement with the club that I alone would determine the composition of the squad.

"I started my West Ham career when I left school in 1974 and have remained a lifelong fan.

"I have been incredibly proud to manage such a great club and my decision to resign has been very tough.

"Nevertheless, I wish the club and the players every success in the future."
  • Options
    "We must have the biggest first-team squad in the Premier League of about 40, so there is considerable room for manoeuvre. "

A first-team squad of 40 and Curbs signed a Utility player. Now that is funny.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]"We must have the biggest first-team squad in the Premier League of about 40, so there is considerable room for manoeuvre. "

A first-team squad of 40 and Curbs signed a Utility player. Now that is funny.

That's cruel, Chunesy .....lol
  • Options
    Probably rubish but Swansea manager linked with West Ham job.

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/297101017?-11197
  • Options
    The unrealistic attitude of the spammers means that Curbs is well out of that viper's nest.

Why are people here giving stick to, arguably, our greatest ever manager?

Some people really are ungrateful dickheads.

All the best Curbs.
  • Options
    ditto bigsetemarra
  • Options
    Wonder when he told Day. When he left Charlton he only told day and Peacock a few hours before the Blackburn game and said day was well unimpressed