Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Andy Murray

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]I go back to my original point, Henman doing the same would have been labelled racist immediately by the great unwashed of the Guardian reading left.

I think you would be right that some of "them" would.

and they would be very wrong to do so.

LOL...enjoying your issue today Henry :-)

Never read it, never liked it much as a paper TBH. Prefer the Times.
  • Options
    GH - Youre quoting the print media, who will happily use terms such as "Race Riot" just to sell papers, when in fact it has nothing to do with race at all. Youve previously picked up the media for doing the same. You cant have it both ways mate.
  • Options
    Dan what about about the Irish then how do you see the Scots and English as the same but the Irish as differant ?

The Scots / Welsh / Irish were Celts

the English were Anglo Saxon ( yes some english will be of Viking and Celtic ansesters)

The last true King of the English died on 14th October 1066.
  • Options
    No I dont see us as any different. Then again I dont see myself as any different to a Somali, Indian or Chinaman.

If other people want to make something out of nothing for their own means then thats down to them. Personally I find it all rather pathetic.
  • Options
    My working class descendants suffered poverty, poor housing and disease why a quarter of globe was coloured pink so despite colonialism being, IMHO, wrong I have no cross to bear for it.

It sounds as if Henry has got himself a time machine!

Not sure how far forward he went, but his descendants are living in a time where a quarter of the world is "pink", so either he means that literally and there has been some sort of ecological disaster that has discoloured 25% of the planet or else the gays have taken over the world!
    ;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    My working class descendants suffered poverty, poor housing and disease why a quarter of globe was coloured pink so despite colonialism being, IMHO, wrong I have no cross to bear for it.

It sounds as if Henry has got himself a time machine!

Not sure how far forward he went, but his descendants are living in a time where a quarter of the world is "pink", so either he means that literally and there has been some sort of ecological disaster that has discoloured 25% of the planet or else the gays have taken over the world!
    ;o)

No likes a smart arse Off it : - )

My dad was born in 1925 at which time a quarter of the MAP of the globe was coloured pink
  • Options
    Or even "no-one" Henry?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Or even "no-one" Henry?

You bounder, sir.
  • Options
    You're really not having a good day today are you Henry!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]You're really not having a good day today are you Henry!

No one mention cardigans.........
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]You're really not having a good day today are you Henry!

NO I'M NOT!

Got asked to do a last minute piece of work, got to be done by end of month which is fine, all dosh welcome and then they tell me it's a school in Bexleyheath.

F**** knows what the staff are going to be like let alone the brats students
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]

No one mention cardigans.........

Too late, met the CEO and another, very minor, director ; - ) today and even they were going on about F******* Cardigans.
  • Options
    Beat Federer today to get to the final of Madrid Masters
  • Options
    Murray ? who
  • Options
    :-)
  • Options
    Bumpy bump. Won the final in straight sets.
  • Options
    That's my lad :-)
  • Options
    Still hate him, he is not English he is not even British he is solely an arrogant scotish tosser who neither respects us or our wonderful wimbledon.
  • Options
    but he is an occaisonal visitor to THe Valley, so I like him now ... go Andy!
  • Options
    yeah, it was great, did you see his after match speech? "thank you to the ball girls - we all enjoyed your help! sorry to the crowd for preventing a nadal v federer final"

he came across very well. well done him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    say what you like about him but Murray is the real deal on the tennis court - something Tiger Tim never quite was

he's got to have a great chance of winning a Slam next year. Perhaps even the Australian in January...
  • Options
    Poor old Andy knocked out the Australian Open by Verdasco (spelling)

Another brit tennis player falling at the last(ish) hurdle.

Pale faced jocks and hot Australian sun don't go
  • Options
    They say your first Grand Slam is the hardest. His game is really suited to the hard courts of Aus and US. So can't really see him winning French or Wimbledon. He has always mantained the US Open his favourite. He won the Junior title there.
    He has obvioulsy proved he can play against the top players and beat them, but to do it in a Major is the real test.
    If he does win one or more then he deserves it, however I still will not like him and I can never see the day when his defeats are not greated with glee from many English.
    There was a massive cheer here (dealing room of 300+) this morning as he crashed out.
    To be fair today, he offered no excuses, the other bloke simply played better.
  • Options
    LOL....good news, he lost, dour anti English muppet.
  • Options
    He actually displayed some humility in the press conference.

I still don't like him much but he is British whether he likes it or not so the way I see it us English win either way.

If he manages to win a Slam he is British if he doesn't he is a sullen Scottish twat!
  • Options
    I think we takes this anti English stuff he came out with too seriously. There was a large amount of tongue in cheek (it was said in Henmans earshot to wind him up).

Yes he's surley but who gives a damn if he's also a winner. Look at McEnroe, hated by everyone for his outbursts and angry intensity then, now most loved commentator and a legend.

We are the ones who need to look at ourselves. I am disappointed he didn't win.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]I think we takes this anti English stuff he came out with too seriously.

Sorry, dont agree Bing, the English roll over and take this sort of stuff far too easily for my liking, thats why we get accused of having no identity or pride in our nation (although St Georges days celebrations get larger every year).
    All I ask is imagine if an English player had said it about Scotland, Wales or god forbid ROI, the papers would have had a field day and MP's would be demanding an apology, but the English are expected to take it on the chin and laugh it off, sorry, not me.

And him being a hibs fan, makes me even more certain he meant it, its only his PR & management teams now making him backtrack due to the publicity.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]Look at McEnroe, hated by everyone for his outbursts and angry intensity then, now most loved commentator and a legend.

McEnroe was, is and always will be a total ass. He is exactly what he appears to be. It is not an act.

He is an interesting commentator that has been overexposed. At least in America.

People love him like they love watching car wrecks on television.

He was a legendary player. But that's about all that can be said about him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]And him being a hibs fan, makes me even more certain he meant it, its only his PR & management teams now making him backtrack due to the publicity.

Oh there is some anti English stuff which is unexceptable, I just didn't think his stuff was. I heard one of the BBC Radio guys saying that he made these comments during an interview with Henman in the studio with him. He may have a great PR team but I don't think the BBC guy was on it.
  • Options
    Outplayed by Federer
    6-0 6-1