Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Andy Murray

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Might have known you'd be first up.
  • Options

Outplayed by Federer
    6-0 6-1

No new thread?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Lanky Swiss.
  • Options

Lanky Swiss twat.

Beat the miserable Scottish twat
  • Options
    That's better.
  • Options

Outplayed by Federer
    6-0 6-1

No new thread?
    I've just resurrected an old one to make up for it and as it is the "official Andy Murray thread" I rather think the moderators ought to close this imposter!
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    The geezer is a
  • Options
    edited November 2014

The geezer is a

Me
    Federer
    or Murray
  • Options
    Federer v Djokovic final could be very good.
  • Options

Federer v Djokovic final could be very good.

Ah. Maybe not then.

Shame, was looking forward to it.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fair play to Murray stepping in for an exhibition match with Djokovic
    Then he's playing doubles with McEnroe v henman & cash
  • Options
    Turn it in oohaah, I'm not buying that, we all know he's a miserable prick.
  • Options
    Think it's time to cut young Andy a bit of slack, guys.

Tonight, he'll be in bits after his family suffered a tragedy of the worst kind.

Mum, Judy was FINALLY voted off Strictly !!!!

About time too ! Although she did come across very well, she was as stiff as a ....

I'll let nla finish that one !
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Sorry chaps!

All my fault Fed pulled out. I had a ticket for finals day as a present so was there.

In all seriousness credit to Andy Murray for stepping in and Djok too as well as Henman, Mcenroe and Cash.

It was never going to be as good as a match between the world's numbers one and two but in the circumstances people who had travelled a long way in some cases at least had some entertainment.

The Bryans were good earlier. They've won over 100 ATP titles now!

• Options
    What was the score Len in Djok v Murray ?

I watched most of the doubles on telly and Henman still looked in decent nick but Cash looked like he was carrying some timber
    Was very entertaining and i hope the ball girls parents were recording when her two minutes of fame arrived !
  • Options
    Well done Andy for stepping up for this x 2. Would love to have seen the doubles, but didn't realsie this morning what had been arranged after Fed pulled out
  • Options

I watched most of the doubles on telly and Henman still looked in decent nick but Cash looked like he was carrying some timber
    Was very entertaining and i hope the ball girls parents were recording when her two minutes of fame arrived !

Djok won 8-5.

Decent game and both put it in. The difference ultimately was unforced errors by Murray.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Djok won 8-5.

Decent game and both put it in. The difference ultimately was unforced errors by Murray.
    Hardly surprising considering Murray was probably just planning a nice relaxed Sunday lunch and a spot of TV, then got the HELP phone call! And it meant missing his mother being knocked out of Strictly...
  • Options
    Er, she was knocked out of Strictly on Saturday....
  • Options
    edited November 2014

LenGlover said:

Djok won 8-5.

Hardly surprising considering Murray was probably just planning a nice relaxed Sunday lunch and a spot of TV, then got the HELP phone call! And it meant missing his mother being knocked out of Strictly...
    Yes but equally when you are mentally prepared to play an intense final it must be difficult to adjust to a match with nothing on it.

I wasn't criticising Murray with my comments at all indeed I praised them both for the spectacle they created.

..."Decent game and both put it in"....

The fact is though Djok won and, as someone that was there, my view is that unforced errors by Andy were the main reason.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2014
    A Murray v Djokovic friendly and a Pat v The Brat knock about is hardly worth the price of a ticket bought for the final .. I would hope that the tournament organisers would be refunding some cash (not Pat) to disappointed spectators who were hoping to see a proper match
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Er, she was knocked out of Strictly on Saturday....

But he wouldn't be able to SEE his mother exiting until Sunday evening!
  • Options
    I was a little surprised to read that Stan Wawrinka is over two years older than Murray. Wawrinka has developed 'late'. Murray still has time to win another grand slam or two but of course the opposition is formidable. This is always the case when the UK gets a very good tennis player, there are always one or two around who are a league higher, this situation goes way back to Roger Taylor, Mark Cox and of course (come on) Tim Henman.
    Murray wants to get a bit nastier. Federer is always smiling, Nadal always snarling but underneath they are both fighting dogs. Murray needs to mutate from Highland Terrier to British Bulldog or even American Pitbull
  • Options
    Murray's standing in the world of tennis has been far higher than Taylor, Cox & Henman having won the Olympics, US Open and Wimbledon.

He has to find the motivation and extraordinary level of fitness needed to do it all again which is a very tough ask mentally. Maybe he will get that inner desire back to 'go again' and it has to be next year, but I think, deep down, he simply doesn't want it enough any more - I'm not going to blame him for that, he's done more for british tennis than anyone in the last 70 plus years.