Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jokes..

Comments

• Options
    Apparently one in three Britons are conceived in an IKEA bed which is mad because those places are really well lit
    Ffs, is, not are. 
  • Options
    Is, in this instance would be singular, therefore ‘are’ is surely correct as he is indicating more than one i.e. ‘places’.
    It’s what I would have written anyway.
  • Options
    I think he is referring to ... Britons are...
  • Options
    shouldn't it be on???
  • Options
    I liked the original.
  • Options
    It's the one that is the subject of the verb, so 'is' is correct. You could just as well write "one Briton in three is..." which would eliminate any confusion. But we all know what he meant, so who cares?
    Although I do enjoy a bit of grammar pedantry.

• Options
    Who led the Pedants Revolt?

Which Tyler!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2022

Reminds of the old joke, If Ty-phoo buts the T in BriTain who put the c*** in Scunthorpe.

• Options
    edited April 2022

Reminds of the old joke, If Ty-phoo buts the T in BriTain who put the c*** in Scunthorpe.

puts NOT buts.🥺🥺🥺
  • Options
    edited April 2022

puts NOT buts.🥺🥺🥺

Oh sorry sir! Freudian slip of the buts there.

• Options
    pretty sure I saw him tell that joke at Circus Tavern
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    pretty sure I saw him tell that joke at Circus Tavern
    Excellent delivery and timing, saw him at Lakeside...
  • Options
    Is, in this instance would be singular, therefore ‘are’ is surely correct as he is indicating more than one i.e. ‘places’.
    It’s what I would have written anyway.
    One is singular, therefore “is”. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Years ago everyone owned horses, and only the rich owned cars. Now everyone owns cars, and only the rich own horses.. oh how the stables have turned. 
  • Options
    I’m on the island of San Andres where the pirate Captain Morgan stashed his goodies. I couldn’t help thinking of the spanners defeat by Morts in the snow burying capt morgans lot 

• Options
    _MrDick said:

Whatever works I suppose. It was Sauchiehall Street and Hope Street last time I heard it.