Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wayne Brown - Rumoured to be signing tomorrow

edited January 2009 in Rumours
Heard a whisper from a very good source that he might be on his way?

Would sort of fit in with the players Parkys trying to get in, 31, contract ends at the end of the season, a centre back.

Comments

• Options
    http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=21404&page=1#Item_13
  • Options
    was previously at Col U. Was he there under Parky ?
  • Options
    He was there under Parky. He's a bit average to be honest, released by Ipswich years ago as they prefered Richard Naylor at centre half (even though he was trained as a striker!).
    I would like to see MarK Yeates from Colchester sign for us...he's a good winger that clan play on either flank and he is a big fan of Parky.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LiveByTheSword[/cite]and he is a big fan of Parky.

well, that's one then !!
  • Options
    Brown was the linchpin of Parky's promoted Colchester side and helped keep them in the CCC the year after PP left.

Was sold to Hull and helped them get promotion last term.

Now not in the Hull side and was loaned out to PNE on 27th October for one month after being told he wouldn't feature for City.

31, originally from Barking, 6 ft 0 in defender.
  • Options
    yeates would be a very good signing a midfielder who scores goals.
  • Options
    Brown had one good season at Col U when they had the cup run and got his big move to Hull.

Other than that he has had 10 years of mediocrity.

Cant be worse than Hudson though.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Brown had one good season at Col U when they had the cup run and got his big move to Hull.

Other than that he has had 10 years of mediocrity.

Cant be worse than Hudson though.

So being promoted twice with Col U and once with Hull doesn't count, just the cup run?
  • Options
    Just saying he had one very good season at Col U, fair play to him for getting promoted to the Championship with Col U and being part of the squad that got promoted with Hull.

Just dont think he is that good, certainly would have Fortune instead of him.
  • Options
    I think the issue is that, as at the start of the season, we do only have two proper centre backs and with suspensions/possible injuries around the corner we must get an addition in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Didn't we have a previous Mediocre Brown who was a Centre Half ... never let you down mind you
  • Options
    I don't really know anything about this guy, but on a positive note, if Parky is at least going after experienced players that he already knows well, that should increase their chance of settling in and contributing. Any signing in our current predicament is a gamble, so minimising some of the unknowns should help?

This Demontagnac fella doesn't quite seem to fit that bill, though!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Just saying he had one very good season at Col U, fair play to him for getting promoted to the Championship with Col U and being part of the squad that got promoted with Hull.

Just dont think he is that good, certainly would have Fortune instead of him.

He played 41 league games for Hull last season so a bit more than just part of the squad. Don't know if he is any good but I was hearing the same "he's had one good season" about Big Chris when he came.

I would have Fortune in the side as well. For me Brown is a possible replacement for Hudson not Fortune.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]yeates would be a very good signing a midfielder who scores goals.

No chance, they'd want a decent fee for him.

We're not going to be signing players in the middle of their careers, most signings will be 30+ or not far off it I think.
  • Options
    I agree with you on that.

Hudson is the root of all our evils in my opinion.

Maybe a bit OTT but he is the only mainstay of our defence this season and we have let in a stupid amount of goals.

Captain though so cant see him being dropped :(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Cant be worse than Hudson though.

Of course he can, we'll see that next season in League One when we talk about last season when we used to have Lloyd Sam on the wing, Andy Gray up front, Fortune at centre back when we replace them with even worse players.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]For me Brown is a possible replacement for Hudson not Fortune.

Agree with that as well.

Fortune's generally solid, it's just he's more Rio Ferdinand than John Terry, makes it harder for him to impress.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]For me Brown is a possible replacement for Hudson not Fortune.

Agree with that as well.

Fortune's generally solid, it's just he's more Rio Ferdinand than John Terry, makes it harder for him to impress.

Fortune is best playing off a big CH who attacks the ball ie Costa or Fish.
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]I agree with you on that.

Hudson is the root of all our evils in my opinion.

Maybe a bit OTT but he is the only mainstay of our defence this season and we have let in a stupid amount of goals.

Captain though so cant see him being dropped :(

Wouldn't go that far but I don't think he's been much better than Paddy McCarthorse.

Anyway my sources are non-existent so I'll wait to hear about it on the OS before I get my knickers in a twist.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I think I'm correct in saying that in Fortune's 14 league games this season we have won 4 lost 4 and drawn 6 which is mid table form.

That suggests to me that any defensive problems are not his fault given that we have lost 11 of the 12 games he has missed I think!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]I think I'm correct in saying that in Fortune's 14 league games this season we have won 4 lost 4 and drawn 6 which is mid table form.

That suggests to me that any defensive problems are not his fault given that we have lost 11 of the 12 games he has missed I think![/quote]

And Fortune's record since he came back from injury Len?

We are NOT the same side we were when Fortune played at the start of the season - and Hudson played then too remember!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]I don't really know anything about this guy, but on a positive note, if Parky is at least going after experienced players that he already knows well, that should increase their chance of settling in and contributing. Any signing in our current predicament is a gamble, so minimising some of the unknowns should help?

This Demontagnac fella doesn't quite seem to fit that bill, though!

Wayne Brown was / is Hull's big, bald, strong looking centre half. Was one of the one's giving us a good kicking last season. Sign him up.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]I think I'm correct in saying that in Fortune's 14 league games this season we have won 4 lost 4 and drawn 6 which is mid table form.

That suggests to me that any defensive problems are not his fault given that we have lost 11 of the 12 games he has missed I think!

"There but for Fortune....", as the song goes.

Maybe if Fortune hadn't got injured so early in the season, the predicament we are in now might not have developed to the same extent ....?
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    The correct stats for Fortune are not as good as I quoted wrongly from memory earlier.

However the principle still stands that we are better with Fortune than without him this season.

League games only:

With JF: P14 W3 D 4 L7

Without JF: P12 W1 D 3 L 8

To answer SupaClive since JF's return we have P7 W0 D3 L4 so prior to his injury we W3 D1 L3 which was mid table form.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Confirmed that we're in talks with him

http://www.sporthull.co.uk/football/hull_c...le.php?ID=10330
  • Options
    on loan of course getting ready for next season.
  • Options
    GET HIM IN
  • Options
    will be a very good signing i like the 2 so far do what you have to parky good luck
  • Options
    i like the look of these players coming in hope Mcklevely can be signed a back four for next season maybe :-

Murty, Hudson, Brown, Mckelvey.

Fortune will be sold.
  • Options
    Been told he's on his way down tomorrow.
  • Options
    Hudson will be gone b4 Forts IMO