Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wayne Brown - Rumoured to be signing tomorrow

Comments

• Options
    I did hear Friday it might be back on, but wouldn't hold your breath!
  • Options
    Hope it is true but will wait until it's on the good old OS as always : - )
  • Options
    Wouldn't be surprised if it happens at the end of the window, to see if another club want him permanently. We'll only get him on loan.
  • Options
    Have Hull bought any other CHs?

Didn't Dawson and Gardner come back after injury v the Spanners. maybe if they are fit that could open the door for Wayne to move and maybe to us.
  • Options
    Do we need another centre-half, then....?

;o)
  • Options
    Phil Brown has today said that they (Hull) have set us a fee to sign Wayne Brown and until it's reached he won't be coming to us. I'm guessing we're trying for a permanent deal then. Hope it happens as he's needed.
  • Options
    I think this will happen this week
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    swap them ambrose, he's premier class, honest... and can hang about till they plummit next season
  • Options
    Of any signing we are contemplating, a centre back must be the priority. With Fortunes unlucky injury and Hudson carrying a knock, we need to act urgently.
  • Options
    According to Sporting Life:

''Charlton have been urged to increase their offer for Hull defender Wayne Brown.

The Addicks spoke to Brown about a potential move earlier this month but talks over a deal stalled.

Brown, 31, is out of the first-team picture at the KC Stadium and had a loan spell at Preston earlier in the season.

Hull boss Phil Brown said: "We have put a price tag on Wayne Brown and Charlton, as yet, haven't come up to that valuation. Until we cross that bridge Wayne Brown will remain a Hull City player."

Wayne Brown said from the start that he was interested in a permanent move and not a loan, which may or may not have been why talks broke down a couple of weeks ago.

However, from the above it sounds as if we are now prepared to take him permanently and have made an offer. But that offer just ain't enough, it seems.

Time for a whip round?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I am sure that after Fortune's injury Murray will have started searching down the back of the club sofa in search of the extra pennies required.
  • Options
    they want money for a 31 year old who can't get in the team, feck that
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]they want money for a 31 year old who can't get in the team, feck that

He might not be able to get in Hull's current Premier League team, but he wouldn't be considering a move to a Championship club otherwise.

Anyhow, he skippered Hull to promotion to the Prem last season.
    Isn't that credentials enough ?
  • Options
    nope

:D
  • Options
    31 year old......

er...how much....???

surely they aren't asking silly money???
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I thought the policy for signing players was going to be buy young, improve them and either get promoted or sell them on at a profit. No more 30+ year olds.

Don't think Brown fits the bill. Another case of 'needs must...'?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PhoenixSiv[/cite]31 year old......

er...how much....???

I doubt it...and they also know we aren't exactly 'flush' at the moment.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PhoenixSiv[/cite]31 year old......

er...how much....???

all relative though. Peanuts for a prem club could be a lot to a club that is bottom of the CCC and on course to loose £1.5m
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Alex Wright[/cite]I thought the policy for signing players was going to be buy young, improve them and either get promoted or sell them on at a profit. No more 30+ year olds.

Don't think Brown fits the bill. Another case of 'needs must...'[/quote]

priority must be to stay up at the stage of the game
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Alex Wright[/cite]I thought the policy for signing players was going to be buy young, improve them and either get promoted or sell them on at a profit. No more 30+ year olds.

I think the current policy is sign anyone with experience who can get us out of the brown stuff. He was great for Hull last year and would be a superb signing if we pull it off.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil
    priority must be to stay up at the stage of the game

Hope it pays off if it happens. I'm contemplating £50 on us to stay up!
  • Options
    He was good at Welling Utd, but he must be well old now ...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Alex Wright[/cite]I thought the policy for signing players was going to be buy young, improve them and either get promoted or sell them on at a profit. No more 30+ year olds.

I think the current policy is sign anyone with experience who can get us out of the brown stuff. He was great for Hull last year and would be a superb signing if we pull it off.

As I said.....

I live in hope :)

BTW. Could we bring Turner back too? :)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Riscardo[/cite]He was good at Welling Utd, but he must be well old now ...
    At least 27? :)
  • Options
    Keepy uppy bonus should break this deadlock.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Riscardo[/cite]He was good at Welling Utd, but he must be well old now ...

Mate, I think that went over most people's head's...LOL
  • Options
    What about Shittu on loan from Bolton until end of season.?..he's not happy up there
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ct_addick[/cite]What about Shittu on loan from Bolton until end of season.?..he's not happy up there

No way. We only had one XXXXL shirt made and LargeAddick won't give it up.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]

Mate, I think that went over most people's head's...LOL

Oh well ... Wayne BROWN
  • Options
    He was no Nigel Ransom ;o)