Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wayne Brown - Rumoured to be signing tomorrow

12346»

Comments

• Options
    this is a very long day if it's still not happened ;o)
  • Options
    http://www.kentonline.co.uk/kol08/article/default.asp?article_id=55979

Read towards the bottom
  • Options
    ''Peanuts for a prem club could be a lot to a club that is bottom of the CCC and on course to loose £1.5m...''

And, according to what was said at the AGM today, that figure is set to triple to £4.5 million if we get relegated - so surely worth spending a bit of money in an attempt to avert that calamity.

In that context, Stubley is also right to highlight Parky's final quote in Tony Hudd's Kent Online article :

"We need to strengthen the squad and the defeat of Crystal Palace was pivotal for the board, who will look at the situation and see that we've got a chance."

If Parky is right then, another reason to celebrate last night's victory - three points keeps us sufficiently in touch (8 pts adrift) to give him some leverage on the board to spend a bit of money before the transfer window closes this weekend.
  • Options
    By the way, how good is Wayne Brown? Just watched the first half of WHU v Hull on Sky and Hull's back four have been shocking. If WB is any good, it's hard to see how they're keeping him out of the side!
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ct_addick[/cite]What about Shittu on loan from Bolton until end of season.?..he's not happy up there
    No way. We only had one XXXXL shirt made and LargeAddick won't give it up.
    Henry, from what I remember of Shittu, it was the shorts that needed to be made especially big.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]By the way, how good is Wayne Brown? Just watched the first half of WHU v Hull on Sky and Hull's back four have been shocking. If WB is any good, it's hard to see how they're keeping him out of the side!

Just a solid Championship player, and a bit too slow for the Prem from what I've seen about him.
  • Options
    If the lad is willing to drop down from the Premiership to sign a permanent deal at a club that very well might be 2 divisions below his current club in a few months time then it hints at the type of character we're after. Sign him up!
  • Options
    He's signed for Leicester I believe

DAMMIT!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]He's signed for Leicester I believe

DAMMIT!

Where's this come from as i can't even see it on the Leicester boards?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]He's signed for Leicester I believe

DAMMIT!

Where's this come from as i can't even see it on the Leicester boards?

Read it on F365 forum. Seemed a bit random to be bullshit but as yet there is no confirmation so you never know
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Parky talking to the Gravesend local rag:

"Obviously, I would have liked to have brought Wayne to the club, but my mind is moving away from that slightly."
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Sky are now reporting that two clubs have agreed a fee with Hull for Brown. Get a feeling we're not one of them.
  • Options
    Well, one of them might possibly be Hull ..... am I getting warm ....?

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Well, one of them might possibly be Hull ..... am I getting warm ....?

;o)

Ha ha Oggy :0)

Where's Plaaayer when u need a bit of an update?
  • Options
    Apparently Hull want 450k for him

We don't have that amount of dosh
  • Options
    Now running on BBC as well as Sky. Seems two clubs have agreed to meet Hull's valuation (and I'll take DPFC's word that it's 450k) , so I guess the player is now deciding between the two offers and dicsussing personal terms.

I think we can take it from Parky's comments it is not likely that we are one of them.

So unfair, because I bet we need him more than either of these other two clubs - as in I bet they've already got available centre backs. We have...er, precisely none for Sat's game !
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]
    So unfair, because I bet we need him more than either of these other two clubs - as in I bet they've already got available centre backs. We have...er, precisely none for Sat's game ![/quote

Thats life unfortunately. No money equals no options, Lets just hope a free soultion(not Darren Powell) opens up and can be brought in before sat. Anyway as Cleanshorts career is winding down he is looking more like a center half than anything else.
  • Options
    ah but knowing us we have probably waited until they got a decent offer for him before matching it, bad news it is probably a better positioned side with a realistic chance of promotion.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]ah but knowing us we have probably waited until they got a decent offer for him before matching it, bad news it is probably a better positioned side with a realistic chance of promotion.

I suspect we blew our chances a couple of weeks ago, meanwhile Hull have been touting him around and have found better offers and probably clubs that'll offer him a better deal.
  • Options
    The rumours about Brown signing for Leicester could be true but the press conference they called for this morning was not to announce the signing of Brown but the signing of James Scowcroft from Palace.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    http://www.hullcityafc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10338~1538465,00.html

Brown Signs for Leicester
  • Options
    On loan with a view to a permanent.....how odd is that?
  • Options
    He obviously wanted to play for a championship side next season