Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wayne Brown - Rumoured to be signing tomorrow

Comments

• Options
    Good signing in my book

Look how 'ard that back four looks

Murty Hudson/Fortune Brown McEveley... bleeding miles away from Moo2 Cranie Youga in there
  • Options
    Looks like this is going to happen and hopefully in time for Saturday to replace Hudson and play alongside Fortune.

He's only played one league game for Hull this season , due to injury. But he should be fitter than Murty because he also had a loan spell at Preston and made half a dozen appearances for them.
  • Options
    Oh no, not another fancy dan, pretty boy! :-)
    The words uncompromising & workmanlike spring to mind? Get him in!
  • Options
    all hail the new Eddie Youds!
  • Options
    From what I read (on TeamTalk I think), Phil Brown said it's for the rest of the season, permanent next season.

Should be happy to play for us, and solid, in this league or League One. Will be happy with it if it goes through.

Got to be him and Fortune together, for that bit extra pace we'll get from Fortune compared to Hudson.

If he signs and makes his debut and struggles, no doubt everyone will be saying he's too slow, and makes Basey/Hudson/Holland (pick one) look like Rommedahl.
  • Options
    I've seen a few people mention that Hudson could be dropped. That would be a huge decision by Parky and one that i don't think he'll make, although i heard a rumour that Hudson could be one of the faces that go. Do people really think that Hudson is a weak link? To me we have poor strikers which has meant extra pressure on a weak midfield which in turn has made our defence look much worse than it actually is.
  • Options
    Hudson is poor and expensive

After last week I'd make Holland our club captain
  • Options
    He's a decent in this league on form. Nowhere near as good as Pardew made out - who said he was a Premier League player. Seems like we're paying him a bit more than he's actually worth.
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]To me we have poor strikers which has meant extra pressure on a weak midfield which in turn has made our defence look much worse than it actually is.

That's part of it. Individually a lot of our players will do ok for other clubs.
  • Options
    Or if you spin it around, the defence has been so bad that its made the strikers look worse than they are because our goals for column isnt too bad but the goals against is shocking.

Im quite happy for Parkinson to look at sorting the defence out, build from the back and all that, my nan is as quick as Hudson and shes been dead 20 years.
  • Options
    I would call Costa one of the best two centre halves I've seen in the club colours in my time...(Rufus being the other)....he wasn't exactly quick was he...mind you he had a quick brain which made up for it....and how!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I like what little I have seen of this guy, I hope the games on tomorrow and he plays. I think people are being a bit harsh on huddy, it was fortunes poor clearance that lead to norwich's goal on sat, but he has had no-where near the stick huddy got on here for his error v qpr. I like fortune and huddy, but the bottom line is they're our only 2 centre halves so we need another.

Come on Brownie. Really hope tomorrows game goes ahead I am starting to get a positive vibe a la westham a few years ago!
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Bump

2pm Friday - thought we might have had confirmation on this one by now?
  • Options
    George Costa --- Captain of Portugal ---- played over 50 times for em and comes to Sarf London . Truely a WORLD class player along with Simonsen. Been lucky enough to have seen em both.

He hated Millwall as well which always helps. When asked if he hated Millwall Simo was reported as saying "who".
  • Options
    Hull fan at work says the following about Brown:

"He's a quality Championship defender - real leader, organiser type. He's very slow, and he's got the turning circle of a supertanker, but he's excellent in the air, no-nonsense, Row Z. His introduction was one of the major factors in our promotion last year, but he's way too slow for the Prem. Good signing for any Championship side. Most Hull fans hold him in a lot of affection."

Me like...
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Sounds like this one is taking its time to wrap up because it seems he doesn't just want a loan - he wants some prospect of a permanent deal at the end of it. Apparently turned down Leeds last season because it was a loan with nothing at the end.

I read that as he wants to play for a club he can fully commit to and not just be a hired hand for 20 games. Which sounds good to me...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]Hull fan at work says the following about Brown:

"He's a quality Championship defender - real leader, organiser type. He's very slow, and he's got the turning circle of a supertanker, but he's excellent in the air, no-nonsense, Row Z. His introduction was one of the major factors in our promotion last year, but he's way too slow for the Prem. Good signing for any Championship side. Most Hull fans hold him in a lot of affection."

Me like...

Sounds like Hudson apart from the leadership/organiser bit
  • Options
    And Parky knows what he will be getting ....... at Colchester, Brown was Parky's promotion winning skipper, wasn't he?

Parky obviously trying to sign a team of captains ....?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    Parky obviously trying to sign a team of captains ....?

we bleedin need it Oggy! just one would do though!
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Wonder if the delay on an announcement is because Parky is trying to get him a permanent deal and the board are suggesting a loan might be more appropriate?

Just a thought, based on comments by Phil Brown and by Parky onthe O/S yesterday where I think he said he would prefer permanent signings but was under financial constraints...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah it could possibly be waiting for Hull to make a decision, maybe they are looking at replacing him, or deciding if they can manage without him.

Should be solid for us in either league, his pace isn't a problem with us being at the very least 2 or 3 of years off the Prem.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]1960026858-soccer-coca-cola-football-league-championship-hull-city-v-burnley.jpg

Fooking heck...he looks like a serial killer (not that I know what one looks like).....reminds me of dear old Eddie Youds......Fancy a kick around mate?...Ermmmm no thanks I'm late for work!
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Yeah it could possibly be waiting for Hull to make a decision, maybe they are looking at replacing him, or deciding if they can manage without him.

Should be solid for us in either league, his pace isn't a problem with us being at the very least 2 or 3 of years off the Prem.

Could be Hull don't want to sell only loan.

Can't blame Brown for wanting something Permanent at his age and presumably with a family. A perm deal would mean he could move his family while a loan could mean living in hotels or perhaps with relatives.

Parky will know all about that having bought a house near Hull the week before they sacked him and with his family still living up there.

On the other hand Brown has just got to the top flight having been playing in League 2 four years ago and may want to give it some more time.

That's the thing with transfers. So many different parties; clubs, agents, players, families and all with different agendas and so many factors such as fees, wages, replacements, length of contract, housing etc, etc.

Impossible to say which if any are holding up the deal.
  • Options
    I'm with SoundAs ......... now that is ugly. Against Hull last year, I know our strikers never used to go near him.

If he signs, I bet Ambrose will shit himself playing against him in training matches.

;o)
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    This is what Hull's Phil Brown said earlier inthe week :

''Wayne Brown is in talks with Charlton at the moment to resume his career with Phil Parkinson. That has gone to a board meeting on Tuesday. We are awaiting the results of that meeting to continue negotiations for Brownie to go there for a season-long loan with a permanent deal agreed behind it."

So it sounds like Shef U are willing to let him go on a permanent basis. I took the Tues board meeting he referred to as a meeting of the Charlton board. I'm sure from what Parky has said he wants the guy on a permanent deal. It may be that our board is suggesting a loan might suit them better? I don't know, but I hope the fact it has gone a bit quiet is nothing to worry about, because I'd love to see Eddie Youds Mk 2 in a Charlton shirt....
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Shef U Nigel?
  • Options
    Sorry. That's the Spring fella (whom I also like the sound of!)

Anyway, you know what I meant...

But I'd mark down Murty, Spring and Brown (if the small print can be sorted) as a very good week's business.
  • Options
    Definitely backbone players - just what we've been lacking.

Now all we need to do is get Andy Reid on loan until the end of the season.

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Definitely backbone players - just what we've been lacking.

Now all we need to do is get Andy Reid on loan until the end of the season.

;o)

Careful, Oggy -that sounds more like Pardew speak...