Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wayne Brown - Rumoured to be signing tomorrow

Comments

• Options
    I am worried this one is needed more than any of the others and it is taking a bit too long
  • Options
    I know what you mean, NLA ...... would have been good to get this Rottweiler in today. God, he is UGLY.
    Just what we need.
  • Options
    Was hoping they were delaying so that they could announce the pair together.

Have a feeling this will fall down as we won't take him perm until we ship some out.

If the game goes ahead don't reckon he will be here in time, if at all.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    The ugly game.... sad to say, it sounds rather attractive in our current plight, doesn't it?

Bring it on. The uglier the better. ( But does that mean Bouazza is a serious loss? He might have had lovely feet but the rest of him was hardly an oil painting!)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]I am worried this one is needed more than any of the others and it is taking a bit too long

What Henry said really, could be any reason for that. Seems long to us, but there's probably a lot to sort out and negotiate. I think we'll sign him, might not be until next week though.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]I know what you mean, NLA ...... would have been good to get this Rottweiler in today. God, he is UGLY.
    Just what we need.[/quote]

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2107337.ece
  • Options
    Since when have you been reading the Sun Henners?
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Clem said : "Have a feeling this will fall down as we won't take him perm until we ship some out."

I hope that is not true. How many experienced central defenders on our books? Fortune, Hudson and ...er, Matt Holland.

If there's one position where there should be no argument that we need another permanent signing it is central defender.

Cannot many of our problems this season be traced back to Pardew starting the season with just two central defenders, and then JF getting injured?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]I am worried this one is needed more than any of the others and it is taking a bit too long

What Henry said really, could be any reason for that. Seems long to us, but there's probably a lot to sort out and negotiate. I think we'll sign him, might not be until next week though.

Yeah, Parky actually said we were close to a couple of deals and he hoped one would be in by the Forest game. With Bouazza going he probably saw Spring as more of a priority and will hopefully sign Brown soon enough to perhaps be unveiled before tomorrow's game.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]I know what you mean, NLA ...... would have been good to get this Rottweiler in today. God, he is UGLY.
    Just what we need.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2107337.ece

Than you for that, Henry. And I thought Brownie was ugly?

God, I never relised quite how facially challenged Ann Widdicombe actually is.
    Gonna look at my GF with new respect ....!

;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Since when have you been reading the Sun Henners?

Found a copy on the 13.01 to Blackfriars yesterday. No, honestly I did.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Since when have you been reading the Sun Henners?

And you couldn't resist. Page 3 calling, Henry ... and at your age too.

;o)
  • Options
    I hope that is not true. How many experienced central defenders on our books? Fortune, Hudson and ...er, Matt Holland.

Was making a general observation - don't think we will out any defenders. Maybe Moo2. Brown is probably well paid and if we want him perm is probably a 7-10k a week man add a potential 300-500k fee and you are looking at bye bye Ambrose, bye bye Zheng and then we could probably do it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]

And you couldn't resist. Page 3 calling, Henry ... and at your age too.

;o)

I never realised anyone could write so much about big brother and "celebrities".
  • Options
    Didn't I read somewhere, the idea was season long loan with option to buy?
  • Options
    interesting to see the comments on hudson - at palace we think mccarthy seems like beckanbauer in comparison to hudson - not that he was terrible, just that he was awful with the ball anywhere near his feet, whereas mccarthy has been a revelation

and mccarthy is probably not on the serious whack you're paying hudson (and knowing pardew, presumably on a contract until he's 78 years old)
  • Options
    Alright David. For a Palace man you've been pretty reasonable. Up until now. No need to crow!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: david sylvian[/cite]just that he was awful with the ball anywhere near his feet

If Hudson looks poor on the ball, you're just lucky you've never had Sam Sodje or Amdy Faye. They make Hudson look fairly comfortable on the ball.
  • Options
    sorry, didn't mean to crow, and I am a reasonable man...with a wonderful back catalogue

but there's been some blind spots amongst your management in recent years which has made them focus too much on getting one over on Jordan - and it's not really done you any good

Thank god we haven't tried to wind up Millwall's or Brighton's senior management in a similar way, we'd probably be in Conference South by now
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Can't blame Brown for wanting something Permanent at his age and presumably with a family. A perm deal would mean he could move his family while a loan could mean living in hotels or perhaps with relatives.

I could do a trade, he can kip in my room, which is ideal, 2mins from the valley.

I can then move out of my shitty halls into his gaff, sounds perfect to me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU16[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Can't blame Brown for wanting something Permanent at his age and presumably with a family. A perm deal would mean he could move his family while a loan could mean living in hotels or perhaps with relatives.

I could do a trade, he can kip in my room, which is ideal, 2mins from the valley.

I can then move out of my shitty halls into his gaff, sounds perfect to me.

Stop moaning you soap dodging student. Should be grateful we let you have a hall of residence and not just a tent in the quad.
  • Options
    tent in the quad - didn't Charlton used to have one of them???
  • Options
    Should be grateful we let you have a hall of residence and not just a tent in the quad.

A quad at hull uni - give it a rest!!
  • Options
    Hull...according to the latest Ministry of Environment statistics(2006), it's the local authority with more outside lavvies per capita than anywhere in the country.
  • Options
    I've still got my outside loo, in full working order, embossed cast iron high level cistern, with chain to pull.
    Wonderful for contemplation on a sunny morning!

Of course, I've now got a bog in the bathroom, too.

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]I've still got my outside loo, in full working order, embossed cast iron high level cistern, with chain to pull.

;o)

I bet the locals think you are a right fancy dan with an inside toilet. You'll be get that lectirick light next. :-)
  • Options
    Can't compete on the outside loo, Oggy.

But mains drainage/sewerage has not reached us here in rural Kent and so we do have a cess pit, which we pay the local farmer to come and empty every eight or nine weeks ...

Is this what they call thread creep (although I can think of a more unpleasant name for it!)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]I've still got my outside loo, in full working order, embossed cast iron high level cistern, with chain to pull.

;o)

On a sunny morning...you shit there with the door open I take it?
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Stop moaning you soap dodging student. Should be grateful we let you have a hall of residence and not just a tent in the quad.

But...but.... I pay for it!

(wih your tax money :-P)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]

;o)

On a sunny morning...you shit there with the door open I take it?

Garden is quite secluded ...... but probably too much information, lol
    Trust you are not gifted with mind pictures....?