Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wayne Brown - Rumoured to be signing tomorrow

Comments

• Options
    Sorry........... that should have read sit there.
  • Options
    LOL!
  • Options
    Any news on this? I heard he was at the game yesterday but didn't see him myself and could have been just tittle tattle.
  • Options
    Who ?
  • Options
    Was the the big bald bloke i saw running for the exit at about 4.30 yesterday afternoon.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: addick1965[/cite]Was the the big bald bloke i saw running for the exit at about 4.30 yesterday afternoon.

I'd imagine it was more like 3.40 - after he saw us concede those two dreadful goals!
  • Options
    I don't know. He may have been thinking that he would be nailed on to play instead of Hudson and could earn extra bunce for being captain as well. Let's face it if he'd played instead of Hudson we wouldn't have lost.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]I don't know. He may have been thinking that he would be nailed on to play instead of Hudson and could earn extra bunce for being captain as well. Let's face it if he'd played instead of Hudson we wouldn't have lost.

Yes, but does he really want to play in Div 3 next season?
  • Options
    i doubt he will... havnt seen much of him to be honest.. is he good????
  • Options
    Good point Weegie. I hope they all hate the thought of it enough to give everything they've got to make sure it doesn't happen.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dunno if he's any good, but he looks blooming scary!
  • Options
    yeah he is a lump....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]Let's face it if he'd played instead of Hudson we wouldn't have lost.

That's quite a leap in logic there CE, the boy might have made 3 ricks of his own for all we know.
  • Options
    i fear for this signing if uit was going to happen i feel i would have been done by now

i mean it is not as if we need a centre half is it
  • Options
    Parky's post match interview on the OS mentions it just after half way through. However, despite replaying it a few times I can't make out if Parky says we ARE or AREN'T still interested.Perhaps someone else wants to listen and offer an opinion ;-)
  • Options
    I think he said the deals dead now Im afraid
  • Options
    Parky and Brown both want a permanent deal. Our board discussed it last Tues and were only prepared to offer loan terms, I suspect.

That's a deal breaker : similar thing happened when Brown was going to go to Leeds and it fell through for the same reason.
  • Options
    Where else are we going to find a free transfer of that calibre - especially where Parky knows the player is tried and trusted, and exactly what we're lacking?
  • Options
    deal out the window parky said

FFS Hudson for the next few games at CH

PARKY DROP HIM PUT HOLLAND AT CH
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]Parky and Brown both want a permanent deal. Our board discussed it last Tues and were only prepared to offer loan terms, I suspect.

That's a deal breaker : similar thing happened when Brown was going to go to Leeds and it fell through for the same reason.

That's more proof of the terrible financial situation. Can't blame Parky for trying -can ask questions of the board for not supporting his judgment - after all, they gave Pardew more than enough rope to hang himself and the club with...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not proof, Weegie,only what we suspect happened. Phil Brown at Hull said Wayne Brown was looking for a permanent move and it was going to our board on Tues. Parky said he wanted to make permanent signings but the financial situation was pressuring him towards loanees.

Board meets and suddenly the Brown deal isn't happening...but there could be other reasons...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]Not proof, Weegie,only what we suspect happened. Phil Brown at Hull said Wayne Brown was looking for a permanent move and it was going to our board on Tues. Parky said he wanted to make permanent signings but the financial situation was pressuring him towards loanees.

Board meets and suddenly the Brown deal isn't happening...but there could be other reasons...

It wasn't clear which board Brown was talking about, ours or theirs. Could be read either way.
  • Options
    Phil Brown has said that talks between Wayne Brown and us have stalled. Pity as i think he could be a decent signing.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Well and truly dead. He was reportedly seen watching Ipswich play at Portman Rd on Sat. Don't know if that means they are now sniffing around him.

WB himself has said he's looking for a permanent move and not a loan, so one can only assume that was the stumbling block.

Meanwhile we struggle on with just two central defenders, and Holland as the only cover if Fortune or Hudson is injured or suspended.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]Well and truly dead. He was reportedly seen watching Ipswich play at Portman Rd on Sat. Don't know f that means they are now sniffing around him.

WB himself has said he's looking for a permanent move and not a loan, so one can only assume that was the stumbling block.

Meanwhile we struggle on with just two central defenders, and Holland as the only cover if Fortune or Hudson is injured or suspended.

And Hudson is a Centre Back in the loosest sense of the term at the moment

Earlier in the season he looked really good but we cannot afford to have a captain that is so low in confidence
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]Well and truly dead. He was reportedly seen watching Ipswich play at Portman Rd on Sat. Don't know if that means they are now sniffing around him.

He did come through the Ipswich youth team, he might support them.

If we don't get him surely Parkinson will get someone else.
  • Options
    According to the Daily Star today he's signing on loan till the end of the season.
  • Options
    Daily Star though.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: L Block JT[/cite]Daily Star though.

I did think that, but miracles do happen!
  • Options
    Lazy journo's, slow news day, Hudson doubtful before big derby game, only one fit CB etc etc.

If this was going to happen I'm sure it would have been done a long time ago.