Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

PLAY DICKSON

edited January 2009 in General Charlton
I don't care if he's good in the dressing room
I don't care if he's good in training
I don't care if he's got an attitude
I don't care if he's got problems all round

But, ALL Charlton fans are just cared about, as should his team mates is that he knows where the back of the net is and he earns us 3 points with the goals he scores.

CAN I MAKE IT ANY CLEARER PARKY?!

And I think, given our current situation, that each and every Charlton fan shares my opinion.

Play the lad
Give him a chance
5 games in a row
See how he does
We'll all support you if it turns out he's not good enough
But if you don't give him a fair run
We'll all be wondering why not forever

Comments

• Options
    i'm glad you typed all that, as i don't have to try now. well said
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    In supporting Charlton for 48 years I cannot remember a time when fans felt so strongly that a player should be given a go and yet seem so at odds with the managers opinion. I can actually say the same about the general approval rating of the manager too. Interesting times to be a Charlton fan. If Dickson is allowed to leave I have to say it will make me consider not buying a season ticket next season.
  • Options
    Great post supaclive, was going to write something similar myself.
    I just pray some people from the club read this.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Yet another example of the ridiculous decision-making going on at all levels of the club at the moment.
  • Options
    Yes, it may seem a bit strong SHG but I feel much the same.
  • Options
    Play him ffs parkinson you pr1ck
  • Options
    dickson already has more open play goals than Burton has in the last 10 games - 1.

I am not a big fan of Dicksons from what i have seen but there is no doubt he is more likely to score than the rest of em. I would play him and Todorov up front, let Toddy do all the creating and hold up play and tell Dickson to shoot on site.
  • Options
    Shock horror Addicks striker scores a goal!! Even more shocking, he can't get a starting place in the team due to the quality of the strikers he would replace, even more shocking still he's wanted by at least two othet clubs....you really couldn't make it up.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]In supporting Charlton for 48 years I cannot remember a time when fans felt so strongly that a player should be given a go and yet seem so at odds with the managers opinion. I can actually say the same about the general approval rating of the manager too. Interesting times to be a Charlton fan.

interesting point i think. It's interesting that parkinson, a man who was such an unpopular choice for manager and currently so unsuccessful, is willing to resist the opinion of fans so much. he either feels confident and secure in his position or REALLY has an issue with Dickson
  • Options
    I eagerly await his comments on Dickson after today.

Didn't he come out and say that he would like him to score and give him something to think about?.

One thing is for sure, he won't start on Tuesday and I would not be at all surprised if today is his parting gift.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Play someone who scores goals? Don#t think so.
  • Options
    Whats so effing frustrating is that in all honesty its more about whether he will score goals next season not this one. This season is long gone.
  • Options
    SHG - couldn't agree more.

I don't thinkk there is any doubting his ability at the league below. Lunacy not to be thinking about next season IMHO.
  • Options
    He's already proved he can score plenty of goals in league one. We have to make sure he's scoring them for us.
  • Options
    Can someone please try and get this point through to Phil Parkinson?? We're all thinking it just need to take it further
  • Options
    Thing is he's handed in a transfer request which means he's pissed off.I think it might be too late,i really hope not but i think he's got his heart set on moving.Please stay Chris don't leave us with Burton and Gray
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dan C 4[/cite]Can someone please try and get this point through to Phil Parkinson?? We're all thinking it just need to take it further
    Considering the standard format of everybody else's email address at the club, you could always try phil.parkinson@cafc.co.uk - try to keep it polite though! :-p
  • Options
    If he doesn't start him on Tuesday then all we can do is start off some Dickson chants to get our point across.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I was thinking the same. Start him Tuesday, throw him in there.

I don't really care if he can't hold up the ball, play a simple pass or even play for the team.

We can't score goals, which means we don't have a chance of winning games.

If Dickson does nothing for 90 minutes, but scores a goal, let the other 10 players work hard and defend as a team. If he gives the ball away, we'll have to win it back.

At least if he can score a goal or two we have a chance of winning.

Even more so against Palace on Tuesday, he'll be confident after scoring today, and the fans will get behind the team (and Parkinson) even more.

If he starts a few games I think he'd be happy to stay, but he's been here almost 2 years now and we desperately need a goalscorer. We're that low that it doesn't matter how bad the rest of his game is, Iwelumo gives away free kicks all the time for Wolves as he did for us (which the stats back up), but I bet the Wolves fans don't care if he's scoring and they are winning because of those goals.
  • Options
    Parkinson's comments
    "Today we responded in the right manner and I though the subs today helped us with Andy [Gray] and Chris [Dickson] looking sharp. So there were plenty of positives to take out of the game.

"It was a good finish from young Chris. He is a lad we signed from non-league and has been patiently waiting for a chance.

"He's come on today and scored a good goalscorers' goal. He almost got the ball before it hit the back of net and ran off to the halfway line, that's how determined he was to score another goal.

"I'm pleased for Chris. He's worked hard in training and waited for a chance. The more performances he puts in like that that better chances he'll have of starting a game.”

So he's got to do this at least a couple more times to increase his chance of starting?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    give the lad a fecking try Here Here SUPACLIVE
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]Play him ffs parkinson you pr1ck

That would be a good VALLEY FLAG
  • Options
    Lucky 13 games with Parky in charge and, other than a penalty before today only two strikers had hit the net - the now departed Waggy, and Gray, both against Derby. Just to repeat that it's 2 in 13 games. But Parky's press conference implies he's going to need to keep coming off the bench and scoring before he can be considered for a start. Some questions that this leaves me with:

How many goals does he have to score from the bench, to get a go?
    Why does this rule not apply to shite like Burton and Gray?
    If Parky was given the task of relegating the club in the most humiliating manner, what - if anything - would he change from what he is currently doing?
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    wait until Soundasa£ sees this...

by the way couldn't agree more.

All this he can;t hold it up bollox - that's what we signed Andy Gray for and he does it well.
  • Options
    I think it all comes down to him not being able to admit he is wrong about Dickson, Parky please swallow some pride, admit you are wrong, give in to the fans pressure and play him. Out of all the players over the last few years has anyone deserved to be given a chance like Dickson? What more has he got to do? I'm sure he feels exactly the same hence handing in a transfer request, I just cannot believe what is going on at the moment
  • Options
    this could turn into a mini petition thread, someone get it to the club by tues !
  • Options
    With everyone on this , he's the only forward who shows hunger to get the ball, takes on defences and shoots on goal . Play him ffs.
  • Options
    EARTH CALLING PARKY....EARTH CALLING PARKY You know what to do...now do it!!
  • Options
    After all what have we got to lose? He's frustrated and hungry and we have to win...he can't be worse than our current goal shy strikers