Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

PLAY DICKSON

Comments

• Options
    what have we got to lose is the point. if parky plays him for 10 games and he's rubbish then i still wouldnt regret calling for him to start, because there's no competition and it's worth the gamble. what's the alternative.
  • Options
    We want Chris Dickson!
    We want Chris Dickson!
    We want Chris Dickson!
    Repeat to fade...........
  • Options
    For me, it is not only that we have nothing to lose, it is that Dickson should have been playing if only to increase his non-existent transfer value.

Whether Dicko is seen as having a future with the club or not, he should have been starting -- particularly in Cup matches.

I've tried to stay as positive as possible through this debacle, but Parky's comments after today's match have led me to reach the following conclusion: he is an idiot and the quicker he is separated from the club, the better all parties are.

There should be one threshold question for anyone who wants to manage this club: what will you do to harness the resources we have on this club? If the answer focuses on the need to bring more or better talent into the club, then on to the next candidate.
  • Options
    the lad needs to play end off
  • Options
    Results before Dickson came on – Won 0 Drew 2 Lost 10 For 3 Against 19 (858 minutes)
    Results after Dickson came on – Won 3 Drew 8 Lost 1 For 6 Against 5 (232 minutes)

Note that we've scored twice as many goals when Dickson's been on the pitch than when he hasn't in those games. Nothing to do with going 4-4-2 of course.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Shall we list the "one vs ones" we've scored from this season where an individual has been able to get in behind the opposition back 4 and taken the chance? I'll start with the easy one:

Chris Dickson vs Sheffield United

Next?

Come on it can't be that hard can it?
  • Options
    It's pretty simple Parkinson, just consider the 2 following equations

GRAY + BURTON = 0 GOALS
    DICKSON = GOALS
    Just apply that to your team selection !!!!!!!!!!!
    i.e. PLAY DICKSON
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]wait until Soundasa£ sees this...

by the way couldn't agree more.

All this he can;t hold it up bollox - that's what we signed Andy Gray for and he does it well.

I don't rate him (leastways in this division) but I agree give him a go...he can't be any worse can he! The players who we quite reasonably might have expected to have produced the goods for us have failed lamentably...players that in my opinion are or should be a step or two up from Dickson.
    I would be delighted if he proves me wrong, which I have been before re a players ability.....but I think looking to him to be something of a saviour is stretching things way too far.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]In supporting Charlton for 48 years I cannot remember a time when fans felt so strongly that a player should be given a go and yet seem so at odds with the managers opinion.

Couldn't agree more with this.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    From what little I saw on ITV, Dickson appeared to score an instinctive strikers goal and then dashed into the goal to collect the ball to get the game playing again quickly. He didn't rush around celebrating. If that is correct then I'm pretty impressed by that determined attitude. Despite my also having some reservations, we're told he's training hard, so I would agree that he has fully earnt his chance and should start. I'll be shouting Dicko as well.
  • Options
    I think that's the point - we might all have reservations - but that's because we haven't really seen the boy play and so none of us know - but what we do know is we have to give him a chance as our other forwards have hardly been pulling up trees in our 18 game winless run in the league!
  • Options
    Somone needs to take this thread to CAFC. The internet can be a powerful tool.

PLAY DICKSON
  • Options
    wasnt George Best a lazy sod on the traning ground but when he was on the pitch boom.
  • Options
    how cxan anyone say they dont rate him in this league??

How would you know knowone as seen him yet

Well another way is to let it be known we want him Tuesday make it vocal
  • Options
    Agree with Sound, in as much as nobody should view Dicko as our saviour - apart from anything we shouldn't be putting that kind of pressure on him. However in the odd minutes in which our managerial geniuses have allowed him the opportunity to play he has simply looked better than our other options. For that reason alone it is perverse not to give him a chance. It's convinced me that we are not dealing with a nice and knowledgeable man who has gotten a bit unlucky or simply made mistakes, ibut rather an idiot who will stick to his misguided opinion regardless of the damage he is causing.
  • Options
    I'm already on record saying that I don't understand the furore surrounding Dicko, he isn't oue saviour but I have to hold my hands up and agree, given the state we're in the lad should get a run in the first team. Start him on Tuesday.
  • Options
    I don't think anyone is calling him our saviour. We are, after all, beyond saving.
  • Options
    Thats the whole point isn`t it. There is no risk in starting Dickson. No wins in 18. What harm could it do to thos statistics. Saviour no, but jeez give the lad a chance.
  • Options
    I wonder why we ar so focussed on a striker, it doesn't make much sense considering the state of our defence. Just add up the goals we've conceeded against teams from South Yorkshire alone (Barnsley, and the Sheffields).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I really don`t think that any of us think Dickson is in any way going to score enough goals to keep us up. Its purely that it is obvious that he deserves a go and yet is being denied. The club must be aware of this feeling and I know you cannot have the fans picking the team I really do feel that this Dickson thing is becoming a real issue.
  • Options
    Its a bit like history repeating itself. When our bad run started, we all gave Pardew the benefit of the doubt and thought he was unlucky, but it became apparent that he was clueless and not a bit thick.

Looking at the evidence regarding playing Dickson..... I don't think I need I say more.
  • Options
    Not a Saviour but someone that wants to play and looks like he cares when he does get on and can score

Surely someone worth playing ?????????????????????

Granted not proven at this level they ones on teh pitch that are are doing naff all so whats best Dicko who wants it or another loanee who does not give a feck
  • Options
    Think we all know he's not the saviour. For me it's an issue of fairness towards the players. He's earnt a chance to start, how can you motivate a team if you don't reward effort and success?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stilladdicted[/cite] how can you motivate a team if you don't reward effort and success?

Well put. I think we had our answer when Parky put his beloved loanees back into the team after our first win in 18 games.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    The way Parky motivates Dickson is by bringing in a "forward" who has scored 1 (one) goal in open play in 29 games this season and telling Dickson:

"You can learn a lot from Deon. Just look at the way he holds the ball up and doesn't give it away. Once you show me more of that I might give you a start but, in the meantime, if the likes of Southend or Gillingham come in for you you're free to go. It's about time you learnt that his game is not all about scoring goals son."
  • Options
    Sad but true imho
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Valley_floyd_red[/cite]I wonder why we ar so focussed on a striker, it doesn't make much sense considering the state of our defence. Just add up the goals we've conceeded against teams from South Yorkshire alone (Barnsley, and the Sheffields).

This is true we obviously are totally rubbish at the back but in some games, certainly Southampton and Forest at home, maybe QPR and Derby, if we'd taken our chances early on then it would have given us a platform to go on and win the game. Unfortunately not taking our chances puts pressure on the defence and we subsequently end up drawing or losing games. Dickson in my opinion, (and probably a lot of others peoples), is the likeliest of our strikers to get us a goal.
  • Options
    All together now

D.I.C.K.O

If we can't keep the goals out at one end then the very least we should be doing is playing someone who can put them away at the other end. It might not work but hey everyone else has had a go and failed miserably so why not Dickson? Not enough goals = not enough points!!! Do the maths Parky it's not hard.
  • Options
    Parky talks about wanting to bring players into the team that are winners, aren't phased by the position we are in and have more character and determination than our current crop of players. Sound like anyone we know ? Doh!