Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

PLAY DICKSON

Comments

• Options
    I think I may wait to see if he's in the starting 11 before setting out, what time do they announce it?
  • Options
    If the Internet and messageboards had existed in the early 90's I bet there would have been the same type of thread about Paul Gorman
  • Options
    So you'd rather see Burton start than Dickson tonight Rothko?

What did you think of Dickson's goal on Sat?

Pretty smartly taken eh???
  • Options
    I'm expecting a mob of angry Dicko fans to march on the Valley tonight. Dicko will come to the window to much cheering then Parky will drag him away shouting: he's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy.

52 more for 3000
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kinveachyaddick[/cite]So you'd rather see Burton start than Dickson tonight Rothko?

What did you think of Dickson's goal on Sat?

Pretty smartly taken eh???

Errr did I say that, congrats if you can find that in my post.

Jesus
  • Options
    He just asked the question Rothers...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]He just asked the question Rothers...

He's making something of my post which isn't there, so maybe them voices in his head can answer them for him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]LOL, 2,700 votes and only about 10 people have voted !

Its turning into one of our 'official attendances' !

Sorry, it's 20, 606 is at it as well.
  • Options
    i actually think dickson aint all that from the limited i have seen(there again i thought varney was good wtf do i know!) but i'd deffo give him a go cos we're already down now so nothing to lose
  • Options
    He should have a run in the side, might as well everything else has failed.

And I was commenting on a post earlier in the thread about how this is biggest push by fans for a player to play. I remember the same being said about Gorman (who I rated) in the early 90's, it just wasn't amplified by the internet
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's going up a stupidly fast rate! just then it went up about 80 in a minute.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: L Block JT[/cite]It's going up a stupidly fast rate! just then it went up about 80 in a minute.

Well I really think he should play...!
  • Options
    Nice work Chunes. Let's get it up to 10k by 5pm! All hail the Mighty Dicko!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]i actually think dickson aint all that from the limited i have seen(there again i thought varney was good wtf do i know!) but i'd deffo give him a go cos we're already down now so nothing to lose[/quote]

how can you judge from the very limited time he has on the pitch
  • Options
  • Options
    very odd thing to have on the official site...maybe there are murmurings behind the scenes that he deserves a start...
  • Options
    you get these sort of polls all the time about players starting or were we should strenghten up etc
  • Options
    3700 now
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]i actually think dickson aint all that from the limited i have seen(there again i thought varney was good wtf do i know!) but i'd deffo give him a go cos we're already down now so nothing to lose

cos i don't think his touch is great from what i have seen and his positional play and off the ball running isn't brilliant either IMO...it's only my view just like the hoards clambering for him to play they have had limited viewing , he has a good goals ratio in the lower leagues and reserves but so does izale and don't rate him either i am no expert but then not sure many on here are
  • Options
    The Clammering for a player who has never scored a League goal for us is actually making me laugh. Still I hope you all get your wish & he gets a game, I'll wager it won't be long before you all say he's crap get rid etc :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]The Clammering for a player who has never scored a League goal for us is actually making me laugh. Still I hope you all get your wish & he gets a game, I'll wager it won't be long before you all say he's crap get rid etc :-)[/quote]

my thoughts exactly, although to be fair he simply cannot be any worse than what we have and if he runs his nuts off for 90 minutes and actually looks like he cares then that'll do for me (obviously chipping in with a hat trick would help !)
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]The Clammering for a player who has never scored a League goal for us...

Isn't that the point?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]The Clammering for a player who has never scored a League goal for us is actually making me laugh. Still I hope you all get your wish & he gets a game, I'll wager it won't be long before you all say he's crap get rid etc :-)

Probably right but is one non-scoring striker any worse than another non-scoring striker?

Our score is still NIL at the end of the match. At least Dicko looks as if he MIGHT score. I don't feel that with either Burton or Gray.
  • Options
    we let our best non- scoring striker go... Varney that is ;-(
  • Options
    I hope the 1% voting against Dicko won't be persecuted for their extreme views: unless it's Jordan & Warnock!
  • Options
    OS won't let me vote any more. How unreasonable.
  • Options
    what's his goals per minutes on the pitch ratio for the first-team?

2 goals I'm guessing - both away to good sides (one a Prem side) in the FA Cup

has many minutes has he had on the pitch - has he ever started a game?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kinveachyaddick[/cite]
    has he ever started a game?

No which is a joke, must have one of the best goals to games ratios in all the reserve leagues aswell as his stint in League one

But due to never starting a game or consistently gettin on from the bench we really have no idea what he's like, all we know is he scored a shit load in League1 and a shit load in the reserves, I think a hat trick against portsmouth reserve on his reserve debut in the first 20 mins or something?!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]i actually think dickson aint all that from the limited i have seen(there again i thought varney was good wtf do i know!) but i'd deffo give him a go cos we're already down now so nothing to lose

cos i don't think his touch is great from what i have seen and his positional play and off the ball running isn't brilliant either IMO...it's only my view just like the hoards clambering for him to play they have had limited viewing , he has a good goals ratio in the lower leagues and reserves but so does izale and don't rate him either i am no expert but then not sure many on here are

You're right in a way, on overall ability he's not that great.

But he's a goalscorer, he's greedy on the pitch, desperate to score goals for us.

The way we are playing, we need someone like that. It doesn't matter that he can't hold up the ball, has a poor first touch, makes poor decisions and can't pass the ball.

We need to at least keep him here because next season he can score goals in League One.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kinveachyaddick[/cite]what's his goals per minutes on the pitch ratio for the first-team?

2 goals I'm guessing - both away to good sides (one a Prem side) in the FA Cup

has many minutes has he had on the pitch - has he ever started a game?

Don't know Dickson's goal to minutes ratio overall but, as you can see from the stats below, we've done infinitely better when he's come on than we had prior to that point:

Results before Dickson came on – Won 0 Drew 2 Lost 10 For 3 Against 19 (858 minutes)
    Results after Dickson came on – Won 3 Drew 8 Lost 1 For 6 Against 5 (232 minutes)

The fact that we've scored twice as many goals for a quarter of the period rather says it all about not just his impact but the fact that we've gone to 4-4-2 from 4-5-1.